Sukumvit Shortcut

JimsKnight

I read somewhere there is no law against riding or driving on the sidewalks in Thailand. I've seen a few areas where this seems common. It would be easy to put a small concrete step in to prevent it. That's what they would do in the states anyway. Signs and barricades everywhere.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

:)

All I see in your post is one sentence of text and a large blank white square. No picture just a blank white square.

Maybe it's the computer here at work and the firewall I have to access this forum through, but I see nothing else right now.

Yes, I've nearly been run down on Sukhumvit many times by motorcycles that come up on the sidewalk to take a "shortcut". That doesn't make it legal.

You will find a lot of taxi drivers who will go the wrong way on Sukhumvit road to by using the bus lanes to go the wrong way on that one-way road, but that is still not legal.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

:)

All I see in your post is one sentence of text and a large blank white square. No picture just a blank white square.

Maybe it's the computer here at work

Yes. It's your computer.  :D
Yes, I've nearly been run down on Sukhumvit many times by motorcycles that come up on the sidewalk to take a "shortcut". That doesn't make it legal.
Actually, it is legal for motorcycles to use the footpaths/pavements in Thailand.

It's one of the questions when taking the written test for a Thai motorcycle license.

Edited by RusticCharm

Hi :)

I have done the exact same thing at that exact same spot so many times that i don't even care to remember how many. In that particular spot there's always dozens of trucks and buses piled up and no way to get through with a bike other than via the sidewalk. I just simply follow the hundreds of other bikes doing the same.......

Nice cam by the way.

Kind regards.....

Thanh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...