Hire A Driver For 2 Days While Traveling In Bangkok

aphcoinc

We'll be on a cruise arriving in Bangkok (Klong Toey) on Tuesday February 23 at 2:00PM. We'll need a driver from 2:30PM that day until 11:PM. On Wednesday we need the driver from 7:00 AM to 1:00PM. It's our first time in Bangkok(my wife and I) and we are trying to see a maximum of sites. How much should we pay? Do you have a company your recommend?

Thank you for your help.

I strongly suggest you work out for yourself what you want to see or at least what types of things you want to see. Bangkok has much to see but is also very spread out and traffic is terrible. With limited time, it is better to consider your position and just how much you wish to put up with in terms of being stuck in traffic jams.

Taxis can be touts and if not directed, they are very adept at taking you to places where you will be ripped off, overcharged and pushed to buy items you do not want at vastly over inflated prices. Even some of the better organised tours are not averse to pulling up at a jem factory, totally off the schedule, to try and part you with some of your money and gain themselves some commission.

Does your ship not have some information ?

As for cash, any ATM will do and there are money changers everywhere. Banks have good enough rates.

If you care to list what you would like to see, then perhaps I and others can help. Prices will vary massively on what you want to see, how you want to travel and ultimately, on how much you want to spend.

Hi

A great transport company in Bangkok is oriental escape.com contact them via email, they have good drivers who speak english and are very reasonable, ask for their driver "sonya" she is fab, her english is very good. with good knowledge about the city. we hired from this company for city tours in the past. no problems, very reliable. -

Although Mallorca has just given you a good option....why not google "tour companies Bangkok" and then choose the best one and book?

In my experience to see the best sites its better to go with the professionals, I know you still have to visit the souvenir factories but at least you know you can trust that you will be safe and see the best of the sights.

HL :)

Although Mallorca has just given you a good option....why not google "tour companies Bangkok" and then choose the best one and book?

In my experience to see the best sites its better to go with the professionals, I know you still have to visit the souvenir factories but at least you know you can trust that you will be safe and see the best of the sights.

My wife is a guide and does those city tours (among other tours all across the country), they are usually cheap because they take people to those souvenir shops and stuff. The company gets the van and driver from those shops. This way they can keep costs down also the guides get payed next to nothing and only get a lil bit more when tourist buy stuff or give them a tip.

So if you dont want to go to those places you will have to ask and pay more. Those kind of things can be arranged of course, everything is possible in Thailand. The advantage of a guide is that you will have someone who speaks English and can help you. Although i must be honest and say that many of her friends speak lousy English i wonder how they ever got their license.

Well I dont want to start it up again but a few weeks ago there was a thread on here about tour guides wages and people were quoting 30,000 and up.

Of course I guess it depends on who you work for and how good you are but the money is there for some.

Mind you if I were a tour guide then I wouldnt want to admit that because it might reflect on the tips....lol

Well I dont want to start it up again but a few weeks ago there was a thread on here about tour guides wages and people were quoting 30,000 and up.

Of course I guess it depends on who you work for and how good you are but the money is there for some.

Mind you if I were a tour guide then I wouldnt want to admit that because it might reflect on the tips....lol

My gf makes around 20k after cost some guides can do 30k. But she does not make much if tourist dont buy stuff when she does bangkok trips. Now she gets 2.5k for the weekend because some thai group canceled just a week before. Then they have to pay. So the amounts there are about right.

Hi I just returned from Thailand and used a company from Bangkok that provided driver and 15 person van. I travelled from Bangkok to Surin and back and stopped at many places along the way. I paid TB 1500 a day. If you are interested I can provide the number. My Thai friend in Surin introduced me to the company. Very good and very reliable service. Stayed at bungalows along the way ranging from TB 399 to 600 a day. Have fun! I'll be going back for Songkran for sure!