5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

<deleted>!

Chased up some of the other players and most *not* here this week:

Angus (in Pattaya for his pub opening),

Rob (away at Samet),

Bob,

Adam R.,

Dave F.,

Lewis (+away for next week),

Ken (+away for next week),

Sam -no tel. no. & no email reply yet.

Chris A. -no reply yet.

Vik -no reply yet.

Emanuel -no reply yet.

Chris B. -no reply yet (& may still be injured)

Mike -v. likely still injured

Yikes! It's a freaky week for people being away when we need more players than usual!

I count only 8 so far unsure.gif

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I've been through the whole list (text messages) and no-one else is saying they are coming!

Only ones I've still no info either way from are Vik and Sam.

Looking likely that we'll have to cancel completely this weekend unless anyone can get together at least another 3 players.

Sam is a 'maybe'

as is Emanuel.

I didn't realise this was a long holiday weekend with Monday & Tuesday as public holidays, so I suppose that explains the exodus.

I'll give it till 5pm today.

If no more confirmations I'll have to cancel.

Alright, sorry guys but gotta cancel.

Only 7 firm confirmations and 2 "maybes".

So, no footy this week. :(

Can all who are in for next week please post here asap.

I asked Superkick when I called to cancel and they only have a 7pm slot available next Sunday.

I'll try again to see if there's been any cancellations for an earlier slot in a few days,

but if 7pm - 9pm would be alright for you please say.

Gutted! Was really looking forward to playing. Got new keepers gloves and boots :(

Definitely there (wherever) next week, barring any catastrophes in the meantime!

Have a good Sunday.....

Hi All,

I have found a new place for 5/6 a-side. I believe it is only 500Baht for an hour but i will check. I think it's astro-turf but again, need to check.

The downside is that it is located behind Seacon Square shopping mall, on Sri Nagarindra road, opposite the entrance to Rama 9 park.

Do you think this is too far for people to travel. It will be about 15-20 mins on a motorbike taxi from On-nut BTS.

Before i go to check it out, let me know if you think it's worth it.

Cheers guys. Have a great week.

Hi All,

I have found a new place for 5/6 a-side. I believe it is only 500Baht for an hour but i will check. I think it's astro-turf but again, need to check.

The downside is that it is located behind Seacon Square shopping mall, on Sri Nagarindra road, opposite the entrance to Rama 9 park.

Do you think this is too far for people to travel. It will be about 15-20 mins on a motorbike taxi from On-nut BTS.

Do you know the name or if there a website for the place?

Hi All,

Do you know the name or if there a website for the place?

There's one sign out the front and it's all Thai. there is a phone number. I was going to ask the Mrs to call them

and find out some more info. Will let you know what i find out.

No website that i could see the address of.

Edited by SICA

While everybody is throwing suggestions around...There is actually a place just near Pharam 9 Hospital - About 10-15 minutes walk from Rama 9 MRT.

It is a bit run down as far as facilities goes and really looks pretty shabby - The upside is it is 400 Baht per hour (starting price)

It is about the same size as Arena 10 - But like i said pretty shabby.... But very cheap!

Also... has anyone been to or heard about the Japan Youth Centre...or something like that... I have heard that the facilities there are awesome... and very cheap... I cannot find to much info about it online... around Dindang i think.. Not even sure if there are pitches there but Bangkok Untited or some team like that trains there so i assume there are some.....

Trying to cancel my Sunday evening call with US... I think my internet is due to go down that night ;-) So hopefully i will be able to make it for a late game.

Cheers

Rama 9 hospital looks fairly near to the MRT on Google maps and it's 1 stop nearer than Super-kick, so I guess worth knowing about.

Can u see the place on the Google maps view? Does it at least have a roof & lights?

I called Super-Kick today to see if there was any cancellations...

Good news is that there's now an earlier slot available.

Bad news is it's 2pm - 4pm, so quite a hot time of the day...

...but then again, it's not 'too' hot at the moment and esp. if it rains...?

Other bad news is, the last time I called the guy made a mistake and the evening slot available isn't 2hrs (7-9pm) but only one: 7-8pm.

I've booked the 7-8pm slot anyway as a fall-back,

but I now need to know if people would prefer/not the 2pm-4pm slot?

Or if they are flexible on Sunday?

Personally, I'm flexible and would be ok playing at 2-4pm.

I guess it would be a problem for you groovetank, would it?

Edited by damaja

I am free all day Sunday so anytime is fine for me.

However, i have my reservations about playing somewhere in shabby condition, just leads to injuries and a poor game :(

Personally i would rather pay more and play somewhere with decent facilities. My missus will call the place behind Seacon Square, opposite Rama 9 park

tomorrow and i will let you know what happens.

Keep me posted on what's going on and i'll do the same.

Take it easy guys and see you at the weekend

This is the place located opposite the entrance to Rama 9 Park - www.slpsports.com - IT'S A BARGAIN!

550B per or 500B per hour for memebrs. Free to join, just need a passport and must be done beofre August 15th.

They have a slot available on 'Holland Grass' (Whatever that means?) from 4-6pm on Sunday. Or on 'Thai Grass'

for all day.

The telephone number is 082-081-5995 and speak to Khun Noo.

Let me know if you need anymore info

Edited by SICA

By the way, it's brand new, open just three months. It looks spanking clean

and apparently there are staff there who speak English.

It's open until midnight 7 days a week and my missus said the lady owner she spoke to

was really nice and really wants us to go there!

There are three types of grass; futsal astro-turf, Holland grass and Thai Grass, if that means anything

to anybody??

Let me know if you want any more info.

Wow, maybe it's the place groovetank mentioned but it's just been renovated. It must be pretty new - the website visitor counter is only at 152!

Well, it's certainly interesting at those prices and seeing as it looks brand spanking new and they seem to have plenty of availability.

Their website puts the price at 1000 baht though, so I wonder if the 500 baht rate is for a *covered*, full 5-a-side (what size?), artificial grass pitch; or for a lesser pitch?

There's a page in Thai on the website that seems to give info about the different 'turf'/grass and refers to a 22m x 42m size, but it's not translating well via google so no more enlightening than the info you've got so far:

http://www.slpsports.com/services/footsoll/

Still, even at 1000 baht, it's the cheapest around town for sure!

Haven't quite worked out how easy/difficult it would be to find or get to yet though (map is in thai). Any idea/comments?

I'm definitely up for trying it out if it's not more difficult to get to than Superkick.

Who else?

Shall I cancel Superkick (7-8pm or 2-4pm) and we try for this place instead at our usual 4-6pm slot?

Hi Adam,

the location is really good. For those coming on the BTS, go to On Nut and take a motorbike taxi to Rama 9 park. Maximum 20 minutes, 80 baht.

As you approach the entrance to the park, look right and it is about 50 meters down on the right. You cant miss it as the building is brand new and bright orange! For those driving, go to the top of Sukhumvit soi 77 (Soi On Nut), turn right on to Sri Nagarindra Road, drive past the Dusit Princess Hotel , past Seacon Square and when you reach Paradise Park, turn left.

The road leading to Rama 9 park is off Sri Nagarindra Road, behind the brand new shopping centre called Paradise Park (located almost next door to Seacon Square).

There is a road running down either side of the shopping centre, these both lead to the park entrance - Soi's 55 and 57.

My missus couldn't be any clearer on the cost v pitch etc but i would imagine there is probably a special offer at the moment. If we use this

place regularly we might be able to secure a cheap rate for good, if we guarantee a weekly booking? Who knows?

I have just asked one of the girls in my office to read through the site. She explained that before 6pm, the cost is 700B per hour, 1,000B after 6pm. I am sure that we can organise a

special deal with them. The price is currently the same for Thai artificial or European artificial grass.

Edited by SICA

Oh! I've just been working out the location on google maps and now I have a better idea why it's cheaper... it's quite a way out.

I was thinking it'd be near to Rama 9 hospital, so nearish to Superkick and MRT.

It's a good 15-20 mins taxi ride from On Nut. If I've got the right place:

http://bit.ly/aU4a5U

That's quite a long journey for some people I think :(

Well, for me it'd be a bout an hour I reckon (from Chidlom).

Edited by damaja

Ok guys, double good news this week (in contrast to last week):

- There was a cancellation at Superkick and I got to book the 4-6pm slot! cool.gif

- We have a new (possibly regular) player as I have a Thai friend coming tomorrow

So, let's have it then! Who can confirm they can make it tomorrow?

at: Super-kick,

Soi Ladprao 80, Ladprao Road, Bangkapi 10240.

Tel: 02 932 7217

Google maps link with directions from Thailand Cultural Centre MRT: http://bit.ly/cmePgg

When: Sunday 1st August

Time: 4pm - 6pm

Pitch: B

Cost: 1500 bht /hr (200 - 300 bht each)

:header:

hi Adam, I'll be there this week. Sorry been away all this while and injuries. If you are short of players, let me know early I could bring a couple or more every week.

See you tomorrow

Vic

Great that you're coming tomorrow Vic.

If you can bring others with you then please do - take it as read, any week, as we will always have a better situation with more players than less (at least for the forseeable future).

Even moreso when we play at the Super-kick place as the pitch is quite large.

I'm 50/50 depending on how works looking, will also only be playing in goal.

Actually, I'd almost forgotten that, as the winner of our World Cup Fantasy League, you get 3 free sessions mate!

So, even more reason to come tomorrow :)

(Oh, and also, as the dead last player, SICA is due to spend an hour in goal one of these weeks - u get that SICA? ;)