Emoticons Not Working

krading

A little help required please.

When posting using fast reply none of the editing drop downs work, 'bold', 'emoticons' etc.

Rimmer suggested clearing recent history so I upgraded Firefox and tried but still no luck.

If I open a 'new topic' I can access emos from the side bar only if I 'Show All' and then select one. :)

Enable emoticons and signature are both checked.

Also, in the 'attachment editor' field I have 'Initializing Attachments....' along with the spinning wheel.

Is this normal?

You are on the latest version of firefox? does this it do the same thing in another browser?

Can you please try logging out, clearing cache and deleting all thai visa cookies. close browser window. re open browser window and log back in and see if it still does it?

Tried that, still not working.

edit. Yes, latest version of Firefox. I don't use IE :D

I do use IE 7 and it works fine :D

Sawadee :)

Edited by Kan Win

BTW, for those who prefer to use fast reply you can go to your Control Panel > Board Settings and select Yes for "Open Fast Reply automatically when available?" The Fast Reply box will always show without having to click on the Fast Reply button.

I just reread your topic post and saw you mention the spinning wheel for attachments. Appears you are not getting the java scripts completely. Make sure Enable Javascript and Enable Java is selected in Firefox. This could effect both the attachments box and icon selections.

BTW, for those who prefer to use fast reply you can go to your Control Panel > Board Settings and select Yes for "Open Fast Reply automatically when available?" The Fast Reply box will always show without having to click on the Fast Reply button.

Good tip, thanks! :)