Learner Driver

binnsy

I want to learn to drive If I have someone sitting beside me who has a licence am i allowed to drive on the roads?

Do I have to get some kind of paper work stating that i am a learner to show to the police if stopped(not baht)

Thanks

Not sure where you are located, but here in Pattaya they have driving schools that are pretty cheap. I would do that first. You really need to be a good driver here as most are not...and they are very aggressive. As stated above, as a farang, you really need good insurance!

Interesting question....Dont think Thailand has a learners license per se, as the 1 year variety doesn't restrict you ie you have a "provisional" 1 year DL prior to getting the 5 year, but thats all, its doesnt require you to drive with someone who has a 5 year license. So technically speaking someone who is learning to drive on the road is driving illegally...!!!, but suppose it sets the tone for the rest of someones driving career in Thailand...even in learning to drive you are doing something illegal...LOL

Interesting question....Dont think Thailand has a learners license per se, as the 1 year variety doesn't restrict you ie you have a "provisional" 1 year DL prior to getting the 5 year, but thats all, its doesnt require you to drive with someone who has a 5 year license. So technically speaking someone who is learning to drive on the road is driving illegally...!!!, but suppose it sets the tone for the rest of someones driving career in Thailand...even in learning to drive you are doing something illegal...LOL