Changing A File Type

rodcourt49

Computer learner Grade 1.

I am asking whether a file can be changed so as I can include it in my eBay Description page.

I have 'saved' some pics from a web-site (with permission) to MY PICS..these files are either PNG or GIF.

I wish to use them in my Description Page on eBay and by doing that I have done my wording in WORD and have it ready to upload into eBay.

To include a picture gallery in the Description Page on eBay I use another provider called JPEGBAY.COM.

I must first make a 'gallery' in JPEGBAY and then upload that in 'html' to eBay.

JPEGBAY flashes me saying the file 'must be a JPG File'.

How can I change these files from PNG and GIF to a JPG Filke..can it be done or how do I get around this please?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

ROD.

• 2 weeks later...

all good replies above.

The answer is that you have to convert your pics using any decent photo program. When the pic is open, choose 'save as' and then you should have a drop-down list in the save box which allows you to choose a file-type.

Also, watch the resolution of the pics. If you have gotten them in a hi-res format such as from a good camera, then the size may be very large. You can scale the pics or select different resolutions in the save settings of most programs as well.

Good luck