Youtube

lannarebirth

For the past several days I have been unable to use YouTube and all imbedded YouTube clips here just appear as white boxes. When I try to play a video at the YouTube site I get " Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. " OK, so I dowloaded the flash player, which turns out to be the one I already had installed. So, how do I turn on Javascript, assuming that's the problem? I'm using the MS XP operating system and IE7. Thanks to any kind hearted techies for a helpful response.

OK, so I found a site that showed me how to enable Javascript. Turns out it was already enabled. So now what?

http://www.geekpolice.net/tutorials-guides...lorer-t6491.htm

Something funny about the ThaiVisa icon in my tabbed browser too. It's flashing all the time and started about the same time this Youtube issue came about. And my cursor is flashy too. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Happened to me too, same problem. I tried to download new flash player, still didnt work. I went to my local Com Guy, he sorted in 2 minutes. the problem is a virus in cookies, he just deleted all cookies and temp files. Works now

Something funny about the ThaiVisa icon in my tabbed browser too. It's flashing all the time and started about the same time this Youtube issue came about.

The ThaiVisa "favicon" flickering also happens to me as well whilst using IE7. I don't have any problems viewing YouTube videos though.

Try uninstalling Flash Player through the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. You may see two entries; uninstall both.

Then download and re-install using the stand-alone installers below:

Download Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Download Adobe Flash Player for other browsers (Firefox, Safari, Opera)

Happened to me too, same problem. I tried to download new flash player, still didnt work. I went to my local Com Guy, he sorted in 2 minutes. the problem is a virus in cookies, he just deleted all cookies and temp files. Works now

Well, that was one of the problems, thank you very much. I can now bring up the Youtube site instantly and everything there appears normal, except I can't load any videos. I get an "error occured try again later" response. I now expect it's flash player. But thank you, that was progress.

Something funny about the ThaiVisa icon in my tabbed browser too. It's flashing all the time and started about the same time this Youtube issue came about.

The ThaiVisa "favicon" flickering also happens to me as well whilst using IE7. I don't have any problems viewing YouTube videos though.

Try uninstalling Flash Player through the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. You may see two entries; uninstall both.

Then download and re-install using the stand-alone installers below:

Download Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Download Adobe Flash Player for other browsers (Firefox, Safari, Opera)

I did that too, thank you. Here's my issue now. It says they're installed by I don't see any file size next to it like every other piece of software so I don't think it installed even though it says it did. Frustrating. Will try again tomorrow. I think I'm close now thanks to the help provided here. Thank You very much.

Here's my issue now. It says they're installed by I don't see any file size next to it like every other piece of software so I don't think it installed even though it says it did. Frustrating. Will try again tomorrow. I think I'm close now thanks to the help provided here. Thank You very much.

It's installed alright... I have the same thing (no file size):

progscrn.png

Here's my issue now. It says they're installed by I don't see any file size next to it like every other piece of software so I don't think it installed even though it says it did. Frustrating. Will try again tomorrow. I think I'm close now thanks to the help provided here. Thank You very much.

It's installed alright... I have the same thing (no file size):

progscrn.png

Ok, so now I'm really perplexed. Here's what I see on a ThaiVisa post with an embedded YouTube clip:

post-25601-1264272664_thumb.png

Can you view Flash content on other sites? Click here to run a quick test. (see also: Troubleshoot Flash Player)

When you re-install Flash using the stand-alone installer, make sure all browser windows are closed.

Also scan your computer for malware, if you haven't already done so.

^ This may seem a bit far-fetched, but you never know what might be lurking in the shadows... Better to be safe than sorry.

Can you view Flash content on other sites? Click here to run a quick test. (see also: Troubleshoot Flash Player)

When you re-install Flash using the stand-alone installer, make sure all browser windows are closed.

Also scan your computer for malware, if you haven't already done so.

^ This may seem a bit far-fetched, but you never know what might be lurking in the shadows... Better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, I could see the flash video at that site and I did run a malware program and anti-virus and I did the troubleshooting site but saw nothing tht addressed my problem specifically. I'm beginning to think it's a YouTube specific problem. Thanks so much for your time and effort.

Edited by lannarebirth

I suspect it may also have something to do with your ISP? Meaning you could access YouTube (the main site) but not the YouTube cache servers. Not being able to access the cache servers could very well be the reason why you're unable to view videos.

I've been watching videos on YouTube for the past hour or so without any problems.

Edited by Supernova

I suspect it may also have something to do with your ISP? Meaning you could access YouTube (the main site) but not the YouTube cache servers. Not being able to access the cache servers could very well be the reason why you're unable to view videos.

I've been watching videos on YouTube for the past hour or so without any problems.

Thanks, hadn't thought of that. I'll contact them tomorrow. Really appreciate your help and advice.