My Experience With Toyota

patong

atfer years of riding motorcycles in thailand, i decided a car was needed. my first choice of car was a honda jazz, but after hearing form the honda sales dealers in chiang mai there was a two to three month order waiting time. my next choice was toyota, thinking along the lines of sticking to a popular car in thailand just incase of future ware a tare e.g cheap on service parts and in stock.

i must add, the toyota sale team where very helpful also english spoken and buying the car was not a problem e.g working to commissions.

choosing the vios E for safty reasons comes with airbags and some extras. toyota also fitted a body kit, spot lights, back spoiler, side front and back trims also an up grade to the speakers.

freebies, window trims, foot mats, crome protective door footwell covers, chrome number plate holders, tinted windows, exterior protective cover, VIP card free servicing for one year.

after having the car for only 24 hours a friend noticed the brake light on the back spiler was hanging down, i remember thinking to myself its just a screw a five minuite job. so back to toyota i went and waited an hour because they had to remove the spoiler to tighten the screws,

after having the car for only seven days i noticed the side trims had come loose and also again the brake light on the spoiler, so another trip back to toyota and waited another hour to tighten screws.

after having the car 10 days i heard a clicking noise coming from the front offside wheel only when i turned the steering wheel clockwise the clicking was heard also having the window open made me more aware there was something wrong with the wheel, also the light on the back spoiler had come loose again and also the back number plate was loose. a trip back to toyota and im not happy at this stage after waiting three hours apparently a nut had come loose in the wheel so job done im back with my new car all is good.

day 30 and then the volume on the car stereo stop working it just stays at one volume level. a trip back to toyota a new stereo is needed which they have ordered from bangkok and will take one week to arrive in chiang mai.

has anyone else had any proplems with there new car?

seems all of your new-car problems were due to the add-ons by the dealer,

and not due to toyota manufacturing defects.

spoiler, trim, lights, plate; all add-ons.

was the stereo delivered with the vehicle or added by the dealer?

loose wheel nut? you'd think they'd do a safety check before release.

seems all of your new-car problems were due to the add-ons by the dealer,

and not due to toyota manufacturing defects.

spoiler, trim, lights, plate; all add-ons.

was the stereo delivered with the vehicle or added by the dealer?

loose wheel nut? you'd think they'd do a safety check before release.

yes add-ons have been a problem but they were fitted by toyota. the stereo is standard and comes with the car and also the loose nut somewhere around the wheel area. Edited by patong

Should of gone Honda! All car makers have problems.

LOL, I think read somewhere about a women smashing her CRV up on the Honda forecourt becoise it was a lemon. Your car does not sound like a lemon. Just problems with add ons.

Maybe your car came off the assembly line on Friday. Workers thinking about weekend plans and not their job. Someone actually did a study and determined that the Friday vehicles had many more problems than those turned out on Tues thru Thursday.

Maybe your car came off the assembly line on Friday. Workers thinking about weekend plans and not their job. Someone actually did a study and determined that the Friday vehicles had many more problems than those turned out on Tues thru Thursday.

Always buy a "Tuesday" car!! Of course they might lie and sell you a Friday one instead. It's hard to tell till bits start to fall off :)