Iphone Apps Males In Thailand Should Get

Sabum

Thailand being the way it is I felt these apps might help my fellow man.

Jailbroken iPhones only: (just to remind mods that jailbreaking the iphone is not against the law)

BLACKLIST, what this fine app does is hide whatever numbers you set it too from showing up as calling you or mms or sms. So if you have a friend that you want to keep on the downlow you use blacklist to hide them, everytime they call or sms it will not show up in your call log or in your sms conversations, to access them you have to open Blacklist and punch in a password to see the calls and sms from the people you Blacklisted. In other words no snoops will find dangerous sms or call history. And snoops wont notice that anything is different since they can access your call log and sms and find only innocent information. Available on Cydia.

ADVLOCK, this app will allow you to put a password on any and every app on your phone, including the main apps the phone comes with (lock phone functions, sms, camera etc..), available on Cydia. Great for locking out snoops completely except for when that special someone demands to see your call log and you are forced to unlock it for her being the spineless jelly fish that you are.....

iTunes apps:

VIDEO SAFE, this app allows you to transfer videos and pics from your pc to a locked app that requires a password to view certain pics and videos you place inside on your iphone... I discovered this one just a little too late....

iBlacklist - One of the other advantages of this APP is that it also allows you to configure 'whitelists' - i.e. of list of contacts that can only reach you at any given point. Others are sent to voicemail.

Hide-a-caller - rather than blacklist your special friend, you simply rename her something innocuous like 'Steve' in your contacts. Problem is that you cant actually remember who it is after a while. This App provides you with a password protected database of your 'friends' and pseudonyms.

Longtitude. Probably not recommended but ideal for the paranoid BF. Install it on your GF's iphone and it runs Google Lattitude in the background. So you can tell exactly where the iphone is in the world at any given moment.

Fake Caller Pro. Have anyone call you anytime anywhere. Excellent for escaping from ill-advised dates. Alternatively I guess you could use it to impress a girl on a date - I mean you could get PM Abhisit to phone you pick up the phone and say 'look mate cant talk to you now I am on a date.... and dont call me again after 6pm....' hmmm.... actually.... might work better with Britney Spears.

iSpoof (caller id faker). Theoretically this allows you to choose the number that appears on the phone of the person who receives the call. So perhaps you have told your dearly beloved that you have gone to HK on business, you are supposed to be able to phone while still in Thailand and she will see a HK number. I have only been able to get this to work whereby it shows no number in Thailand. Oh and you can also record calls and have the App disguise your voice.

Fake crasher. Tired of your GF checking your phone? With fake crasher if anyone touches it, it has various different modes of implying that they have wrecked the phone.

A comment on jailbreaking. Apple considers it illegal under the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) as a violation of their copyright however the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) has petitioned the CO (Copyright office) for an exemption to allow it which was put in place in February last year but consideration was up in October but extended. It appears though Apple is not asking for it to be ruled illegal but not that it be specifically ruled legal. :)

Second is that it is specifically written in their (Apple's) EULA that it is disallowed and as such could void warranty on the phone, and if using a service provider supplied phone, void the contract with them. One of Apple's reasoning is that it opens the phone up to illegal activity, specifically piracy.

At the moment it is still a gray area and I would prefer not to discuss where, how to and links to jailbreaking iPhones/iPods methods/techniques. This topic is within these guidelines and as such is allowed as long as it doesn't step into a piracy discussion. Also, please do not start a debate on this subject (copyright) in this topic to take it off track of the original OP.

Thanks.

iBlacklist is really the jack of all trades. Annoying people - poof. Secret lovers - hidden. Whitelists. And schedules when to activate/deactivate lists. It also hides that annoying call forwarding popup - only way I have found to do that so far.

Lots of cool other apps above, thanks for the tip - Abrak this selection would appear to turn your phone into a kind of James Bond device. Or maybe just a would-be Casanova special :)

VIDEO SAFE - was looking for that, will check out.

• 5 weeks later...

TOO LATE FOR WOBBLE iBOOBS

iPhone developer ChilliFresh posted (via TechCrunch) that they received an email from Apple tonight indicating that their iPhone app Wobble iBoobs had been pulled from the App Store. The email revealed that Apple was now removing overtly sexual content due to customer complaints:

The App Store continues to evolve, and as such, we are constantly refining our guidelines. Your application, Wobble iBoobs (Premium Uncensored), contains content that we had originally believed to be suitable for distribution. However, we have recently received numerous complaints from our customers about this type of content, and have changed our guidelines appropriately.

We have decided to remove any overtly sexual content from the App Store, which includes your application.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. If you believe you can make the necessary changes so that Wobble iBoobs (Premium Uncensored) complies with our recent changes, we encourage you to do so and resubmit for review.

Sincerely,

iPhone App Review

A search of other similarly adult themed apps on AppShopper shows that many (but not all) have already been removed from the App Store.

ChilliFresh's app had been well known and generated over $260,000 in its App Store lifetime. The developer points out that his app actually ships with no images and simply uses user supplied images. Meanwhile, at least one other developer seems to have accidentally gotten caught in the crossfire with his Invisible Girl book being removed despite the developer's insistence that the ebook contains no sexual references. Of note, Playboy's official app remains on the App Store at this time.