Cell Phone Batteries

Valentine

Usually when I buy new cell phone I check the battery to see if it is a genuine one from the manufacturer but in reality I have no clue if it is genuine or not. I know Nokia have the hologram on their ones. I worry about unscrupulous vendors replacing good genuine batteries, which they can sell, with fake ones. The serious side of this is that fake ones can blow up as I saw on a documentary the other day. One Chinese manufacturer of fake batteries openly admitted deliberatley not adding a component to the battery to save money & stated they can swell if overcharged. An independent test showed this swelling before the battery exploded.

On the same show some fake Peugeot brake parts were taken to the producer of the genuine ones & they could not tell the difference other than to say the fake ones make more noise which highlights that fake products will continue to get harder to spot.

Yes, I see many spare batteries and parts for sale at Tukcom shops, with assorted brands, Nokia, samsung etc. written on the product packaging but just a generic battery brand. (No brand name on printed on the battery). I wonder if these are the ones which will explode or overheat as well; how safe it is to use them. Any ideas?