Trying To Buy From Thai's?

Three times now in trying to buy a house from Thai's up here in Issan I have had them either back out totally, or even after the price and terms are agreed upon they want to change either the price or terms at the last minute.....

The last one was just this evening after I ordered the money wire transfered from the States last Friday....

Our search for a home continues...

Anyone eles run into this dealing with Thai's when purchasing a home???

Pianoman

It might be just your luck of late. I've never had or heard of any farangs having these type of problems. Thais are like anyone, when they want to sell and the price is agreed they're happy to sell. Yes I've bought cars.mc and properties from Thais.

Maybe its the farang factor. My wife will not let me buy anything in Thailand. The locals see me and the price goes up.  :o

I agree with you Colin.

Though I can buy stuff in the local village where they know me or at places where prices are listed such as supermarkets my wife won't even let me go with her to let me buy bigger items. Don't blame her really. :D

I agree and would normally let my Lady do the buying on most larger items, but when it comes to a house, I feel that I must have the input and final say... I don't want to be like them, have her negoicate price, etc. then turn up and say "Yes" or "No" after she has given them the impression that they have a legitimate offer to purchase... Maybe I am worrying too much about the "Farang" image, and not enough about our money... Besides, I could understand them wanting to change the price or tems after finding out a Farang was involved, but in all three of these cases they knew it from the beginning...

I guess I am just venting my frustrations, but three in a row????

Pianoman

Edited by pianoman

I've found that many more people like the concept of "selling", as compared to actually "selling". The onset of seller's remorse - who knows. Regardless, if you don't like the prive increase, you can always try somewhere else. That's one nice thing about Thailand, there are thousands of places to buy.