Rainy Season/summer Movies Upcoming

baht&sold

Personally looking forward to 'Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy' :D which is out just today Stateside. Anyone have any idea when it will hit the big screens in Bkk? (dvd just won't do for this one;)

Here's some other upcoming 'rainy season' titles/release dates, TBA in TIT (if it ever gets here- the rain that is)

What's your fav flic pic upcoming?

PS: Dukes of Hazzard - the movie???? Oh-my-gawd :o

CRASH May 6

HOUSE OF WAX May 6

KINGDOM OF HEAVEN May 6

KICKING & SCREAMING May 13

MINDHUNTERS May 13

MONSTER-IN-LAW May 13

UNLEASHED May 13

STAR WARS: EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH May 19

THE LONGEST YARD May 27

MADAGASCAR May 27

DUMA May 31

CINDERELLA MAN June 3

HIGH TENSION June 3

LORDS OF DOGTOWN June 3

THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS June 3

THE ADVENTURES OF SHARK BOY & LAVA GIRL June 10

THE HONEYMOONERS June 10

MR AND MRS SMITH June 10

BATMAN BEGINS June 17

THE PERFECT MAN June 17

BEWITCHED June 24

GEORGE ROMERO'S LAND OF THE DEAD June 24

HERBIE: FULLY LOADED June 24

WAR OF THE WORLDS June 29

REBOUND July 1

DARK WATER July 8

FANTASTIC FOUR July 8

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY July 15

HUSTLE & FLOW July 15

WEDDING CRASHERS July 15

THE BAD NEWS BEARS July 22

THE DEVIL'S REJECTS July 22

THE ISLAND July 22

THE BROTHERS GRIMM July 29

MUST LOVE DOGS July 29

SKY HIGH July 29

STEALTH July 29

CRY WOLF Aug 5

THE DUKES OF HAZZARD Aug 5

THE PINK PANTHER Aug 5

DEUCE BIGALOW: EUROPEAN GIGOLO Aug 12

FOUR BROTHERS Aug 12

Edited by bahtandsold

Personally looking forward to 'Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy'  :o which is out just today Stateside. Anyone have any idea when it will hit the big screens in Bkk? (dvd just won't do for this one;)

What's your fav flic pic upcoming?

Went to the flix in Leicester yesterday. It was a toss-up between "Hitchhiker's" and "Guess Who." Opted for "Guess Who" due to time constraints. It was predictable but entertaining. Will probably do "Hitchhiker's" next week.

Saw "Be Cool" and "Sahara" during the previous weeks. "Sahara" was pretty entertaining, especially when showing Penelope Cruz's fine behind. "Be Cool" was good also, especially if you have already seen "Pulp Fiction" and "Get Shorty." There are some cameos and take-offs from those.

Went to the flix in Leicester yesterday. It was a toss-up between "Hitchhiker's" and "Guess Who." Opted for "Guess Who" due to time constraints. It was predictable but entertaining. Will probably do "Hitchhiker's" next week.

Saw "Be Cool" and "Sahara" during the previous weeks. "Sahara" was pretty entertaining, especially when showing Penelope Cruz's fine behind. "Be Cool" was good also, especially if you have already seen "Pulp Fiction" and "Get Shorty." There are some cameos and take-offs from those.

Cheers Spee, full review on Hitchhiker's next week pulleeeasse. Two thumbs to 'Be Cool' as well (er, saw it on a 'small screen' here, not mine tho, oh no) :o

Be Cool was shi*e sorry I expected much more and was disappointed.

Sahara - good action picture. Do like Penelope. Should redo Raise the Titanic, another Clive Cussler picture. Think it would be less cheesey since technology has progressed since then.

I've got high hopes for Charlie and the chocolate factory, I think Burton and Depp will team up to bring us something exceptional. Batman Begins I'm not sure about, past experience makes me want to wait until it's on DVD. War of the Worlds is another I'm looking forward to. When's 'Watchmen' coming out? That's the film I will be waiting for the most.

Batman Begins I'm not sure about, past experience makes me want to wait until it's on DVD. 

My first thought was not another batman movie but this has Brit director Christopher Nolan and a decent cast starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Ken Watanabe & Katie Holmes (Katie Suay maak;). We'll see

What ever happened to Sin City? I remember seeing posters up for it quite a while ago but I haven't seen it in theatres and its not on that list. Did it not make it past censors? I'd rather see it in a theatre that DVD.

Should redo Raise the Titanic, another Clive Cussler picture. Think it would be less cheesey since technology has progressed since then.

I agree- would be a good movie considering the progress in technology and considering that the Titanic has indeed been found since the original movie was released.

I'm interested to see the new Pink Panther movie. The old ones with Peter Sellers reman as some of my favorite movies ever. I can recall ROTFLMAO at these! :o

Who will be the star to try and follow in the footsteps of Peter Sellers? Any idea? Any predictions?

Sin City is out now in Bangkok isn't it?  Frank Miller has influenced a couple of movies this year it seems, let's hope they are true to his writing.

Good film - I saw it beginning of April. I haven't read the comic book serial but from what I understand it follows it exactly. Very twisted and I love the look/feel. Very well done!

Edited by britmaveric

I'm interested to see the new Pink Panther movie. The old ones with Peter Sellers reman as some of my favorite movies ever. I can recall ROTFLMAO at these!  :D

Who will be the star to try and follow in the footsteps of Peter Sellers? Any idea? Any predictions?

Peter Sellers replaced??? Unthinkable! But anything with Kevin Kline is usually good. Not sure 'bout Steve Martin in the lead. John Cleese would've suited :o

HERE's the trailer

Credited cast:

Steve Martin .... Inspector Jacques Clouseau

Kevin Kline .... Chief Inspector Dreyfus

Beyoncé Knowles .... Xania

Jean Reno .... Gendarme Gilbert Ponton

Emily Mortimer .... Nicole

Henry Czerny .... Yuri

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

William Abadie .... Bizu

Scott Adkins .... Jacquard

Dexter Bell .... Terry Ahkee-Sauce

Kristin Chenoweth .... Cherie

Monty C. Floyd .... Waldorf Door Man

Mareva Galanter .... French journalist

Chelah Horsdal .... Security Guard #1

Thomas Ho .... Chinese Footballer

Janet Huege .... Girl in Airplane Bathroom

Arnaud Klein .... Policier/Policeman

Boris McGiver .... Vainqueur

Aleksandrs Petukhovs .... Policeman

Marc Raco .... Sneezing man on airplane

Roger Rees .... Raymond Labarge

Stephen Rowe .... Sykorian

Daniel Sauli .... Roland Saint-Germain

Marty Eli Schwartz .... Maintenance

Jason Statham .... Yves Gluant

Nick Toren .... Agent Savard

Peter Sellers replaced??? Unthinkable! But anything with Kevin Kline is usually good. Not sure 'bout Steve Martin in the lead. John Cleese would've suited :o

I agree- Peter Sellers being replaced is quite unthinkable. He was just so perfect for the part! Steve Martin will either be really great or really bad. It has been a long time since he has come out with anything truly funny.

I also agee that John Cleese would have been a better choice, but someone other than Kevin Kline would have to be Dreyfuss. Putting Cleese and Kline together would be reminiscent of "A Fish Called Wanda" which is another of my all time favorites and would be a tough act to follow.

Putting Cleese and Kline together would be reminiscent of "A Fish Called Wanda" which is another of my all time favorites and would be a tough act to follow.

Right you are Bino, not sure why I didn't think of that. :o Just watched the Pink Panther trailer and you know, this just might be a good funny movie!

Sin City is out now in Bangkok isn't it?  Frank Miller has influenced a couple of movies this year it seems, let's hope they are true to his writing.

I went to the movies today, Sin City is not out at the theatre, and has not been out as far so far. I don't think its coming unless the censors are just taking a long time to hack it apart.

I went to the movies today, Sin City is not out at the theatre, and has not been out as far so far. I don't think its coming unless the censors are just taking a long time to hack it apart.

It comes out next week I think!

Isn't there already a David Cronenbourg movie called Crash?

Yes Scampy, but THAT one was the one about people getting aroused by car crashes... :o

THIS one is by Paul Haggis (Million Dollar Baby screen adaptation). It's a thriller that takes place in L.A. in which a car crash brings together many different groups of people from different backgrounds. Cast includes Brenden Fraiser, Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon, Thandie Newton, and Don Cheadle.

PS: How did I leave this off my 'upcoming' list??? Is it true?

TBA summer 2005??: Indiana Jones 4

Steven Spielberg

Starring Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Kate Capshaw, Karen Allen

Paramount Pictures

Edited by bahtandsold

Personally looking forward to 'Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy'  :D which is out just today Stateside. Anyone have any idea when it will hit the big screens in Bkk? (dvd just won't do for this one;)

2nd June. With that kind of delay, I think I WILL be getting the DVD.

Incidentally, if there's a way to just browse to an upcoming movies section on movieseer, I can't find it, and I've looked several times. I found this by googling movieseer like this:

site:www.movieseer.com hitchhiker

Seems they like to make it challenging... :o

Incidentally, if there's a way to just browse to an upcoming movies section on movieseer, I can't find it, and I've looked several times.  I found this by googling movieseer like this:

site:www.movieseer.com hitchhiker

Seems they like to make it challenging... :o

I found it-

Go to the "Movies" link at the top of the screen. Scroll down on this screen and you will find a section of "Upcoming Movies". At the bottom of the section is a "List All Upcoming Movies" link.

I had the misfortune of watching Oceans 12 last night - how could they have messed that one up?? :o

Anyone seen Constantine with Keanu Reeves yet? good?

Looking forward to the next installment from Michael Moore :D

Is "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" still available in most bookstores? I remember reading it over 10 years ago, would like to do a re-read. It's a hazy memory, can't really remember the storyline now, just that it was weird.. (and the computer game was puzzling as well)

Is "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" still available in most bookstores? I remember reading it over 10 years ago, would like to do a re-read. It's a hazy memory, can't really remember the storyline now, just that it was weird.. (and the computer game was puzzling as well)

Dunno but I imagine it's been withdrawn and will be re-released in a super-shiny high-priced hardcover edition as a movie tie-in...

The game was sold by the original copyright holders, and eventually became legally available for free in online Java form. Naturally with the movie coming up, they pulled it, to be re-released in paid format.

I was a bit obsessed with the whole thing when I was younger, and despite giving away every other book before coming to Thailand, I have the original 4. If you're in BKK and want to borrow them, send me a PM.

2.jpg

Here's Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith in Thai opening May 19th.

This May, the world will witness the fall of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith as it begins opening around the globe. Though the same Drew Struzan-illustrated release poster will be found in theaters world-wide, specific countries will have unique Episode III logos that translate the film title into the local language.

When translating the not-so-everyday phrase "Revenge of the Sith," there were a few surprises. Some titles had to be modified due to poor direct translation, or homonym phrases that sounded a bit strange. For example, without such changes, Danish fans would be watching Revenge of the Babysitter, or for Turkish fans, Revenge of the Government. Take a tour around the world with this slideshow of International Episode III logos. For a list of international release dates, see this story here. No matter what the language, the Force with be with you, always.

Here's Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith in Thai opening May 19th.

When translating the not-so-everyday phrase "Revenge of the Sith," there were a few surprises. Some titles had to be modified due to poor direct translation, or homonym phrases that sounded a bit strange. For example, without such changes, Danish fans would be watching Revenge of the Babysitter, or for Turkish fans, Revenge of the Government.

Anyone have a clue what the Thai Translator will call 'revenge of the sith' ? Certainly won't be the Turkish example! :D

Some Eng to Thai movie title translations can be a bit off the mark (maybe Thai to Eng titles as well) :o

I've got high hopes for Charlie and the chocolate factory, I think Burton and Depp will team up to bring us something exceptional.  Batman Begins I'm not sure about, past experience makes me want to wait until it's on DVD.  War of the Worlds is another I'm looking forward to.  When's 'Watchmen' coming out?  That's the film I will be waiting for the most.

Are they really making a film of Watchmen? The greatest comic EVER? I recently downloaded the comic from Soul Seek.

I generally get my movie info from here:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/movies/

Superb amount of reviews.