The Black Sheep Bar

rudi2008

Wednesday, 27th February, I go to the hairdresserwith my neighbor and friend, a goodhearted Thai man. After we have a couple ofdrinks in a few bars around soi Kao Talo.

Around 19u we enter the Black Sheep Bar and we order aSingha beer for me and a Leo for him. And the Thai staff refuses to give himthe Leo beer : ‘we don’t serve Thai people’ !!

This is disgusting –I refused to drink my beer en we bothleave the bar, my friend is really upset.

Bad news for the (farang) bar-owner : my friend is a reallywell-know person in the local administration here and now – due to mysuggestion - , calling around. One of these days the bar can expect a policecontrol, hopefully they have to close the bar or at least, pay a big fine. AndI will be glad to witness !!

To all normal people around : avoid the Black Sheep Bar, becausemy friend and me are determinate to go on distracting until this bar is closed. A lotof controls are on the way !!

Didnt know there was a black sheep bar on Khao Talo as well....

As for not serving the Thai man, Iam surpised he even made it through the door as generally Thais are not welcome in Farang targeted mongering establishments due to the exact reason as you have outlined "He has contacts and will make trouble for the bar"............

So you're at war just for a beer? :) There are plenty of places where Thai male customers are not welcomed, usually you just take a look at the place and you can tell. Saves a lot of hassle and embarrassment when you are with Thai friends. There are reasons too, one of them you've just given proof of, but another reason could be to make sure Somchay doesn't barge in all Pattaya or Patong bars to hunt down his ex Noy.

Now if you ask me I think they should allow Thai customers, but have a dual price system, like 800 baht for a Thai when it is 80 baht for a foreigner. Of course 80 would be written LXXX, for the sake of losing them... :D

I don't care about what they want to do and what not.

If I enter with a friend, regardless if it is a Thai, a Chinese, a Russian, a Black, a Woman, a Ladyboy, a Gay, a European, an American, A Dog, Donkey or whatever, I expect the bar to serve us with a smile.

I don't care about what they want to do and what not.

If I enter with a friend, regardless if it is a Thai, a Chinese, a Russian, a Black, a Woman, a Ladyboy, a Gay, a European, an American, A Dog, Donkey or whatever, I expect the bar to serve us with a smile.

The only person on your list that will have issues in a Farang target girlie bar will be the Thai...... best not head there with Him otherwise you will leave disappointed, meh, your Thai friend prolly has connections as well and wil have the bar shut down within 24 minutes, just like the OP.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mr OP, you state the date of the 27th of February, Can you please tell me where you purchased your crystal ball, I desperately need one at work, this may also explain why the black sheep* is no longer located in Soi Khao Noi...................

* Assuming there isn't two black sheeps on the darkside

Edited by Spoonman

Rudi2008, you have caused your Thai friend to lose face. It is your fault, not the bar owners fault. Now you want to cum down on the bar when you should be making merit with your Thai friend. You a bad man.

That sort of thing makes me so ANGRY I would throw the mouse DOWN! :):D:D

I was asked to leave a pub in St Ives, Coernwall back in 1972 because my hair was too long.

So I crossed the road and went into another one where I got served, mai mii phan ha. :D

<edit : or was that in 2025? This dam_ned time travel lag is so Disorienting>

Edited by PhilHarries

I was kicked out of a Korean restaurant in Pattaya the other day for not being Korean. They weren't even subtle about it (didn't try to make up a story like we are full).

Well, JT I hope, like the OP, you post an outraged topic on TV about it, huff and puff and threaten to call in your influential friends, and to make as much trouble for the hapless owners as you can and...and...and....zzzzzzzzz

Or will you just simply move on, as life's too short. Oh you have! :)

I was kicked out of a Korean restaurant in Pattaya the other day for not being Korean. They weren't even subtle about it (didn't try to make up a story like we are full).

Well, JT I hope, like the OP, you post an outraged topic on TV about it, huff and puff and threaten to call in your influential friends, and to make as much trouble for the hapless owners as you can and...and...and....zzzzzzzzz

Or will you just simply move on, as life's too short. Oh you have! :)

The food looked really good though!

you are one lucky so and so ,Korean food must be the worst in the world,its no wonder they always look so miserable :)

you are one lucky so and so ,Korean food must be the worst in the world,its no wonder they always look so miserable :)

Are you trying to be funny or are you just ignorant?

From our forum rules:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Are you trying to be funny or are you just ignorant?

From our forum rules:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

indeed , i was waiting for a slant directed towards the Irish that step out of line.