Sachs X-road 250

BigBikeBKK

Wow- the Sachs X-Road 250 is a nice looking bike! icon_mrgreen.gif Love that Ducati Monster-style red frame :)

spacer.gif012810SachsXRoadSm.jpg

I didn't see a price or specs, but I imagine this could be good competition for the Kawasaki D-Tracker.

I could definitely see one of these in my garage icon_mrgreen.gif

Any of you guys know price and sales date???

Woohoo! The bike scene in Thailand just keeps getting better and better!

Ride On!

Tony

Yep i'm looking at going Saturday. I will even be on the bike if the mechanic has actually finished it.

Cool Allan! Hope to see you there- I'm also planning to ride but the Ninja is in a million pieces so I need to get to work and get her back together asap! See ya! T

Some more pics and specs for the Sachs X-Road 250-

013010SachsXRoad250SSR.jpg

Good lookin' bike! icon_cool.gif

013010SachsXRoad250aSSR.jpg

Really the only thing I don't like is the tiny and cheap looking digital display... Hopefully not too difficult to replace.

013010SachsXRoad250bSSR.jpg

Specs:

013010SachsXRoad250SpecsSSR.jpg

I have to run- Anyone have the Weight, HP and Torque figures for the D-Tracker handy? Curious to see how these 250's compare.

For me the X-Road definitely LOOKS like the better of the two and it should be quite a bit cheaper than the Kwacker.

Ride On!

Tony

I saw that bike but assumed it was just an illegal import.

I agree, the gauge is very weak but I could get past it.

My gripe is the wheels are too 1990s bulbous.

They remind me of the old Ducati 916 wheels and not today's superlight 3 spokes.

Clearly with the frame they were trying to emulate Ducati in general but why not go all the way and have 10 spoked alloys like the Hypermotard?

I'm sure new alloys might be cost prohibitive but full wire spoked wheels aren't and they would look nice too.

Although it won't be as reliable; at 100K that's a third less than any of the Kawi 250s.

Heck, put wire wheels on it and drop the price further and really steal marketshare.

Then sell the alloys as an upgrade.

Hopefully someone from Sachs is reading this forum.

I saw that bike but assumed it was just an illegal import.

I agree, the gauge is very weak but I could get past it.

My gripe is the wheels are too 1990s bulbous.

They remind me of the old Ducati 916 wheels and not today's superlight 3 spokes.

Clearly with the frame they were trying to emulate Ducati in general but why not go all the way and have 10 spoked alloys like the Hypermotard?

I'm sure new alloys might be cost prohibitive but full wire spoked wheels aren't and they would look nice too.

Although it won't be as reliable; at 100K that's a third less than any of the Kawi 250s.

Heck, put wire wheels on it and drop the price further and really steal marketshare.

Then sell the alloys as an upgrade.

Hopefully someone from Sachs is reading this forum.

Yeah- first thing I'd do if I get this bike will be to throw a proper 19" spoked wheel on the front and get some decent enduro/dirt tires and then start tearing around to see how she handles and how much of a beating she can take.

I think this could be a great bike for tearing around Laos and Cambodia and the rougher parts of Thailand.

Do these little honeys have a Honda wing tattoo just above their chest...below where the neck starts?

012810HondaLoveliesSm.jpg

Going by the pix's of the Sachs X-road 250 the frame and swingarm look way too fussy. It looks like a frame and swingarm old Uncle Fon made in the back shed! :)

Do these little honeys have a Honda wing tattoo just above their chest...below where the neck starts?

012810HondaLoveliesSm.jpg

Going by the pix's of the Sachs X-road 250 the frame and swingarm look way too fussy. It looks like a frame and swingarm old Uncle Fon made in the back shed! :D

Ha ha ha!!! I was too busy staring at their lovely, erm, smiles :) that I didn't even notice those Honda tattoos! Awesome!

Yeah, some might call that frame fussy, but these "lattice" frames seem to be quite popular these days for bikes like the Ducati Monster, Honda VTR and now the Sachs X-Road. Comparo:

012810SachsXRoadSm.jpg

012810DucPrettySm.jpg