Ctpl Insurance Not Exactly Same As Road Tax Date

junkofdavid2

My CTPL renewal date from Thaivisa Insurance is not exactly the same as the Road Tax expiration of Jan. 18. Instead, the date is Feb. 5.

(Because I bought it together with 2nd class + insurance 2 weeks after the original road tax date. There was previously already an existing CTPL bought on same date as previous Road Tax, but I bought another CTPL from Thaivisa so that it'd be the same company as my 2nd class insurance).

Would there be any issues paying for Road Tax on Jan 18? The CTPL they look at will have a date starting on Feb. 5, and not Jan. 18.

:)

You cannot buy the road tax without a years CTPL at the very least.. but you can pay your insurance Company and get both types of cover before you get the road tax, or at the very least get your CTPL cover before..

The old type you had road tax in the window + Insurance in the window, but now it is all on the one so you must have Insurance to cover the full year of the road tax or they will not issue the road tax.

Hmmm... :)

Maybe I should've been clearer.

My new road tax is from Jan 18, 2010 to Jan 18 2011

My new CTPL is from Feb 5, 2010 to Feb 5, 2011; my old CTPL expires Feb 5, 2010

Therefore, the new CTPL starts on the very day that the old CTPL expires, so I am always covered by CTPL. However, the dates on the CTPL and Road Tax documents will not be exactly the same.

Any experiences with this? :D

Edited by junkofdavid2

Therefore, the new CTPL expires even after my new road tax will expire, but it starts later than that. However, my old CTPL also expires on Feb. 5. I'll be covered on each and every day, but the dates on the documents will not be the same.

All I know 3 years ago when they changed to the all in one window sticker........ my CTPL and Insurance was July, but the road tax was October when I went to get the road tax it was refused as the CTPL did not cover July - October.. A Thai friend came with me, in the end I had to pay the CTPL again [still 9 months left] to get the road tax. At least yours is only 3 weeks difference, so paying 3 weeks early you lose nothing really

Therefore, the new CTPL starts on the very day that the old CTPL expires, so I am always covered by CTPL. However, the dates on the CTPL and Road Tax documents will not be exactly the same.

Seems to me you have the prefect scenario.

Your Tax will finish on Jan 18 2011 and you will have renewed your CTPL on 5th Jan 2011 - 13 days before.

Therefore you will be able to go along to the registration dept. on the correct date with your new CTPL and buy the Tax :D

Actually, I would lose more it seems...

Because my road tax is due before the new CTPL starts (but still in the duration of the old CTPL).

If they force me to buy another CTPL, then I'll have 2 overlapping CTPLs for a full year. :)

As it is less than 1 month, I would ask the Insurance Company your using to supply you with the new CTPL before the 18th Jan 2011 to start on 5th Feb 2011 to 2012, this they will do + you have the old almost used CTPL + the new one till after the end of the new road tax.

Your Tax will finish on Jan 18 2011 and you will have renewed your CTPL on 5th Jan 2011 - 13 days before.

Nope, CTPL will have renewed on Feb 5, not Jan 5; or 18 days after road tax renewal date.

Anyway, I gave the documents to the guy on our soi who does the "service" for me (and who has done this service ever since, for all the Thais who live in the soi) and he said it's "no problem". So let's just see tomorrow evening how it goes. If not, I can always go to Axa and have the date changed, and then go back to the "service" guy.

Edited by junkofdavid2

Actually, I would lose more it seems...

Because my road tax is due before the new CTPL starts (but still in the duration of the old CTPL).

If they force me to buy another CTPL, then I'll have 2 overlapping CTPLs for a full year. :)

As it is less than 1 month, I would ask the Insurance Company your using to supply you with the new CTPL before the 18th Jan 2011 to start on 5th Feb 2011 to 2012, this they will do + you have the old almost used CTPL + the new one till after the end of the new road tax.

Yup, this seems to already be exactly the case. Let's see how it goes...

You cannot buy the road tax without a years CTPL at the very least.. but you can pay your insurance Company and get both types of cover before you get the road tax, or at the very least get your CTPL cover before..

The old type you had road tax in the window + Insurance in the window, but now it is all on the one so you must have Insurance to cover the full year of the road tax or they will not issue the road tax.

I renewed my road tax last year at the local post office and had only 4 weeks left on the CTPL, the post office photocopied the CTPL and reminded me it was due in 4 weeks, received the new road tax back by sms in 10 days, No problem

Nope, CTPL will have renewed on Feb 5, not Jan 5; or 18 days after road tax renewal date.

Anyway, I gave the documents to the guy on our soi who does the "service" for me (and who has done this service ever since, for all the Thais who live in the soi) and he said it's "no problem". So let's just see tomorrow evening how it goes. If not, I can always go to Axa and have the date changed, and then go back to the "service" guy.

Ah sorry - in that case where is the problem ? You have valid CTPL insurance from the previous 'year' so when you ask for your new Tax you show them the 2009 to 2010 cover wich expires on Feb 5th. i.e. your CTPL is valid for the purpose of renewing the Tax.

Ah sorry - in that case where is the problem ? You have valid CTPL insurance from the previous 'year' so when you ask for your new Tax you show them the 2009 to 2010 cover wich expires on Feb 5th. i.e. your CTPL is valid for the purpose of renewing the Tax.

Problem is that bureaucrats sometimes want all document dates to "match" in order to "simplify" their lives. :)

So I was wonderin if anyone had experienced this similar situation before.

Problem is that bureaucrats sometimes want all document dates to "match" in order to "simplify" their lives. :)

So I was wonderin if anyone had experienced this similar situation before.

Not necessary to have same dates, I think you are worrying too much

Got my road tax stuff done, no problem with the date or anything else for that matter.

But maybe the wheels of the process were "well oiled" from the beginning, because as I said, I had a "service" provider do the whole process for me.

Edited by junkofdavid2