New Construction's Pics

bobchaithebuilder

Are you asking for a vote of confidence in the method of construction or the workmanship, either way my vote is for "bad" unless of course you are building a chicken coup and even then I would still vote "bad"

You are lucky they use a level. Our first project I had to show them with a 1/2 bottle of rum that the floor wasn't close(tile) to being level. I bought a level as a gift for the contractor & he had no clue what to do with it. Or a t-square. Next house I will be working with the crew on the pour & other portions (not to save a buck or kill time) but I will make dam_n sure that they can do the job properly. I used to build in the U.S. but being realistic I don't expect a western job for the level of pay they get.

It doesn't look like it has a raised floor on the structure. I would make sure if it is as such to put all pipes in a larger diameter pipe so when you have problems (hopefully many years later) you can cut & pull the pvc through the larger(conduit style tubing)

I put the 1/2 " & 3/4" in 4" pipes so I can break off or saw the pipe & just put an elbow on the ends & stub up the next run to the area. whatever you do don't let the contractor entomb your water lines in concrete without having access to them . Common mistake made in Thailand .Among many. and when it comes to the bathrooms make sure the toilet pipes(usually 4") are straight runs & not a series of 90 degree turns as I have seen this nightmare done as well( not on mine I did all the plumbing & have had zero problems) I only wish when I did the septic I would have done it before they built so I could supervise the work & catch all the shortcuts & make sure the dam_n house was square. I was irritated as well as motivated to do all the plumbing into the house & septic before they start & will be having the electrical engineer pull the underground cabling before the structure goes upon the real house. the first one was a test run. This will be the one we live in & the back house will be for guests.

Good luck it is always an adventure building in Thailand.

Edited by Beardog

unless of course you are building a chicken coup

Why not, can't be worse than all the military coups the country's had.

Too much reading of military coups and not paying attention to chicken coops.