Schools In Phitsanulok

wittleus

I have yet to meet other westerners who actually live in Phitsanulok and I will try to get out to some of watering holes described in another post and meet some of you folks.

But for now, I am looking for recommendations for good schools in Phitsanulok. Have three Thai stepkids here and I have already taken them out of state school system and put them into one of the private schools--but I wouild like to do better.

I think the English programs and the other subjects which take years to teach, like math and even Thai are pretty bad, largely because in the lower grades, they are babysitting rather than teaching with student/teacher ratios of 50:1). As you get to the higher grades and the specific subjects (i.e., those which do not require 4,5,6 years preparing a base of knowledge) such as physics, chemistry, etc. the instruction level greatly improves. This is also probably because by 10, 11, and 12th grade (maw 4,5,6) most of the student who don't care are already out of school.

Anyway, I would like any suggestions to improve this situation, any schools you might recommend. At this point, I will say that price is not an issue, but again, depending on the price it might be if it is truly outrageous. I think this subject might require some discussion so if you have input, please PM me, I will pass on my phone number here in Phitlok and we can either speak on the phone or meet in a watering hole or smoke-filled ######-hole of your choice.

• 4 years later...
Teeratada is quite popular. I've also heard of one called PLSS but I know nothing about it.

Teratada is all about putting on a show for the parents. Know lots of expats that have left and put kids in St. Nicholas. Pls is a private language and tutoring school.

• 2 weeks later...
Teeratada is quite popular. I've also heard of one called PLSS but I know nothing about it.

Teratada is all about putting on a show for the parents. Know lots of expats that have left and put kids in St. Nicholas. Pls is a private language and tutoring school.

Wittleus

My Son (Budhist) spent 3 happy years at St Nicholas, that was 7 years ago! Fees were quite reasonable then.

Nibor.