Importing And Registering An Aircraft In Thailand

BillR

what ive been reading is scary on the topic. Flying it here is no problem, but the regs ive come accross state you have to have a thai person sign as the operator, among other things, which makes he/she the owner of the aircraft. Also, it seems to keep and fly an aircraft here it must be registered in thailand.If anyone can point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it. Its for non-commercial (personal) use and will be flying in from usa.

Everything you have said is exactly as I understand it as well. However, I believe as an American you can open a Thai company over here under the amity treaty. You can own 100% of the stock in this case. You can't own land with this vehicle obviously, however, I do believe it will be qualified to own and register the aircraft. There is a small tax penalty for this, but it isn't much.

Otherwise, you can only keep it here temporarily, and you'll need a letter of invitation. The Thai Flying Club can help you out with that. They can probably answer all of your questions better than anyone on TV can anyway.

http://www.thaiflyingclub.com

I've been meaning to look into this for a long time. Haven't flown since I moved here because I don't have the funds, but keep hoping that as soon as I get spare cash I will be able to start again.