5-a-side Football / Futsal -sathorn/silom, Wanna Play?

damaja

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man my name is Alex im from spain and I really like to pay futsal, im pretty good at it. I was wondering if you know any futsal team here in thailand that i can go to play for or at least try, iif is there anyone who knows it, the information would be appreciate [email protected]

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

You're welcome to come and join us tomorrow if you like. We play on an artificial grass pitch at the moment, so it's not really 'futsal' (we used to play on a hard court but it has no cover so we had to move when the rains started), but it's similar as it's still only 5 or 6 players on each side.

Come along tomorrow - see the details below and I'll add your email to our contact list so you'll get the info there too.

I'd advise you to edit your post though if you can and remove your email address from it, or you'll soon be getting tons of junk emails to that account!

Hope to see you tomorrow :)

Damaja.

Hi all, just a reminder that we've got some cracking footy lined up for you all again tomorrow ;)

Last week we just about had enough players with 11 people (dropping freakishly back from the 17+ we had the week before). In spite of the fact we had to wait 20 mins for the preceeding tournament game, and we'd already been pushed to the later 6pm slot so we finished quite late; but it was still pretty good actually and everyone seemed to enjoy the game.

So, this week it's back to our usual 4pm start.

Just to confirm/remind all then, this Sunday 5th, at the Arsenal pitch:

When: Sunday 5th September

Time: ** 4pm - 6pm **

at: Arsenal Soccer School,

17/1 Soi Pridi Banomyong 21, Sukhumvit 71 Rd., Phrakhanong, Bangkok 10110

Telephone: 02-711-1221

Google maps link with directions from Prakhanong BTS:

Cost: 1500 bht /hr (200 - 300 bht each)

Hope to see many of you there tomorrow,

If you get a chance please post reply on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

http://www.thaivisa...._gopid__3861292

-damaja.

:header:

Edited by damaja

Ok, here it is again, time to shake off all the shizzit you've accumulated during the last week of stresses, worries and woes... and kick the crap out of a 10-inch diameter ball of compressed air!

Ah, the beautiful game :)

Last week we struggled again with only 9 people showing up. But thankfully I persuaded some other guys waiting for their own team's session to come play with us. Then when they found they didn't have enough themselves, the 8 players of their team came and played against us as a team. With the mix-up of our regular guys and theirs, some organisational and temperamental hiccups came about. Details aside, ultimately it probably wasn't the most satisfying game of footy we've played; but then again, as we only had 9 people, we would've had quite a dull session anyway.

In answer to Matt's call for 'rules for sorting out teams': I have always made a concerted effort to make the team allocation as fair and arbitrary as possible. I'd hate to see the playground-style situation where teams are picked out player by player and someone ends up being the 'last pick' - it's unnecessary and is totally against the spirit of our game. So, for now, I'm either going to stick to separating teams by the shirt colours they are wearing - somewhat arbitrary, though I know not completely - or I pick the teams and then sit out as sub, assuming we have enough players. And yes, we will use bibs if available. Ok?

Anyway, this week it's our usual 4pm start, this Sunday, at the Arsenal pitch:

When: Sunday 12th September

Google maps link with directions from Prakhanong BTS: http://bit.ly/bqhnTR

If you get a chance please post reply on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can't make it:

-damaja.

Edited by damaja

sorry mates, I am not in town this and the next weekend. Will resume thereafter. Have a good game.

cheers

Ok, here it is again, time to shake off all the shizzit you've accumulated during the last week of stresses, worries and woes... and kick the crap out of a 10-inch diameter ball of compressed air!

Ah, the beautiful game :)

Last week we struggled again with only 9 people showing up. But thankfully I persuaded some other guys waiting for their own team's session to come play with us. Then when they found they didn't have enough themselves, the 8 players of their team came and played against us as a team. With the mix-up of our regular guys and theirs, some organisational and temperamental hiccups came about. Details aside, ultimately it probably wasn't the most satisfying game of footy we've played; but then again, as we only had 9 people, we would've had quite a dull session anyway.

In answer to Matt's call for 'rules for sorting out teams': I have always made a concerted effort to make the team allocation as fair and arbitrary as possible. I'd hate to see the playground-style situation where teams are picked out player by player and someone ends up being the 'last pick' - it's unnecessary and is totally against the spirit of our game. So, for now, I'm either going to stick to separating teams by the shirt colours they are wearing - somewhat arbitrary, though I know not completely - or I pick the teams and then sit out as sub, assuming we have enough players. And yes, we will use bibs if available. Ok?

Anyway, this week it's our usual 4pm start, this Sunday, at the Arsenal pitch:

When: Sunday 12th September

-damaja.

Oh yes! Footy is on tomorrow! post-4641-1156694083.gif

Bring it on! w00t.gif

Last week we had an alright game. 12 peeps and pretty even teams. Mostenjoyable!

Thanks especially to our 2‘extra’ players – Tem and Chris’s friend (sorry, forgot his name) – withoutwhom to make up the numbers to the optimum, we would’ve probably had quite adifferent time of it. Cheers.

So, this week it's our usual again, same place, same time:

When: Sunday 19th September

Time: ** 4pm- 6pm **

at: ArsenalSoccer School,

If you get a chance please post reply here whether u can/can'tmake it.

-damaja.

Aha!Is it that time again?

Yesindeed, it’s on again tomorrow and what better way to jump start the week?

FOOTY-BALL!:D

So, last week did ok again with 13 to begin with,until the ‘Bowden’ felt a twinge in his thigh and limped off home weepinguncontrollably ;) – then 12 to finish with. And, despite me having a little 10second rant towards the end of our last hour of scoring play, I thought we hadsome pretty decent football going on. I might normally make apology for havinga moan, if it weren’t for the fact that directly afterwards the work rate andpassing accuracy of our team rose dramatically, causing us to claw back a 4goal deficit to finish closely at 7-6! Fair play was also well observed allround, it should be said, though Ken might be suffering a fractured rib or twothis week after an unintentional (really & truly, honest) collision withyours truly. :-s

So, usual info, same place, same time – plus as a bonus this week, I’ve addedsome classic footy quotes below:

When: Sunday 26th September

If you get a chance please post reply on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can'tmake it:

-damaja.

Funny Player Quotes

'I took awhack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.' - Lee Hendrie

'I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.' - Ian Rush

Interviewer: 'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'

David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre, on the right and occasionallyon the left side.'

'If you're 0-0 down, there's no-one better to get you back on terms than IanWright.' - Robbie Earle

'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals outthere today.' - Steve Lomas

'I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my rightsock.' - Barry Venison

'I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into whatreligion yet.' - David Beckham

'The Brazilians were South America, and the Ukranians will be more European.' -Phil Neville

'All that remains is for a few dots and commas to be crossed.' - Mitchell Thomas

'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's theonly manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I'veever had.' - David Beckham

'The opening ceremony was good, although I missed it.' - Graeme Le Saux

'One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best.' - Alan Shearer

'I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd.' - Johnny Giles

'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry

'I wouldnot be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - MarkViduka

'He's put on weight and I've lost it, and vice versa.' - Ronnie Whelan

'If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed atthe end of the day.' - Neville Southall

'We lost because we didn't win.' – Ronaldo.

Hi all,

Here's the weekly reminder/confirmation/prompt for footy tomorrow.

Last week was pretty good, with good tempo and temperament both. The sides maybe could have been more balanced, but all was good and friendly while still competitive, which is just about ideal. Plus, we saw some great passing football from both sides. So hopefully we'll have more of the same tomorrow.

See you down there...

When: Sunday 2nd October

If you get a chance please post reply on the ThaiVisa forum whether u can/can'tmake it:

-damaja.

Edited by damaja