Is Eye Floaters Surgery Available In Thailand?

samlowry

Any hospital where they do cataract surgery should have this as this is also used to treat capsulotomy after cataract.

The hospitals with the better ophthalmology dept.'s should also be able to perform vitrectomy if condition is more serious.

If not too serious, try just not to focus on them and let your brain adapt to them (though you probably wouldn't have made this post if you wouldn't have already tried that).

I would recommend Rutnin Eye Hospital on Soi 21 (Asoke) Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok for a top all around service (other hospitals send patients there if they do not have facilities). It is a very busy but well organized place with reasonable rates. It has been considered the best place in Bangkok for decades for total eye care.

Hello Sam,

This is Scott from Bumrungrad. I checked on this for you, and here is what I found:

As discussed with our ENT nurse, generally the doctors do not perform YAG laser treatment for eye floater unless you also have a retina detachment. We recommend you to discuss directly with an ENT nurse regarding the estimated laser price. However, you might be asked to see the doctor for an evaluation to determine the possibility of the procedure as well as its cost.

I thought I was going to be a bit more helpful, but hopefully the first sentence can be of use.

Since the brain in many cases is able to adapt to the floaters, homeotherapy, accupuncture, Bach blossom therapy, magnetism, reading of tea leaves and purifying enema's may have good result, same as doing nothing.

The floaters will often disappear thanks to / despite of the choosen alternative. (doing nothing being the cheapest and most comfortable of them all)

Key thing is to get a good opthalmic exam if you have not already to see if there is a pathological cause. If not, then indeed the thing to do is just ignore them and after a while your brain will tune them out. But do see an opthmalogist first, opreferrably one who specializes in retinal problems.