Credit Card Update

I have WP and a good salary here so I wanted to apply for Credit Card - I contacted Bangkok Bank, provided all documents as requested by them and after 5 weeks they say the need "security" deposit for several months and said it's standard rule for foreigners. I'm a bit pissed off because they didn't mention this before I apply and to tell me this took them 5 weeks ... so before I chose another bank I would like to know which one is the most "foreigner friendly". Any experience wellcome.

Personally I was considering Citi Bank ... have anybody recently applied?

Try an international bank/card company instead. I got local cards approved through Citibank, Amex, and StanChart without any hassles or security deposits. Amex were the quickest with approval. The credit limits approved were 2x monthly salary.

I have no work permit and was told the same about a security deposit at Bangkok Bank.

I applied for American Express and had a Platinum Card in about 7 days ... including partner card.

American Express charges a yearly fee, but the credit limit is huge and their customer service is excellent.

Fred.