Vote In The Thaivisa Photo Contest

filingaccount

I like the idea, but the low poll figures might have more to do with irritating layout than with the quality of the photography.

Why not have the photos bigger instead of having to click on them all separately to see them fullsize.

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, I have now gone through them and I take that back. Most of them are rubbish.

I voted for The Kwai Bridge photo.

Edited by sharecropper

I like the idea, but the low poll figures might have more to do with irritating layout than with the quality of the photography.

Why not have the photos bigger instead of having to click on them all separately to see them fullsize.

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, I have now gone through them and I take that back. Most of them are rubbish.

I voted for The Kwai Bridge photo.

Yes, the format is terrible almost making the voting useless. The first problem is as you noted, there's no easy way to go through all the photos to view and vote full sized.

The second problem is that they sort the photos based on current rating. This definitely skews the results.

And the final problem relates to the second in that I even know the current ratings. The voting should be blind and the order of the photos should be random.

Moany of these photos were not even in focus leading me to believe they were taken with camera phones.

The Kwai Bridge photo is lovely though. Some nice entries there. I'd be tempted just to stick them all in one thread and then have people vote for their top three- three points to your first pick, second points to your second, one to your third- that's the way I've seen it done on other forums and it works quite well. Anyway, you weren't asking for opinions, just votes, so I've voted..! :)