Thai Tvs

yabaaaa

Even if it did I doubt it is worth bringing. Prices in the UK much less for the same

Just Bought a New samsung 100 Hz Full HD series 6. 32 " £549 in the UK 50 Hz are cheaper, Larger screens not a lot more

Sell it in Thailand and buy a new one in the Uk

Even if it did I doubt it is worth bringing. Prices in the UK much less for the same

Just Bought a New samsung 100 Hz Full HD series 6. 32 " £549 in the UK 50 Hz are cheaper, Larger screens not a lot more

Sell it in Thailand and buy a new one in the Uk

Oh dear, people always try and interpret reasons. I own quite a few condos in Bangkok and they all have an lcd tv in, some are now 3 years old and quite small 20".

I will change one for a 32" model. My Dad here in the Uk just called me said he wants to buy a new tv for my Mother to put in the conservatory he only wants a small one so i told him dont bother I have one in Thailand I can bring back and he could have it for free. They are both pensioners and arent rich. I can get 50kg luggage allowance with Emirates when I fly business class. My bags are always empty as I spend 2-3 months in Thailand and then 3 -4 months in the Uk.I dont need to bring anything really when i come so I have the room.

However I didnt want to post all this I just wanted to know if it would work in the UK..

Thanks to the other poster for his answer.

Thailand uses PAL tv system which is the same also.

You will have problems.

Thailand uses PAL-B and the UK PAL-G.

You many only see a picture, but no sound.

Watch out for the customs man who will want 17% VAT

• 1 year later...

Found this old thread, which covers a question I was going to ask.

Did the OP, or anyone else, definitely find out if a Thai TV would work in UK without hassle?

(We've a container of stuff going back, so the price issue isn't relevant - I have container space, so may as well use it!)

Slightly off topic, but reminds me of the supposedly true story of a little old lady in the UK, who one night had a knock on her front door from the TV Licence authorities, enquiring did she have the required TV licence.

Quick as a flash she answered she did not and would refuse to buy one as she had deliberately purchased a Sony TV and was unable to view Japanese channels and, in her opinion had been cheated by the seller.

Don't forget that analogue TV will cease to exist in the UK in 2012, so you'll need a set-top-box to get Freeview. This will negate the PAL B/G/I issue as the audio is on separate leads but is of course extra cost.