My Dear Friend And Belgian Citizen Is No Longer

Bates

Eventhough he wasn't a ThaiVisa member, I would like to announce that my dear friend and fellow Belgian citizen Mr. Herman Lust has past away in a motocycle accident in Chiang Rai province.

He was 56 years old, a good friend of mine, had a nice running fishshop business in Belgium and had recently bought a new motocycle. He lived in Phan about 40km from Chiang Rai where he lived occassionally with his Thai wife.

While loved to travel around and explore Thailand on his ride. Yesterday around 10pm he had a fatal accident when taking over a truck near the border of Laos. He didn't see a truck coming from the opposite direction and crashed into it.

My dear Herman, may this post reach you in some kind of way, we gonna miss you !

RIP

My Condolence to the famillie of Mr herman ,i also are a Belgium expat buth stay now in my hometown Belgium until april and then all be back ath the North ath Honghin chun and go to try visith his familly to give my personal condolence .If possible to have the addres please let me now

Martin

My Condolence to the famillie of Mr herman ,i also are a Belgium expat buth stay now in my hometown Belgium until april and then all be back ath the North ath Honghin chun and go to try visith his familly to give my personal condolence .If possible to have the addres please let me now

Martin

R.I.P to your friend and fellow farang and though I didn't know the gentleman and am not from Belgium, if you have any details of funeral arrangements that are held locally, I'm sure some of us will try to attend.

Martin

R.I.P to your friend and fellow farang and though I didn't know the gentleman and am not from Belgium, if you have any details of funeral arrangements that are held locally, I'm sure some of us will try to attend.

Yes, it is a good thing to show respect for a fellow foreigner who passed away here.

Please Bates, let us know when and where.

L.

Hello everyone, hope you all understand I can't post adresses or phonenumbers here. Tomorrow is the cremation of his body in Phan.

I found some really interesting information on the gt-rider website and it was devestating to see the pictures of his bike... If the topic starter at GT-Rider would please leave me his phone number in a personal message, i would like to call you for some more details which are important for his wife.

Atleast we know more details now that he was driving on the 107 near Chiang Dao. Appearently it wasn't at night. All other information is welcome !

Thank you

Bates

Edited by Bates