5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, it's come to that critical time... yay or nay?

7 confirmed, 2 possibles and 1 possibly-not:

-Damaja

-AngusTan

-Richard_Smith237

-Vid1

-Beejoir

-Marui

-Lewis

-KCM (possibly)

-Steppenwolf108 (possibly)

-FlaxxChris (possibly not -flight lands 3pm)

?

Ah! Frenz is now in (by email)...

so:

8 confirmed, 2 possibles and 1 possibly-not:

-Damaja

-AngusTan

-Richard_Smith237

-Vid1

-Beejoir

-Marui

-Lewis

-Frenz

-KCM (possibly)

-Steppenwolf108 (possibly)

-FlaxxChris (possibly not -flight lands 3pm)

?

I say we get there and cross fingers we can pick up other players there or play against another team, ok?

Hi all,

Sorry been off the forum for a few days - have a nasty bit of cold/flu and busy otherwise.

Cheers Matt for responses and welcome to Marui, as we are definitely in need of some more players at the moment!

Not sure if I'll be able to play tomorrow as still got cold/flu, but the booking still stands as usual:

When: Sunday 17th October

Time: ** 4pm - 6pm **

at: Arsenal Soccer School,

17/1 Soi Pridi Banomyong 21, Sukhumvit 71 Rd., Phrakhanong, Bangkok 10110

Telephone: 02-711-1221

Google maps link with directions from Prakhanong BTS: http://bit.ly/bqhnTR

Cost: 1500 bht /hr (200 - 300 bht each)

I feel bad about not coming when we've been struggling with low turnouts last few weeks, so I'll make every effort to get better enough by tomorrow to come.

If I'm not able to though, naturally one of our regular stalwarts, Angus/Chris/Matt, can take care of booking payment etc.

As always, it'd be good if you get a chance to post a reply here on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

Cheers, & maybe see u tomorrow.

:header:

Glad i found this thread, me and a few friends have been looking for a regular game for a few months, so we are definately interested! Hopefully see you all on sunday. It'll be me, and possibly 3 others!

Nice meeting u guys just now n have an enjoyable run.

HAve not play for the past 3 months n really happy with the run.

See u guys again next week

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Marui, well played.

Look forward to seein you again next week.

Glad i found this thread, me and a few friends have been looking for a regular game for a few months, so we are definately interested! Hopefully see you all on sunday. It'll be me, and possibly 3 others!

Excellent! Couldn't have come along at a better time mate!

Can you PM me your email address (and ur friends' too if they are coming) along with your real name(s), so I can add you to the email confirmation/update list pls?

Another 3 players would sort us right out!

You'll be very welcome ScouseTommy! :)

Sod's law, everyone that was playing regularly a few months back will all come back at once and we'll have 20+ turn up :lol:

But can never have too many - there's always a 2nd pitch free atm, if it came to it.

Ok, here's your gentle reminder and confirmation for this week's footy 'bonanza' - you know you can't do without it! ;)

Same place, same time, but it seems we'll have some more NEW BLOOD tomorrow! Welcome to 'Scouse Tommy'et al, and looking forward to also welcoming again Marui, Jack, Adam [v.3], and Steppenwolf108(?).

Also, we may see the welcome return of our Wild-West-wandering bushwhacker Groovetank?

And any more?

So, by all accounts, we should have quite a lively session! :

When: Sunday 24th October

As always, it'd be good if you get a chance to post a reply here on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

Cheers, & see u tomorrow.

A.

Ok, here's your gentle reminder and confirmation for this week's footy 'bonanza' - you know you can't do without it! ;)

Same place, same time, but it seems we'll have some more NEW BLOOD tomorrow! Welcome to 'Scouse Tommy'et al, and looking forward to also welcoming again Marui, Jack, Adam [v.3], and Steppenwolf108(?).

Also, we may see the welcome return of our Wild-West-wandering bushwhacker Groovetank?

And any more?

So, by all accounts, we should have quite a lively session! :

When: Sunday 24th October

A.

Indeed! All set for a repeat of last week's excellent session tomorrow, all hallow's eve...

Last week was pretty much an ideal turnout, with the 18 splitting perfectly into 3 teams of 6, providing us all the opportunity to play plenty while keeping the tempo and competitive energy high for the full 2 hours.

Hopefully this week will see a repeat of the high turnout - only a couple of guys that came last week said they won't be able to come this week too. And in fact, with a good handful or other frequent players returning, we may even have the rare challenge of having to cater for 18+, which we'll have to figure out if it comes to it. If we do get 18+ players, I reckon we'll either make up 4 teams and possibly play an extra hour; or if we get 24+, we could take another pitch and play 2 games simultaneously.

As mentioned by both Chris A. & B. (sounds like Dr. Seuss!?), it would be good if everyone could bring several shirts with them of different colours, which will help with options for teams and will help you avoid wearing the often smelly bibs that are provided. Though I'm not sure if either Chrises also have particular ideas in mind about a fail-safe arbitrary system for team selection - a shirt-swapping lucky dip?!

When: Sunday 31st October

A.

Alreet, who's up for it tomorrow then?

Last week wasn't quite the bumper turnout I'd anticipated, but with 12 we had enough. This was then bolstered with another 6 when a group of African players asked if they could join us as they didn't have enough to play themselves. So, with a total of 18 we had the 3 teams of 6 in rotation again, and enjoyed another competitive and fast-paced 2 hour session. The African players were good and played hard (and quite fairly it must be said), but our lads matched them well with good teamwork and passing, so we saw some good games by all 3 teams.

After our 2 hours was up it seemed quite a lot of the guys still had their blood up and wanted more! Fitness must be improving! Either that, or we are just getting more 'mad-for-it' football-crazy lunatics. So, 10 of us re-grouped on another pitch and played another hour. We didn't all quite make the hour mark, with Angus ending up looking severely strained and nursing an injury in his gut (hernia?), and Josh limping off 5 mins from time. But, everyone looked well satiated by the time we finished. After-effects were probably felt for several days by most though (myself included).

I know quite a few people are away for this week, so I'm hoping some recent absentees will be returning tomorrow to make up the numbers...?

When: Sunday 7th November

As always, it'd be smashing if you get a chance to post a reply here on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

A.

Apologies for not posting here for sometime, I've been working away for a few months and now back in UK for a holiday. Hopefully should be back late this month although I need a scan on my left knee once I'm back so I probably wont be able to play till it's sorted.....not happy.

Good effort from you lot to keep it all going, nearly up to 1 year now I think. Looking forward to playing soon.

Steve

I am in

Alreet, who's up for it tomorrow then?

Last week wasn't quite the bumper turnout I'd anticipated, but with 12 we had enough. This was then bolstered with another 6 when a group of African players asked if they could join us as they didn't have enough to play themselves. So, with a total of 18 we had the 3 teams of 6 in rotation again, and enjoyed another competitive and fast-paced 2 hour session. The African players were good and played hard (and quite fairly it must be said), but our lads matched them well with good teamwork and passing, so we saw some good games by all 3 teams.

After our 2 hours was up it seemed quite a lot of the guys still had their blood up and wanted more! Fitness must be improving! Either that, or we are just getting more 'mad-for-it' football-crazy lunatics. So, 10 of us re-grouped on another pitch and played another hour. We didn't all quite make the hour mark, with Angus ending up looking severely strained and nursing an injury in his gut (hernia?), and Josh limping off 5 mins from time. But, everyone looked well satiated by the time we finished. After-effects were probably felt for several days by most though (myself included).

I know quite a few people are away for this week, so I'm hoping some recent absentees will be returning tomorrow to make up the numbers...?

When: Sunday 7th November

As always, it'd be smashing if you get a chance to post a reply here on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

A.