Health / Weight Loss Clinics?

Tokay

I'm looking for a doctor in town who can properly test my thyroid and possibly set me up with the right dosages of clenbuterol and/or T3. I have some friends who have lost a lot of weight (back in the USA) with these but I fear taking anything like that without first consulting a doctor who may specialize in this.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Asking for a test and wanting Thyroxin I guess you think you have an underactive Thyroid gland,which I suppose leads to weight gain.A test in Thailand I have been quoted costs 1000 Baht told them to forget it,looking for cheaper test.

What's wrong with going out for walks / riding a bike / going on the Hash / joining Pattaya Panthers for rugby training / other exercise??

Much better for you to do things the way the Good Lord intended, rather than this current idea of using chemicals to build up muscle / lose weight / party the night away / any other thing you can think of.

Your body is the only one you have - look after it well and don't pour chemicals inrto it that may have unforseen effects many years later. (Tobacco springs to mind, as does asbestos, coal dust)

Like many people these days you seem to want to have something good happen without working for it. I have never found that to be satisfactory.

Overweight people should get their thyroid hormone levels checked. Any clinic can do this; the blood test is not expensive. Most will have normal levels, but some (such as myself) won't. I know this from experience as I have been taking thyroid hormone for decades now. It is a very serious thing if you need it and are not replacing the hormone. The OP seems to be talking about something else, however.

Edited by Jingthing

What's wrong with going out for walks / riding a bike / going on the Hash / joining Pattaya Panthers for rugby training / other exercise??

Much better for you to do things the way the Good Lord intended, rather than this current idea of using chemicals to build up muscle / lose weight / party the night away / any other thing you can think of.

Your body is the only one you have - look after it well and don't pour chemicals inrto it that may have unforseen effects many years later. (Tobacco springs to mind, as does asbestos, coal dust)

Like many people these days you seem to want to have something good happen without working for it. I have never found that to be satisfactory.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Doesn't help so much, which leads me to believe I may have a thyroid problem (as many others in my family have) and I want to get it check out. If it turns out I do, those are the meds I've known others to take to help them lose the weight while treating their thyroid.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not obese, but I am overweight and it simply won't come off no matter what I do or eat.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Doesn't help so much, which leads me to believe I may have a thyroid problem (as many others in my family have) and I want to get it check out. If it turns out I do, those are the meds I've known others to take to help them lose the weight while treating their thyroid.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not obese, but I am overweight and it simply won't come off no matter what I do or eat.

There's no need to worry about taking T3. Even after years of taking it your own thyroid will start producing on its own again if you stop.

It's difficult for a doctor to adjust your dosage levels because taking body temperature readings will be necessary. I would suggest you do some research instead of leaving yourself at the mercy of a Thai doctor.

Edited by tropo

You should be very careful with taking T3,do some google there is enough information available.If not taken correctly you can mess up your metabolism completely end being dependent to it for the rest of your life.

Safer to take T4 which converts to T3 in the body or Clenbuterol.

if your overweight then the last thing you want to take is glenbuterol !! any clinic in pattaya will do a test for you, main naklua road near soi 27 or soi 15 walking st , or the end of soi lankee off soi bukaew.

Clen is a big part of the juicers / cutting regime correct ?

start with small doses and they gradually increase them , then taper off the cycle after a few months.

Juicers,....recently saw in the press of( I think) a Canadian study on the the use of drinking fruit juice for a prolonged period.Leads to what is called a fatty liver which can lead to cirrhosis.Statement suggests eating the fruit with fibre and all is the best way.

H'mm good luck to you and maybe a long life? Please read below:

Clenbuterol is a potent, long-lasting bronchodilator that is prescribed for human use only outside of the U.S. It is abused generally by bodybuilders and athletes for its ability to increase lean muscle mass and reduce body fat (i.e., repartitioning effects). However, clenbuterol is also associated with significant adverse cardiovascular and neurological effects.

In the U.S., clenbuterol is not approved for human use; it is only approved for use in horses. In 1998, the FDA approved the clenbuterol-based Ventipulmin Syrup, manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc., as a prescription-only drug for the treatment of airway obstruction in horses (0.8-3.2 µg/kg twice daily). This product is not intended for human use or for use in food-producing animals.

Outside the U.S., clenbuterol is available by prescription for the treatment of bronchial asthma in humans. It is available in tablets (0.01 or 0.02 mg per tablet) and liquid preparations. The recommended dosage is 0.02-0.03 mg twice daily.

Chemistry and Pharmacology:

Clenbuterol is a beta2-adrenergic agonist. Stimulation of the beta2-adrenergic receptors on bronchial smooth muscle produces bronchodilation. However, clenbuterol, like other beta adrenergic agonists, can produce adverse cardiovascular and neurological effects, such as heart palpitations, muscle tremors, and nervousness. Activation of beta-adrenergic receptors also accounts for clenbuterol’s ability to increase lean muscle mass and reduce body fat, although the downstream mechanisms by which it does so have yet to be clearly defined.

After ingestion, clenbuterol is readily absorbed (70-80%) and remains in the body for awhile (25-39 hours). As a result of its long half life, the adverse effects of clenbuterol are often prolonged.

Illicit Uses:

Clenbuterol is abused for its ability to alter body composition by reducing body fat and increasing skeletal muscle mass. It is typically abused by athletes and bodybuilders at a dose of 60-120 µg per day. It is often used in combination with other performance enhancing drugs, such as anabolic steroids and growth hormone.

It is also illicitly administered to livestock for its repartitioning effects. This has resulted in several outbreaks of acute illness in Spain, France, Italy, China, and Portugal 0.5-3 hours after individuals ingested liver and meat containing clenbuterol residues. The symptoms, which included increased heart rate, nervousness, headache, muscular tremor, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fever, and chills. Consequently, the U.S. and Europe actively monitor urine and tissue samples from livestock for the presence of clenbuterol.

There have also been reports of clenbuterol-tainted heroin and cocaine. Although no deaths were attributed to the clenbuterol exposures, the individuals were hospitalized for up to several days due to clenbuterol intoxication.

User Population:

Clenbuterol is typically abused by athletes. It is thought to be more popular among female athletes as the repartitioning effects are not associated with the typical androgenic side effects (i.e., facial hair, deepening of the voice, and thickening of the skin) of anabolic steroids. Professional athletes in several different sports have tested positive for clenbuterol. Clenbuterol is also marketed and abused for weight-loss purposes.

Illicit Distribution:

Clenbuterol is readily available on the Internet as tablets, syrup, and an injectable formulation. The drug is purportedly obtained by illegal importation from other countries where it is approved for human use.

DEA forensic laboratories reported 8 clenbuterol drug items in 2006, 28 items in 2007 and 18 items in 2008. In the first half of 2009, 6 items were reported by DEA laboratories. According to National Forensic Laboratory Information System (NFLIS), state and local forensic laboratories reported 24 clenbuterol drug items/exhibits in 2006, 18 items/exhibits in 2007, and 3 items/exhibits in 2008. From January to June 2009, one item/exhibit was identified as clenbuterol by state and local laboratories. The relatively small numbers are likely a reflection of the non-controlled status of clenbuterol in the United States.

Control status:

Clenbuterol is currently not controlled under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). However, clenbuterol is listed by the World Anti-Doping Agency and the International Olympic Committee as a performance enhancing drug; therefore athletes are barred from its use. Presently, no states have placed clenbuterol under control.

Comments and additional information are welcomed by the Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section, Fax 202-307-1263, telephone 202-307-7183, or Email [email protected].

I suspect that your friends in the States are taking T3 or Clenbuterol for the purpose of losing weight, not necessarily because they have asthma (which Clen is not FDA approved for in the US) or because they have thyroid problems. These two started as the rage for bodybuilders who wanted to get "ripped" for competitions, but are now being used more widespread.

If your thyroid levels are low, the chances are the doctor will prescribe Thyroxin (T4) and NOT T3, and he most certainly won't be prescribing Clenbuterol for a thyroid problem. I, personally, am a firm believer of healthy eating (though I have a weakness for chocolate and cheesecake!) and exercise. For me, and anyone else who has suffered through 8 dozen different diet fads and miracle pills, a lifestyle change is the only way to lose weight and keep it off. If you go on pills to lose weight, ANY pill, there's over a 90% chance your weight will come back soon after you stop taking the pill......and so far, no pill has been developed that allows you to safely stay on it for the rest of your life! At some point, you will have to stop taking the pills due to side effects that develop.

Having said that, though, I suspect that you will want to pursue the more instant gratification route despite warnings from other posters, so here goes:

If you do have thyroid deficiency, the doctor will prescribe you some T4 and monitor your thyroid levels over long periods of time so that the amount of medication can be adjusted to get you in the acceptable range. Taking T4 may give you more energy at the onset and may even help you lose weight, but after a while, your body adjusts and learns to function normally on the corrected T4 level. Don't count on it to help you lose weight. What you may consider is that you're "insulin resistant". Many people who don't eat a lot but can't seem to lose weight have this problem, especially if their weight has yo-yo'd in the past or if they're used to eating a lot of rice, bread, pasta, sweets, etc. Unfortunately, the best remedy for insulin resistance is exercise - and patience, as results may be slow.

Taking T3 if your thyroid level is normal - Do NOT believe that there will be no negative effects to your thyroid function if you take this on a long term basis. Everyone's body reacts differently to different meds. It's like anything else with your body - if you take additional thyroid, your body WILL stop producing it. Whether or not this will cause permanent damage down the line will depend on YOUR body - so it's like Russian roulette. You won't know if there's damage until you try it.

Clenbuterol - You have to know HOW to take clenbuterol, you can't just buy it, swallow a pill and wait for the weight to melt off. You start w/ small doses, gradually increasing to a certain amount depending on how you react to it. Then after approximately 2-4 weeks, you have to gradually come off it as it starts to lose it's effect on your body. Some people crash when they come off Clen, some don't. Some people stay on it for longer periods of time through methods I won't get into here. You will very likely lose weight, but it won't come without a price. Many people get the shakes. Many people get screaming cramps in the middle of the night. Many people develop high blood pressure and liver problems. The point is....at some point, you'll have to come off the clenbuterol because the side effects of this are quite harsh. Then what?

When considering taking T3 and Clen, you have to also take into consideration your age, your short-term/long-term goals, and whether or not your body is physically strong enough or healthy enough to handle it. Often times, people with weight problems also have other health issues that can very easily turn ugly when to introduced to excess thyroid or a drug that directly stimulates your central nervous system.

If you decide, against all better judgment, to take either of these, or both, you'll find that they can't be bought at just any drug store. Most pharmacists will give you a blank look if you go in and ask for T3 or Clen. There's no easy way to lose weight. There's always a price - but whether you pay with sweat or with your health is up to you. I wish you the best.