Looking For A Good Deep Tissue Massage

tuffy

I thought deep tissue and reflexology were two different types of massage.

You're not going to find any joy on the deep tissue massage at any of the standard massage places around town. I've come across a few girls who could get into the muscle fairly good on some body parts, but nothing I would call professional or deep tissue. I don't appreciate Thai massage at all and find it quite useless.

There's a place called Rasayana on Pattaya Nua at the Fairtex Complex (roadside) that has what they call "sports massage". I haven't been game to try it out yet because it costs 1,600 baht per hour. They have quite a few types of massage in that price range. $50 for a good massage is still good value by Western standards, but I've been in Thailand too long.

If you want to try it out, please report back here.

Not sure what you mean by a deep tissue massage, but if it's an intense massage that hits the pressure points around the body, then try the TBMI massage at the Jomtien Complex.

Although most of the staff are blind or partially blind they do have an educated knowledge of Trad Thai massage, also when you go there you can request a soft , medium or hard massage and the receptionist will select the appropriate person.

If it's an intense massage your after then go and ask for a hard massage, but it's not for the faint hearted.

Not sure what you mean by a deep tissue massage, but if it's an intense massage that hits the pressure points around the body, then try the TBMI massage at the Jomtien Complex.

Although most of the staff are blind or partially blind they do have an educated knowledge of Trad Thai massage, also when you go there you can request a soft , medium or hard massage and the receptionist will select the appropriate person.

If it's an intense massage your after then go and ask for a hard massage, but it's not for the faint hearted.

Deep tissue massage is generally used by sports people who have tight muscles and require deep tissue friction. Pressure point massage is just a gimmick and Thai massage is pretty useless for sports injuries or muscle tightness.

You won't get a deep tissue massage from TBMI in Jomtien.

IMO and from my experience this whole blind massage thing is a total gimmick. I've never found blind massage therapists to be any better (and usually worse) than the sighted variety. The whole idea is that we spend our money on blind people because it's a nice thing to do, like a charity.

Deep tissue massage is generally used by sports people who have tight muscles and require deep tissue friction. Pressure point massage is just a gimmick and Thai massage is pretty useless for sports injuries or muscle tightness.

You won't get a deep tissue massage from TBMI in Jomtien.

IMO and from my experience this whole blind massage thing is a total gimmick. I've never found blind massage therapists to be any better (and usually worse) than the sighted variety. The whole idea is that we spend our money on blind people because it's a nice thing to do, like a charity.

I went to Health Land, on North Pattaya Road, a few weeks ago. Man, that was deep tissue. It was fantastic. I am not much of a massage person, as they usually are pretty lousy. But this one was great. I was pretty impressed.

How did they describe the massage? The typical places here offer Thai and oil. What was the cost per hour?

Actually I would like a quality Swedish massage rather than deep tissue. I don't enjoy Thai massage any longer (I find some of the movements disturbing such as the quick head snap and the thigh artery pressure push). The low end places for "oil" massage will leave you feeling like a well dressed salad and/or relieved in that special Pattaya kind of way. When "oil" massage is done properly here, what kind of massage is that supposed to be, naming it by the grease used isn't very informative.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2216094_differenti...eep-tissue.html

Edited by Jingthing

I got the massage free...a friend had a coupon that was expiring. So, lucky us! It was a couples massage. I am pretty sure it was about 800b each. It was not a Thai massage. I hate those. It was with oil and aromatherapy. I read your link. Seemed to be a combo of Swedish and deep tissue. I have done many massages around Thailand...most leave me just like you said...just oiled up. Not worth the bother IMHO. And after being in a hospital with a guy who had his rib dislocated during a Thai massage, I will NEVER do that. Plus, from time to time, that head snapping end with disastrous results.

I was very happy with the massage and left feeling wonderful. Definitely on of the best I have ever had. The clientèle seemed to be pretty high end also. Lots of BMWs and Mercedes parked in the lot...not that it means anything....

I went to Health Land, on North Pattaya Road, a few weeks ago. Man, that was deep tissue. It was fantastic. I am not much of a massage person, as they usually are pretty lousy. But this one was great. I was pretty impressed.

That is the problem with Healthland and everywhere else in LOS i have been for massage, it is really hit or miss if you get a good one and I have gotten sick of getting bad ones. When I have had a good one they are really relaxing and make me feel much better.

All massage in Pattaya is hit or miss IMHO.

I never take Thai massage as I also don't like the sudden jerky movements.

Most of the oil massages are fairly average that i have had but every now and again you can get a real good one.

For the price it is still pretty good value.

If you really have some sort of condition that needs treatment you probably need a chiro or physio if they are available in Pattaya.