Ais 3g

tmifune

Hello all,

I will be living in CM for 3 months and need good reliable internet ( hopefully 24/7 ) and AIS 3G seems to be my best option as I will not being dependant on a land line. Can anyone here using AIS 3G post your speed tests ( speedtest.net ) and share your experience as far as reliablity, location etc.?

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by tmifune

Just out of curiosity, what are considered 'good' upload and download speeds? Generally speaking. download speeds are priority because more folks download than upload (unlike webmasters like me where it's the other way around :))

I've always ignored these speeds and based my 'glee' or lack of, on overall performance. Like I've said in previous posts, sometimes the speeds and signals look awful, yet i'm whizzing around the net with uploads and downloads faster than a speeding bullet.

So i wonder if the obsession with speed tests is really such a good indicator of the overall performance, or whether they might be out by light years in some cases?

cheers

Aitch

Just out of curiosity, what are considered 'good' upload and download speeds? Generally speaking. download speeds are priority because more folks download than upload (unlike webmasters like me where it's the other way around :))

I've always ignored these speeds and based my 'glee' or lack of, on overall performance. Like I've said in previous posts, sometimes the speeds and signals look awful, yet i'm whizzing around the net with uploads and downloads faster than a speeding bullet.

So i wonder if the obsession with speed tests is really such a good indicator of the overall performance, or whether they might be out by light years in some cases?

cheers

Aitch

If I could consistantly get half of what gotlost just posted I would be very glee-ful indeed! :D I am in Goa, India now and paying BSNL for a landline that drops more times than I can count. :D

cheers

Aitch

If I could consistantly get half of what gotlost just posted I would be very glee-ful indeed! :D I am in Goa, India now and paying BSNL for a landline that drops more times than I can count. :D