Gyms In Huay Kaew And Nimman

tygerstar

You have a choice of 2 near you. Powerhouse and Thailand Fitness. Both work.

I am a member of both. Thailand Fitness is like 1/2 the price of Powerhouse. When my membership

at PH expired in October 2009 I joined TF to save some Baht. Well, after a 2 months I really missed

PH so I went back and rejoined. It cost me more to save.:)) Like I said both will work just PH works

best for me.

The one on 3rd floor of Central is cheap and basic. no locker rooms (they have lockers though and no bathroom inside the gym, but it is cheap, has all you really need (cardio machines of all sorts, free and weight machines). TONS of help there too, really friendly place.

I went there in my workout clothes and drove back :shrug:

You have a choice of 2 near you. Powerhouse and Thailand Fitness.

I probably should know this but where's Thailand Fitness? Or do you mean Fitness Thailand behind the Computer Plaza? And why do you prefer Powerhouse over the other one?

Haven't been to Powerhouse before but Fitness Thailand behind the computer plaza looked like a dam_n nice gym. I think membership cost 1100B/month. Personally I decided to stick with traditional exercise, but may end up there eventually.

Haven't been to Powerhouse before but Fitness Thailand behind the computer plaza looked like a dam_n nice gym. I think membership cost 1100B/month. Personally I decided to stick with traditional exercise, but may end up there eventually.

I've been to Fitness Thailand, and while they have a lot of equipment, the cold cavernous atmosphere didn't appeal to me. I prefer smaller gyms.

I've been a member of PH for the past three years. I pay 9000 Baht per year and it's great. I work out in the afternoon at around 2pm and I'm usually the only one there.

There's also the Kantary Hills gym, which has a very nbice pool, but that will set you back 18,000 Baht per year.

:) We're members at Powerhouse and find the facilities to be as good as most clubs anywhere. The staff is very attentive and friendly and there are a number of different types of classes you can take if interested. The locker rooms are well maintained and have saunas. Only time it is too busy is with the after work crowd. I read the Bangkok Post while on the exercise bike and computed that the savings on the daily newspaper pays for my membership over the year. :D

I've been a member of PH for the past three years. I pay 9000 Baht per year and it's great. I work out in the afternoon at around 2pm and I'm usually the only one there.

Hi Scrubber. Is yours a daytime only membership? Are the personal trainers any good?

PowerHouse is cleaner and more hi-so, particularly during after work hours. The equipment is limited and it feels a bit tight. Fitness Thailand is huge with an array of machines, great view of Doi Suthep (which the previous site of PowerHouse had). The folks there are friendly enough. Seems more down home. The owner of PowerHouse seems to dabble in Christian proselytizing occasionally which, for some, might be a problem. Fitness Thailand is also half the price, has free internet with a computer and the Bangkok Post and lots of classes.

Hi Scrubber. Is yours a daytime only membership? Are the personal trainers any good?

No, it's a full membership. The day I had to renew my membership, there were 2 other people wanting to join and the saleswoman said if I renew with them, she'd give us all a discount. I think normally it's about 12k.

I can't comment on the personal trainers as I've never used them.

Where is fitness Thailand? Google maps didn't show location and this doesn't help.

On Huay Kaew coming from Nimman turn left (North) at the moat (Hussadhisawee Rd.). Turn right on the next street (Maneepoparat Soi 3), you'll past a school, and the first high rise building you see on your right is where Fitness Thailand is - 7th floor. You'll see a fried chicken stand in front of the entrance.

I was confused as well since the website looked so nice, but the actual building looks run down. Although very happy with the gym; has everything I need and price is great.