Halfmoon Party Entrance 500thb

I was shocked yesterday when I went to visit the Halfmoon-Party on KP. They ask now 500THB

entrance fee. Before it was 300THB for foreigners and 100THB for Thais.

Apart from the fact that the new pricing structure on entrance fees sets an end to racial discrimination

I find it extremely greedy. Same as me many visitors (most of them Thai) could not accept this kind

of price jump and refused to go in.

For me its clear: no FM or HM party anymore unless entrance fees are getting acceptable again.

I am happy to pay 250THB entrance for every party and it does not need to include a free drink

but everything above is pure extortion.

it only needs a calculator to find out what kind of profit a HM party is generating every 2 weeks

with the old pricing on entrance. with the new entrance fee prices the organisation should be able

to found their own bank here in about one or two years time. ...or will buy half of the island.

...or the moon!!!

This is the Thai way of looking at business

Less party goer's means to increase the price to make up for the loss

Their logic is quite illogical

They should offer specials and discounts to attact more people, instead they raise the price to those they already attracted

I have said this a million times, Thailand in many areas is suffering financially and we will see all kinds of these types if increase as people try to maintain the same cash flow

with half as many tourists

I heard from someone who went to the last half moon that the charge was 500 because they had some special DJ in for the one night. apparently that isnt' the case after all.

It was the 8th anniversary of the meanwhile world famous party event. Incl. live bands and a CD and also others. And I guess the reason are fare more complex regarding this price. I just remeber the last year's media about the island.

Btw, there is already an effect of a little peak (like the big peak, the fullmoon) to see her on the island. I guess also the party "space" will be soon to small, due to it's raising popularity by the real party goer's. ;-)

Fullmoon is more a "Ballermann Scene"

I heard from someone who went to the last half moon that the charge was 500 because they had some special DJ in for the one night. apparently that isnt' the case after all.

It was the 8th anniversary of the meanwhile world famous party event. Incl. live bands and a CD and also others. And I guess the reason are fare more complex regarding this price. I just remeber the last year's media about the island.

Btw, there is already an effect of a little peak (like the big peak, the fullmoon) to see her on the island. I guess also the party "space" will be soon to small, due to it's raising popularity by the real party goer's. ;-)

On some beaches before the huts were replaced with top end hotels. Great memories. :)

On some beaches before the huts were replaced with top end hotels. Great memories. :D

This type of entertainment has been going on, around these islands, well before the 5 star hotels, wellbeing spas (whatever they are? :D ) and retirement homes appeared! :)

1. I am shocked that still so many people pay whatever price is asked, supporting this kind of nightly terror and anarchy. Wish they'd charge you 1000 Baht!

2. After puyai baan (head of Bantai / Kpg), villagers and party organizers had an agreement last year on 1 event / party / month, which is totally ignored since this highseason, the guys in brown might have seen a chance for a massive hike in their financial participation.

3. Thanks to all of you partypeople, keeping my family, especially my two young daughters awake for so many nights.

Party - no problem, but not open air (!!!), keeping all the village of Bantai / Phangan and now also Lamai & Chaweng sleepless!

Being a holiday island isn't a permit for terrorize us so many nights!

1. I am shocked that still so many people pay whatever price is asked, supporting this kind of nightly terror and anarchy. Wish they'd charge you 1000 Baht!

2. After puyai baan (head of Bantai / Kpg), villagers and party organizers had an agreement last year on 1 event / party / month, which is totally ignored since this highseason, the guys in brown might have seen a chance for a massive hike in their financial participation.

3. Thanks to all of you partypeople, keeping my family, especially my two young daughters awake for so many nights.

Party - no problem, but not open air (!!!), keeping all the village of Bantai / Phangan and now also Lamai & Chaweng sleepless!

1. Terror and anarchy??? :D Nothing like understatement to get your point of view across. :)

2.TITS. This Is Thailand. Get used to it.

3. Two young daughters??????????????????? MOVE! :D

Chaweng is not sleepless! I live here! Nor is Lamai. I have many friends who live all round the island and it's only the "I'm retired and you must change" brigade who moan!

Again, if you feel terrorised, why the hel_l are you here? MOVE :D

You people should get out more and live and let live.....

And get a life.

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed. Rooo.

1. Terror and anarchy??? :D Nothing like understatement to get your point of view across. :)

Chaweng is not sleepless! I live here! Nor is Lamai. I have many friends who live all round the island and it's only the "I'm retired and you must change" brigade who moan!

And get a life.

completely disagree with the member of of the criminal motorcycle gang there :D

that's sound for me like buying "cheap" land near an international airport and later running to stop the traffic.

As mentioned in another post, it was always a party island and the "additional" party's are almost all in Ban Tai area since 8 years!!

There are many quiet places on this island still.

And get a life.

Cheers screamingeagle, I love these kinds of posts. So sensible, so informed :D

Just as an FYI tho screamingeagle, I am guessing partygirl lives in or near Ban Neua on Koh Phangan. A residential area that is more than 99% Thai. All of them local, born and raised. And most of whom are opposed to the parties in their neighborhood and who signed petition after petition to have it stopped even going so far as to send one to the Governor of the province.

But hey, maybe those stupid local people who have lived there for generations should get a life and move on too?

Neverending problem of the parties in KPG.

I agree, we should have a better ruling of the parties. Now a few more: paradise waterfall 2/3 days, something in the jungle on the way to TNP, and the usual suspects: Half, black, Shiva, Jungle.

But the BIBs are happy for the fat cut they have on the tickets and on the other business...

So is difficult something is going to change soon.

The local government and the Surathani one seem without power against a bunch of party organizers.

We'll see.

Forget several Baan Sabai after party and a few minors.

Edited by angiud

And get a life.

Cheers screamingeagle, I love these kinds of posts. So sensible, so informed :D

Just as an FYI tho screamingeagle, I am guessing partygirl lives in or near Ban Neua on Koh Phangan. A residential area that is more than 99% Thai. All of them local, born and raised. And most of whom are opposed to the parties in their neighborhood and who signed petition after petition to have it stopped even going so far as to send one to the Governor of the province.

But hey, maybe those stupid local people who have lived there for generations should get a life and move on too?

You miss my point. Is partygirl renting? If so, she should have done some research and rented where her kids, and possibly her (she's a party girl after all), could get a good night's sleep. Renting? Not so difficult to move.

Has she retired and bought property? Probably not (I could be wrong :D ). Again, do the research and buy nowhere near loud speaker range in Hat Rin on KPK!

All I'm saying is you really can't complain about what's going on here. If you don't like it, move. The Full Moon parties have been a regular event since the Eighties.... It made a lot of local Thais on KPK wealthy. If they really wanted to stop it, they would have.

The Half Moon Party is nowhere near the full moon party and the full moon party was started in an area which was already a business zone at the time. Your reasoning is flawed and based on what appears to be fairly limited knowledge of Koh Phangan.

a post in my FB, yesterday regarding party's in BAN TAI

"16th Feb - SPECIAL CHARITY PARTY will be organised in the Jungle Experience area - ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED to the local community groups to provide better services for poor children and the elderly people in Baantai. This event is a collaboration by all the party organizers in Baantai to give something back to our local people. PLEASE COME AND SUPPORT OUR CAUSE!

Charity event is sponsored by Jungle experience, Half moon, Blackmoon Culture, Shiva Moon, Baan Sabai, Vuuv Experience, Mac Bay resort, Anahata, Kai Bar Haad Thian, Good hope Resort Haad yuan, Thongka Village, the Mayor of Koh Phangan the village leaders of moo 2 and moo 3"

@OP: 300 baht buy 6 beers @ happy hours at the beach .... close enough to the trendy places... 100.- for the miss' buys 8 - now you can have ten....!

Go and figure!

Those who "need" it, to post the pictures taken - on facebook - will pay, what do 10 Euro buy back home?!

All I'm saying is you really can't complain about what's going on here. If you don't like it, move.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla Hey you not happy hein ?? You go back your country you na! Here my country me na ! You not speak ok?

Me can tell you what me want . Now you go your country you ! You baa. My motorbike me not noisy ! My frend me police no problem !

Ah la la ! Sometimes i miss school when i was 4 years old....

a post in my FB, yesterday regarding party's in BAN TAI

"16th Feb - SPECIAL CHARITY PARTY will be organised in the Jungle Experience area - ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED to ...

Hey Ham,

i got a post tomorrow it will rain fried chicken over koh phangan!

Keep on dreaming.

Screamingeagle, i wasn't talking at all about FMP and Haadrin. I am talking about the nightly sound terror in and around our village, keeping hundreds of villagers, living there for generations, (incl. my family) sleepless every second or third night!

Actually it would be a wonderful solution to move and concentrate all these drug- and alcohol excesses to Haadrin, keeping at least our residential areas clean (drugs) and safe.

All I'm saying is you really can't complain about what's going on here. If you don't like it, move.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla Hey you not happy hein ?? You go back your country you na! Here my country me na ! You not speak ok?

Me can tell you what me want . Now you go your country you ! You baa. My motorbike me not noisy ! My frend me police no problem !

Ah la la ! Sometimes i miss school when i was 4 years old....

:):D:D

I AM THAI, I AM BUDDHIST!

Why are you so angry?

I AM NOT ANGRYYY!!!

What is your problem?

I GONNA HIT YOU!

ok, hit me!

YOU ARE SUCH AN IDIOT!

Why?

YOUR ENGLISH IS SO BAD!

:D:D:D

The "Live-Bands" were Moscowfish who is playing on nearly any HM-Party (very recommendable by the way)

and a Blues-Combo from Samui. I can finance both acts for the birthday party of my kids....

My resume on the KP party scene: it's XXXXXX! Real party goers here are dinasours who missed the signs of the

time and mainstream tourists who are looking for the unsuspect after calm days on the beach. Or drunken pissheads

which you'll find on any party worldwide.

If you try to scan the FM party community on the web as it still was 3-4 years ago, you find out they just disappear slowly but safely.

The so to say "Ballermann Image" for FM party is already around and the most people I have spoken over the last years are

heavily disappointed by the poor organisation and very reduced fun factor for "real party goers".

well, FM party is the most important economical event on KP. without it, it would not be possible for KP kids to sell Paracetamol

tablets as XTC for 800THB each. it would not be possible to generate so much money every month to make FM businesses pay

back their bank depts (up to 650.000THB/month - guess who?).

On the other hand I have problems to understand why one would be fighting against a culture which has been established since

decades already? I am quite sure that the KP party scene will fade out slowly and in about 5 years there might be only a fraction

of parties but with a potential chance of being as good as in good old old times. I also could be wrong and FM and HM party will

exist forever, displaying the taste of the potential audience.

"Zohombie, Zohombie, Zohombie-ie-ie"

The one in hadrin perhaps has been a "culture" (sorry but what a ridiculous word for this) for a bit under 20 years but Hadrin has never been a full fledged residential community. Even before tourists only a very small handlful of families lived there and it has essentially been a business area for more than 20 years.

But a party "culture" has not existed outside of Hadrin until started up in the past 5 years or so, much to the dismay of every single local Thai person living in the Ban Tai area. Its a residential area and not a business zone.