Why Can't People Accept The Truth?

jpolten

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, why did the OP go especially to the coffee shop where this girl worked?

I would think his gf would be very jealous... got to be careful, lots of gf's go crazy on television

when their guy starts seeing another girl, even as a friend.

Sorry,i've just seen another of you posts where you claim to have an MBA and a Phd.....and you still have to ask a question like that :):D

I thought it was obvious but i'll answer anyway........

People said she was a prostitute...she told me she worked in a famous coffee shop on sukhumvit,me being in the area thought i feel like a coffee and a look-see

:)

Thanks for clearing it up, by the way whats the famous coffee shop on sukhumvit? Theres a few starbucks

and coffee worlds, is it the one at the Marriott Hotel on Soi 1? delicious cakes there....

Sorry,i've just seen another of you posts where you claim to have an MBA and a Phd.....and you still have to ask a question like that :):D

That's correct, I have an MBA from Monash Uni, and a PhD form Australian National University. I work in senior management

here for a multi-national on a full expat package. Any other questions you have?

To the OP, your girlfriend didn't say anything about you hunting down the "prostitute" you met at a party back in the village? "Gee, honey, it's nice she really works in a coffee shop and all but WHY did you find it necessary to go looking for her after everyone told you that she's a prostitute? SMACK!"

nasajsc - we were thinking the same thing at the same time. :D

No,she didn't....and i think she'd know better!

Wasn't hunting down anyone,i was told two things and i was in the area and wanted to see for myself :)

That's correct, I have an MBA from Monash Uni, and a PhD form Australian National University. I work in senior management

here for a multi-national on a full expat package. Any other questions you have?

Ya...with your MBA and PhD why do you ask stupid questions to obvious answers?

Ya...with your MBA and PhD why do you ask stupid questions to obvious answers?

for clarification, i know my wife would be a little upset if in the same situation, if i purposely went to meet

a rumored prostitute.

but besides the prostitute point, if a man goes to meet and chat with another girl, and that girl happens to

be pretty, the wife would generally be very jealous, especially here, where many girls seen quite aggressive

and have no issues stealing a married or attached man. i know my wife would be all over me, why did i go to

meet here, how long did i talk to her, what she said, etc, etc.

so to answer your question, i was after clarification on the motivations to seeing this girl, and if the gf knew...

but enough said, for someone who spends their time at nana and around pro's, you have answered all my

questions about yourself.

Edited by nasajsc

For a man with an MBA and a PhD you really are thick!!

Good point.

In fact he's an anonymous poster on an anonymous forum who claims he has those qualifications.

Next he'll be telling you he has a Thai Chinese wife from a wealthy and powerful family. :)

Good point.

In fact he's an anonymous poster on an anonymous forum who claims he has those qualifications.

Next he'll be telling you he has a Thai Chinese wife from a wealthy and powerful family. :)

Probably ex-SAS as well.

I am starting to feel very uncomfortable with the way this thread is going. The girl in question has every right to her privacy and should not be being 'checked out' by anybody. You won't stop the villagers gossiping, so forget it. God knows how many pervs that frequent this site are going to be stalking around the coffee shops in question trying to track this girl down, you are crossing the boundries and the Mods should wipe this thread. The gossiping is the subject of the thread, not conducting private investigations in to an innocent persons life.

There's two main problems in this part of the world (Isaan).

1. Lau Kao and the dysfunctional chaos it causes.

2. Divide and rule. They love to keep each other down and hate to see anyone break free and make even a moderate success of their lives.

Well, it's my experience of it anyway.

You have a very good point ther MJP. It's probably jealousy. Now she is able to stand on her own feet. They don't like that she don't depend on them anymore. They have lost the power over her. Lost face.

Good point.

Probably ex-SAS as well.

Retired SAS, now with MI5.........................................................With a ThaiChinese wife ........ who also has PHd's and MBA's gained from overseas universities.

He met her when he was training the US Special forces in anti anonymous forum abuse techniques. :D

I am starting to feel very uncomfortable with the way this thread is going. The girl in question has every right to her privacy and should not be being 'checked out' by anybody. You won't stop the villagers gossiping, so forget it. God knows how many pervs that frequent this site are going to be stalking around the coffee shops in question trying to track this girl down, you are crossing the boundries and the Mods should wipe this thread. The gossiping is the subject of the thread, not conducting private investigations in to an innocent persons life.

Ya..your right!

I was told two things,i knew there was something wrong so i followed it up (by chance i was in the area) to prove what the villagers said was untrue and

trying to make the point that they were wrong,but they didn't want to know :)

To the OP, your girlfriend didn't say anything about you hunting down the "prostitute" you met at a party back in the village? "Gee, honey, it's nice she really works in a coffee shop and all but WHY did you find it necessary to go looking for her after everyone told you that she's a prostitute? SMACK!"

nasajsc - we were thinking the same thing at the same time. :D

No,she didn't....and i think she'd know better!

Wasn't hunting down anyone,i was told two things and i was in the area and wanted to see for myself :)

You only wanted to know the truth, as far I can understand? I see nothing wrong with that. But there are some people here who like to twist things around, in the best way can.

Let them gossip. I have been married and lived here for five years. I have never been to my wifes village, Saraburi. What should I do there? They can go around up there and do what they like for me.

They are not allowed to visit me either. "I never visit you. You never visit me, OK?" I told them.

If they visit me, I divorce, and then my wife will not get my life insurance money or her widow pension when I die. If that's what they want, just come!

Edited by bellste

I told them If they visit me, I divorce, and then my wife will not get my life insurance money or her widow pension when I die. If that's what they want, just come!

So you're financially blackmailing your wife and you feel good about it ?

Ask her how she feels about it.

2. Divide and rule. They love to keep each other down and hate to see anyone break free and make even a moderate success of their lives.

Thats the same here in the UK. Probably the same all over the world. Just depends on who you choose to suround yourself with really. These people obviousley have inferiority issues and are not selfless. It's a real flaw in a persons character to see this.

babuhavas

If you are going to be pedantic concerning other people's posts, then you need to make sure your own are correct!

f (Capital F required at the start of a sentence)irst of all OP check your typing, (space required after a comma) lots of typing mistakes (Space required before the brackets) (not a big issue) :)

y (New sentence, capital 'Y' required) es thai (apostrophe required as in this case 'Thai' is possessive) s can't accept truth, (space required) it (Apostrophe required as It's is short for 'it is') s 1000000% (It is not mathematically possible to have more than 100% therefore 1000000% is both meaningless and nonsensical) nothing but the truth.

There is nothing grates me more on an internet forum than the spelling police.

Actually Thais doesn't need an apostrophe seeing as it's not the possessive it's the plural form.

Sorry to be pedantic about an opinion about not being pedantic about somebody being pedantic (or something like that) :D

Anyhow. On with the thread!

As my mum always said

" If they're gossiping about you then that at least means you're interesting enough to be gossiped about rather than boring like them "

In my experience, there is simply no way a village elder will accept being corrected by a mere farang. Way too much loss of face. If the OP was to pay for a private taxi, to take these folks to the coffe shop, to see for themselves, how this girl earns her living, they still wouldn't change their minds.

Perhaps the question behind the question, is that the OP is getting fed up with his girlfriend, ( another whose opinion he's failed to change), and is looking for pastures new.

Wake up and smell the coffee. :)

Don't you know that coffee shops and mcdonalds is where old sexpats send their girlfriends after taking them out of the bar? They do need a good backstory with proof that they are not bargirls..

Doesnt make sense that an uneducated village girl can speak a single word of english unless she's worked in a bar, even then.. why would she work a in coffee shop, theres better paying jobs for people with passable english

Ok not know about the maca`s thing BUT! i certainly don`t believe they have to be a bar girl to learn & speak english.

My wife & her friends learnt from pay tv within the factory they worked for many years (& yes have been there a few times invited & uninvited)

& yes i believe there is to much gossip in the vilages, just so much B***sh&t & lies & all trying to out do each other SO i told my wife I don`t need to know as i CAME HERE to get away from that :)

In my experience, there is simply no way a village elder will accept being corrected by a mere farang. Way too much loss of face. If the OP was to pay for a private taxi, to take these folks to the coffe shop, to see for themselves, how this girl earns her living, they still wouldn't change their minds.

I would concur 101% (sorry, my MA makes me vulnerable to using impossible statistical statements). I am also guilty of drinking a tall caramel macchiato within 300m of NEP.

Perhaps the question behind the question, is that the OP is getting fed up with his girlfriend, (another whose opinion he's failed to change), and is looking for pastures new.

The OP has already mentioned being uncomfortable with his current GF's inability to consider any other explanation; tantamount to calling the OP a liar. Bugger that IMHO! The last one that called me a liar was cut out of my Will within the day!

Wake up and smell the coffee. :)

And we all know EXACTLY who's coffee he should be sniffing don't we?!

Edited by NanLaew

Don't you know that coffee shops and mcdonalds is where old sexpats send their girlfriends after taking them out of the bar? They do need a good backstory with proof that they are not bargirls..

Doesnt make sense that an uneducated village girl can speak a single word of english unless she's worked in a bar, even then.. why would she work a in coffee shop, theres better paying jobs for people with passable english

Ok not know about the maca`s thing BUT! i certainly don`t believe they have to be a bar girl to learn & speak english.

My wife & her friends learnt from pay tv within the factory they worked for many years (& yes have been there a few times invited & uninvited)

& yes i believe there is to much gossip in the vilages, just so much B***sh&t & lies & all trying to out do each other SO i told my wife I don`t need to know as i CAME HERE to get away from that :)

If you knew the amount of people i have met here that told me their wife spoke english, and then i could not understand a single world of it.

5 word of english and a bunch of na's lao's and other thai noise.

Maybe your wife speaks english but most of the other's dont speak a single word..

Just my gf's friend, 5 guys i have met that stayed with her, all of them telling me about their deep conversation.. last one is 30 and marrying her after 1week.

SHE KNOWS 20 WORDS OF ENGLISH...

yoda says: big imagination, expats have

As my mum always said

" If they're gossiping about you then that at least means you're interesting enough to be gossiped about rather than boring like them "

I think I would really like your mom. She is/was an astute woman. That line of hers is so true. I don't worry about what others think. If I did I wouldn't post pictures and make fun of myself. But, I DO enjoy irritating a few self righteous, bigoted ones.

I thought it was obvious but i'll answer anyway........

People said she was a prostitute...she told me she worked in a famous coffee shop on sukhumvit,me being in the area thought i feel like a coffee and a look-see

:)

Thanks for clearing it up, by the way whats the famous coffee shop on sukhumvit? Theres a few starbucks

and coffee worlds, is it the one at the Marriott Hotel on Soi 1? delicious cakes there....

Famous coffee shop on Sukumvit, honestly the the first thing that came to my mind was the Thermae, but they don't wear uniforms there, at least standardized ones.

If you knew the amount of people i have met here that told me their wife spoke english, and then i could not understand a single world of it.

5 word of english and a bunch of na's lao's and other thai noise.

Maybe your wife speaks english but most of the other's dont speak a single word..

Just my gf's friend, 5 guys i have met that stayed with her, all of them telling me about their deep conversation.. last one is 30 and marrying her after 1week.

SHE KNOWS 20 WORDS OF ENGLISH...

yoda says: big imagination, expats have

This is so true.

There's two main problems in this part of the world (Isaan).

1. Lau Kao and the dysfunctional chaos it causes.

Well, it's my experience of it anyway.

You have a very good point ther MJP. It's probably jealousy. Now she is able to stand on her own feet. They don't like that she don't depend on them anymore. They have lost the power over her. Lost face.

If they could just get rid of the Lao Kao in this part of the world, everything would come right for these folks. It's central to the problems.