Sb / Winner / Koncept / Index

CWMcMurray

I will be purchasing quite a bit of furniture shortly and have been looking around at some of the Furniture chains and was hoping to get a little feed back from folks...

Is there really much difference in terms of quality between the major chain stores or is it just a difference in cost? From looking around, it all seems to be about the same ???

I would be willing to pay upto SB prices but not much more than that. (but if quality is the same then I don;t want to waste money)

1. SB Furiniture - Seems to be the highest priced in the group (is it really worth the extra cost???)

2. Index Living Mall - Next highest priced

3. Koncept - Priced in the middle

4. Winner - Lowest price (in my opinion, some of the items here do look a little less sturdy)

Would appreciate any comments you may have or alternatives to the chains if you have them (in BKK, close to the new airport)

Edited by CWMcMurray

We got most of our stuff from Koncept, mid-price, mid-quality (and the lady manager of our local store is cute :D ). Not had any issues apart from the odd bit missing (soon fixed with a call and visit to the store), and they'll build it for you for free if you want (I actually enjoy putting these things together myself).

I looked at the Index stuff and it seemed cheap and nasty, the samples were not well assembled either. :)

All overpriced crap, that may last 5 years.

Try the following 2 locations,

Seacon Square on Srinakarin rd, 4th floor has a few smaller independent stores selling quality furniture as well as the names listed.

The Mall Bang Kapi, again on the 4th floor, same as above.

Most of the furniture in the house was bought from an independent store, S&C or S&J, something like that, you will recognize the store as the quality is way better than the stores mentioned, even to the untrained eye.

I just bought a lot of stuff from SB. The quality is way higher than the other stores. Check the sofa's with imported leather. Very nice. For some things there are some cool independents on the 4th floor at siam Discovery. Young thai designers. not stupidly priced.

I bought some very cool solid rubberwood and Perspex chairs for the dining table at 7,900 each. And got 20%. A bit more than SB but very funky and you won't see too many of them