5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I would love to take part in this but I doubt I am anywhere near fit enough to take part :redcard2: can I check back in about 3 months when I will be very happy to take part in a kick about? :header:

Thanks

PomPui

Believe me you/re fit enough!

Alreet, here's the last minute reminder/confirmation/prompt for footy tomorrow:

Last Sunday was very nearly a wash-out, with a very disappointing turn-out of only 8 players at kick-off time (rising to 9 half an hour later with 1 late arrival)!

Initial attempts to pull in any 'loiterers' that might want to play proved fruitless. It was only due to some fortuitous quick thinking and a bit of negotiation that we managed to get a game going, after asking a group of Japanese players on the next pitch (who also looked like they were a bit short of players with 9 also), if we could join up with them and play a game against each other.

There was clearly a bit of intrepidation from some of our lot at the prospect of probably being thrashed, by what looked like a pretty skilful and well-organised team - after watching the Japs doing their pretty serious-looking and skilful drills as they warmed up for 20 mins. Even a couple of our guys (no names necessary ;) started edging off the pitch and voicing a 'preference' to just leave the Japanese guys to it and try to play only amongst ourselves (which I can guarantee 100% would have been crap on that pitch with only 4 vs. 4). BUT, after a bit of ribbing and all-round 'encouragement' - as, let's face it, we had nothing to lose - we got started and actually made a pretty good game of it I reckon.

For the first half hour we held a bloody good defensive 'line' against some very tidy passing and quick play from the Japanese side. When we had a half-time break, I think pretty much all of us felt pretty surprised and chuffed on the whole at how well we were playing and though behind by a few goals, we'd given a pretty good account of ourselves. The 2nd 'half', the tiredness started to catch up a bit, but credit to all for giving 100% still and we ended the game having threatened quite well and deservedly had the respect of the other team as we shook their hands to thank them for what had turned out to be a pretty competitive but very fair and friendly game.

I couldn't remember what the final score was, but at a guess it was maybe something like 15-10 to the Japanese. But, considering how much more skilful they looked initially, and how well they were able to play, that's a pretty respectable score. I think it wouldn't be too cheeky to treat that as boiling down to a 3-2 game in standard matchplay, which would certainly be a pretty respectable result. Plus, a few of the Japanese guys said afterwards that they'd enjoyed the game and it would be good to do it again. I, for one, agree.

After my thighs and calves have dissolved back from their rock-like state to something more like normal flexibility, that is! ;)

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers that we'll not have a repeat of that crap initial turn-out of only 8 players tomorrow... ?! ermm.gif

See you down there? biggrin.gif

When: Sunday 10th October Time: ** 4pm - 6pm ** at: Arsenal Soccer School,

17/1 Soi Pridi Banomyong 21, Sukhumvit 71 Rd., Phrakhanong, Bangkok 10110

Telephone: 02-711-1221

Google maps link with directions from Prakhanong BTS: http://bit.ly/bqhnTR

Cost: 1500 bht /hr (200 - 300 bht each)

Hope to see many of you there tomorrow,

If you get a chance please post reply on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

http://www.thaivisa...._gopid__3861292

-damaja.

:header:

Edited by damaja

When will be the next game?

Can i join in?

Tks & Regards

The more the better.... damaja (Adam) usually takes care of the bookings and for the past weeks we have played between 4 and 6pm on Sundays at the Arsenal soccer school (http://www.arsenalthai.com website hast the location down Sukhumvit 71) and played 6 a side with roll on roll off subs.

Follow this Forum / Thread for updates to times / location.

When will be the next game?

Can i join in?

Tks & Regards

The more the better.... damaja (Adam) usually takes care of the bookings and for the past weeks we have played between 4 and 6pm on Sundays at the Arsenal soccer school (http://www.arsenalthai.com website hast the location down Sukhumvit 71) and played 6 a side with roll on roll off subs.

Follow this Forum / Thread for updates to times / location.

Looking forward to meet u guys for a kick n run this Sunday.

I can be contacted at 088-691 1210.

Hi all,

Sorry been off the forum for a few days - have a nasty bit of cold/flu and busy otherwise.

Cheers Matt for responses and welcome to Marui, as we are definitely in need of some more players at the moment!

Not sure if I'll be able to play tomorrow as still got cold/flu, but the booking still stands as usual:

When: Sunday 17th October

Time: ** 4pm - 6pm **

at: Arsenal Soccer School,

I feel bad about not coming when we've been struggling with low turnouts last few weeks, so I'll make every effort to get better enough by tomorrow to come.

If I'm not able to though, naturally one of our regular stalwarts, Angus/Chris/Matt, can take care of booking payment etc.

As always, it'd be good if you get a chance to post a reply here on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

Cheers, & maybe see u tomorrow.

Edited by damaja

Hi all,

Sorry been off the forum for a few days - have a nasty bit of cold/flu and busy otherwise.

Cheers Matt for responses and welcome to Marui, as we are definitely in need of some more players at the moment!

Not sure if I'll be able to play tomorrow as still got cold/flu, but the booking still stands as usual:

When: Sunday 16th October

Time: ** 4pm - 6pm **

at: Arsenal Soccer School,

I feel bad about not coming when we've been struggling with low turnouts last few weeks, so I'll make every effort to get better enough by tomorrow to come.

If I'm not able to though, naturally one of our regular stalwarts, Angus/Chris/Matt, can take care of booking payment etc.

As always, it'd be good if you get a chance to post a reply here on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

Cheers, & maybe see u tomorrow.

I will be there. See u guys there.

By the way, who n how i should look out for?

Thanks & Regards

Thanks & Regards

Well, if I'm there I'm quite easy to spot - tall (6ft 3), white, balding with bit of a beard - bit like Zidane, especially if you see me playing ;):D

Otherwise, just look for a pretty mixed bunch of European/Asian foreigners and misfits (and the odd Thai or two when we're lucky)

We're usually booked on the pitch at the far end when you walk in the place - no. 5, I think.

Edited by damaja

Sorry can't make it tomorrow because I've friends flying in for the day/night. Will do my best to be there next week. Inspiration from "off the aeroplane Chris" will surely encourage me to get there next week.

Enjoy the game , Brian.

Thanks & Regards

Well, if I'm there I'm quite easy to spot - tall (6ft 3), white, balding with bit of a beard - bit like Zidane, especially if you see me playing ;):D

Otherwise, just look for a pretty mixed bunch of European/Asian foreigners and misfits (and the odd Thai or two when we're lucky)

We're usually booked on the pitch at the far end when you walk in the place - no. 5, I think.

Got that and noted.

See u guys tomorrow.

Oh dear, Kelvin out, Brian out, me possibly not, and Chris a 'possibly-maybe'.... that's 4 out of the 9 that turned up last week, and no other confirmations than Marui?

At this rate, there's a risk of u turning up and having no-one to play with mate! :(

where is everybody?!

:unsure:

Hey guys, is the game on only on Sukhumvit 71 or Sathorn/Silom are happening as well?

I live in Sathorn, so it'd be nice to have the chance to play in this area....if not, then will be heading for Suk 71 today or next time...

Hi

Currently we are only playing at the Arsenal place on Sukh. 71. Main reasons being the rain (the Sathorn place isn't covered and is a hard court so deadly when wet) and generally now a preference for playing on the larger, astro-turf pitches they have at the Arsenal place.

You'll be very welcome to join today, or any time.

Frankly though, your participation or not today may tip the balance as to whether we are able to play or not. :whistling:

Guys, I'm counting off possible/probables now and considering whether to save some the trouble of travelling by cancelling this week... what do you think?

I'm not 100% better yet, but do feel improved since yesterday. Would probably be playin it safe & stayin home today normally, but it looks like each man will be precious, so, I'll come... unless, we decide to cancel...?

List of confirmed/possibles:

-Damaja

-AngusTan

-Richard_Smith237

-Vid1

-Beejoir

-Marui

-Steppenwolf108 (maybe)

-FlaxxChris (maybe)

Really need 2 more at least...

:rolleyes: