5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

Hi guys,

just saw this thread. I am really interested in coming along. I really miss playing!!

I can join most weeks but occasionally i have to travel to Surin for work. I will give notice though.

Are you still looking for players? I appreciate that you won't be playing until the protests end but i would love to come along and join you all. Not too bad an outfield player but a better goal keeper!

Thanks guys. Hope to hear from somebody soon.

You're very welcome to join mate!

Send me a PM with your real name and email address and I'll add you to the contact list. Plus be sure to subscribe to this topic and you'll get updates here too.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, unless there's a drastic change in the atmosphere tomorrow morning, footy at Sthorn will not be happening!

I was down there earlier this evening and the whole of Sathorn from Rama 4 down to Naradhiwas is closed to traffic and there's much evidence of rioting and vandalism. I also heard fireworks and/or grenade explosions and gunshots coming from around Suan Plu, and the few people in the vicinity of the footy place (and Fraser Suites next door) was taking cover and avoiding crossing the road.

Too dark (and risky) to take many photos, but the street lights were off so the whole of Sathorn is dark and many of the 'traffic police booths' have been smashed in and vandalised.

Here's some pics of a bronze statue that used to be on a pedestal at the u-turn/junction opposite Sathorn 6 and the Metro Sathorn apartment building. It had been ripped off it's pedestal (quite a feat considering it looks like it'd be f*ckin heavy - 5ft high and made of metal) and put in the middle of the road and set on fire.:

gallery_76845_1289_13621.jpg

gallery_76845_1289_46975.jpg

gallery_76845_1289_2529.jpg

Hi Adam.....Im still in the UK on an extended holiday with the mrs's but will be back next weds. I hope there will still be a pitch remaining once it's calmed down!, as I'm missing a wheeze-a-thon.

Be careful out there around Sathorn mate!

Cheers,

Steve

Confirmation: NO FOOTY AT SATHORN TODAY!!!

Hopefully back on next Sunday.

I'll post on here if any reason it won't happen next Sunday.

Hope everyone's good. See u all next week hopefully.

A.

Indeed, Sathorn is looking very doubtful for tomorrow! :)

As usual, I'm up for playing, but then anything that's gonna take an hour's ride in a taxi I simply can't afford.

The Thong Lor one sounds easiest to me.

There's also the one kelvin has mentioned before - SoccerPro in South Sathorn - which I think is preferred for me.

Links:

Map (bit confusing tho).

http://www.soccerprobkk.com/contact_en/map04.html

General: http://www.soccerprobkk.com/

What about that one?

Ok, called Sponsor Park manager - Sathorn one is definitely closed till next week!

So, I reckon Thong Lor one it is then - thanks for that recommend Angus!

5pm - 6pm?

-1500 baht total for 1 hour

-Astro turf pitch, so you'll do better if you've at least got *some* tread on the bottom of your shoes (indoor futsal shoes would probably be a bit slippy)

Their website map here:

http://www.arena10.com/arenacontact.php

and google map here:

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=18

Will probably need to call round some people by phone as clearly not very many are checking this thread much these days!

Can someone help me with that please? (phone numbers in previous update emails)

List up for it so far:

-Damaja (adam)

-Angus

-Groovetank (J)

-BBBB

-Jonny F

-Roser87 (Rob)

-BKKStevie (?)

...?

guys i have already called and book a 5 a side pitch from 5-7pm. We just need 10 players, which comes to 300 THB per person but hack, consider it as making up for missing last week :)

I'm trying to get Sam and we should definitely check with the regular players like Simon, Tamo, Chris etc.

See you guys there today at 5pm