Bam!

Pudgimelon

I'm thinking he didn't have a license myself, driving illegally, gets into a crash, claims he wasn't driving, and the other guy takes the blame and pays out, and then comes on a forum to praise the other guys honesty but learns nothing from it.

I wish it was something else but Pudgie was just here and his lack of response is spelling GUILTY in my eyes.

Not denying that there are instances of 'blame the farang', but in my experience when with other farangs, being a westerner does help.

There have been one or two times that I have been an intermediary where the police were very, very keen to do things by the book and above board to ensure that they didn't even have the appearance of being biased or corrupt.

At other times, authority actually gives the benefit of the doubt to the farang. Eg. "the farang didn't know....can't be too tough on him...let him off with a warning" or "he is a farang, he has been taught to always follow the rules in his own country, so therefore he can't have done anything wrong"

Of course this is just my experience, and I am sure some of you may disagree.

polite farangs experience this every day!

samran, you are so right! Patex

So I'm backing out of my driveway Saturday, and I stop for a brief moment to shift into Drive and fiddle with the radio.  Suddenly,

WHAM!

So you didn't notice anything from looking out the window or through sound until he hit you? And you only stopped for a few seconds/a brief moment?

What happened was that in the few seconds that I paused on the soi, my neighbor decided to jump into his truck and race backwards out of the soi WITHOUT LOOKING.

You seem to know a lot about the movements of the neighbour jumping into the truck, but didn't notice him hurtling towards you at high speed?

My wife told the insurance guy that she was driving

why so quick to lie I wonder?

So this has nothing to do with me being a farang (I wasn't even there when he came by)

Where was you then? He must've seen you in the car immediately after the incident when he got out of his vechile to check the damage?

Hmm, something smells dodgy round here. :o

Edited by bkkmadness

I'm thinking he didn't have a license myself, driving illegally, gets into a crash, claims he wasn't driving, and the other guy takes the blame and pays out,  and then comes on a forum to praise the other guys honesty but learns nothing from it.

I wish it was something else but Pudgie was just here and his lack of response is spelling GUILTY in my eyes.

Bkkmadness, you are obviously flame-baiting and you're also the reason the thread disappeared briefly since the mods obviously felt your posts needed trimming.

I post about a car wreck and gave an opinion about what I think is a whacked assessment by the insurance agent, and your replies have all been groundless accusations and hostile name-calling.

Any particular reason you're flinging so much vitriol my way? Did I piss you off recently? Are you an alias for one of my many fanboy forum-stalkers? Or are you just bored and trying to pick a fight??

My lack of response to your baseless suppositions doesn't spell "guilty", it just means that I'm refusing to take your bait.

Go troll for flames elsewhere, OK?

Oh, and in case you are wondering, I have a perfectly valid Thai driver's license, I never attempted to "lay the blame" on anyone else (there was no need for me to do that since I wasn't at fault), and it was my NEIGHBOR who suggested that my wife tell the insurance agent that she was driving, since he felt it might make the claims process go quicker (since it is her car).

My neighbor is an old friend of the family, and he was just sincerely giving my wife advice that he felt was going to be helpful to her. That's also how I know what my neighbor was doing while I was fiddling with my radio (he told my wife that he just jumped in his truck and drove backwards without looking, and he felt mighty stupid about it too).

I didn't bother to get involved with the discussion with the neighbor or the assessment with the insurance agent since I was too busy dealing with a HEADACHE caused by my head being slammed against the door. I was just chilling in back while all the talking was going on.

So next time you feel like calling someone a liar and an illegal driver, you might want to ASK them politely what happened first, so you can get your facts straight before you go on any tirades.

Otherwise, you might look a bit foolish in the end.

Pudgimelon, bkkmadness, please...

What ever differences you may (or may not) have, please take it to PM's lest you loose this thread indefinately...

Just a polite call to pull this thread back on topic, thanks guys, appreciate your co-operation.

So I'm backing out of my driveway Saturday, and I stop for a brief moment to shift into Drive and fiddle with the radio.  Suddenly,

WHAM!

So you didn't notice anything from looking out the window or through sound until he hit you? And you only stopped for a few seconds/a brief moment?

What happened was that in the few seconds that I paused on the soi, my neighbor decided to jump into his truck and race backwards out of the soi WITHOUT LOOKING.

You seem to know a lot about the movements of the neighbour jumping into the truck, but didn't notice him hurtling towards you at high speed?

My wife told the insurance guy that she was driving

why so quick to lie I wonder?

So this has nothing to do with me being a farang (I wasn't even there when he came by)

Where was you then? He must've seen you in the car immediately after the incident when he got out of his vechile to check the damage?

Hmm, something smells dodgy round here. :o

It sounds very odd if you ask me, :D and also lying!! actually your wife was going to take the fall for both parties involved. Give me a break, I would never let my wife do that and tell the insurance guy what happend. In the end you were blocking to road regardless if it is a dead end street. Maybe next time fiddle with the radio and such before you begin your trek.

Your probably going to get upset at me next but it's OK Dude. :D

Edited by DragonLad

I've had a very similar experience, with a similar result.

Reversing from a parking space (on the public road).

Saw a vehicle approaching (forwards).

I stopped about 5 feet out, there was plenty of room behind me and no other traffic.

He drove into me at about 10mph, crunch :D

He was moving slowly so I'm 99% certain he was not looking where he was going (searching out a shop?).

Police attended, my fault even though I had seen him and was stopped when hit. :o

Apparently it was my fault because I had reverse engaged at the time of impact (even though I was stopped), if I had knocked it into neutral when I stopped --- his fault --- go figure :D

Comp. insurance paid up anyway. :D

TiT

Well, Pudg, I think that you've been excoriated sufficiently for your lack of driving skills, and the fact that you tried to defraud the insurance company. On the lighter side, the best "backing-up-into-a-lane-of-traffic" movie has to be "Tin Men". I suggest you watch that, take driving lessons, and learn the difference between right and wrong. Cheers!

You are a farang, you were there...it is your fault irrespective of who was driving.

If you had stayed in your own country, married a girl from your country then this accident would have happened in your own country not in Thailand.

See it is your fault....Thai logic......unbeatable.

:D  :D

TOTALLY DISAGREE. NEVER BEEN IN THE WRONG IN AN ACCIDENT IN THAILAND AND I HAVE HAD ONE CRASH WITH A BUS, ONE WITH A COCA COLA TRUCK AND ANOTHER FEW MINOR SCRAPES. I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE IN THAT IT WAS OBVIOUS WHO WAS RIGHT AND WHO WAS WRONG BUT THE THAI WITNESSES AND POLICE HAVE ALWAYS DECLARED THE OTHER PARTY TO BE IN THE WRONG.

TO SAY THAT IF YOU HAD STAYED IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN HERE, THEN THE ACCIDENT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IS NOT THAI LOGIC MATE - IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN 10 YEARS AGO BUT NOT NOW.

:o

did you see the :D:D at the end of the post......it means it is not a serious post but a bit of humour meant. Loosen up a bit mate and DONT f****** SHOUT AT ME!! :D:D

I HAVE HAD ONE CRASH WITH A BUS, ONE WITH A COCA COLA TRUCK AND ANOTHER FEW MINOR SCRAPES.

Ever thought about taking a bit more water with your tipple?

Never know, might improve your driving techniques.

Edited by maerim