Travel Agent Bangkok

geomag

Hi,

I'm looking for flights to go back to the UK for the British summer (leave the Thai rain to head to the British rain). Does anyone know a reliable travel agent in Bangkok that they have used who might be good at finding the best deals around?

Cheers,

Geoff.

Thai friend uses http://flight.tvairbookings.com/TVAirWeb/index.aspx?lang=en

for years says there the best..

Sent them an email yesterday, they replied within 30 mins.

I always thought they were good, I called into one of their branches a couple of weeks ago to book flights for Singapore, I was particularly interested in the Cathay Pacific flights. They told me the dates I wanted were completely sold out and tried to sell me Singapore Airlines and Thai flights at almost double the price. Thought I would check with the Cathay website, the cheap fare was available and booked within a couple of minutes.

I'm sure, as with a lot of companies, the service is hit and miss and dependent on who you deal with, and whilst I am glad you and your friend have had good experiences, it certainly pays to check what you are being told.

Thai friend uses http://flight.tvairbookings.com/TVAirWeb/index.aspx?lang=en

for years says there the best..

Sent them an email yesterday, they replied within 30 mins.

I always thought they were good, I called into one of their branches a couple of weeks ago to book flights for Singapore, I was particularly interested in the Cathay Pacific flights. They told me the dates I wanted were completely sold out and tried to sell me Singapore Airlines and Thai flights at almost double the price. Thought I would check with the Cathay website, the cheap fare was available and booked within a couple of minutes.

I'm sure, as with a lot of companies, the service is hit and miss and dependent on who you deal with, and whilst I am glad you and your friend have had good experiences, it certainly pays to check what you are being told.

Yes for sure, I have 4 Travel Companies looking for a discounted seat for end of March.

From what I understand is the same here as the UK.. Travel Agents get xx amount of discount seats each month from the airlines, so try another travel agent they may still have a/some seat left at the discount..

In UK you could go into a branch of a big travel agent and they would search there Company and tell you all the cheap/discounted seat are sold out, you leave walk 2 doors down and find that travel agent has seat left.

• 2 weeks later...

My experience so far with these travel agents, is it's like they don't care if they have no business.

I emailed a load of TA and got nothing back (including talking to one on the phone who gave me her email)

I managed to make a reservation through a phone call. They sent me an email, only to find I have two days to purchase the ticket .

I emailed back and asked if I could have a couple more days (for when I am in BKK) and nothing back.