Oh No He Hasn't..

MSingh

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon we have a chance this year, but i tend to think that every year. especially given the group draw, we should make it to at least the quarter finals without breaking a sweat.

Bookmakers put as 3rd favorites, just behind Spain and Brazil. I'm keeping the faith.

Keep the FAITH by all means but I would also be keeping my Baht in the sky rocket

The British Government is awaiting an explanation from the Football Association as to its proposed course of action where disgraced England captain John Terry is concerned.

Gerry Sutcliffe, the UK Sports Minister, said in The Times: "On the field John Terry is a fantastic player and a good England captain, but to be the captain of England you have got to have wider responsibilities for the country, and clearly if these allegations are proven — and at the moment they are only allegations — then it does call into question his role as England captain.

"I speak to the FA on a regular basis, so I will be asking what their viewpoint is and we will see what comes of it.

:) How ironic, that politicians are commenting on this story. Of course Sutcliffe has a unblemished record as a public servant doesn't he....

http://www.spinwatch.org/latest-news-mainm...s-lobby-scandal

The thing with Sutcliffe is that he is typical of the Nu Labore politicians who want to jump onto every bandwagon that is going. I'm not going to defend Terry either, the guy should bloody well no better and shagging a team mates wife is a definite no, no. Not good for team morale either. With any luck they'll put Gerrard in as the new England captain.

The British Government is awaiting an explanation from the Football Association as to its proposed course of action where disgraced England captain John Terry is concerned.

Gerry Sutcliffe, the UK Sports Minister, said in The Times: "On the field John Terry is a fantastic player and a good England captain, but to be the captain of England you have got to have wider responsibilities for the country, and clearly if these allegations are proven — and at the moment they are only allegations — then it does call into question his role as England captain.

"I speak to the FA on a regular basis, so I will be asking what their viewpoint is and we will see what comes of it.

:) How ironic, that politicians are commenting on this story. Of course Sutcliffe has a unblemished record as a public servant doesn't he....

http://www.spinwatch.org/latest-news-mainm...s-lobby-scandal

The thing with Sutcliffe is that he is typical of the Nu Labore politicians who want to jump onto every bandwagon that is going. I'm not going to defend Terry either, the guy should bloody well no better and shagging a team mates wife is a definite no, no. Not good for team morale either. With any luck they'll put Gerrard in as the new England captain.

I'd give Michael Owen the armband. Mind you so would Sir Alex Ferguson! :D

With any luck they'll put Gerrard in as the new England captain.

Going simply on current form, i'm not even sure Gerrard should be guaranteed a start mate.

He seems to have gone a bit stale. In desperate need of a new beginning, a fresh start and a new challenge, to bring the best out of him. Right now he's just going through the motions. Not the time for him to be made captain in my opinion.

With any luck they'll put Gerrard in as the new England captain.

Going simply on current form, i'm not even sure Gerrard should be guaranteed a start mate.

He seems to have gone a bit stale. In desperate need of a new beginning, a fresh start and a new challenge, to bring the best out of him. Right now he's just going through the motions. Not the time for him to be made captain in my opinion.

His form has been <deleted> ever since his brush with the law and said he was turning a new leaf. Perhaps he should go out and head butt someone in the pub this weekend to regain it.

John Terry will do what's best for John Terry ,he wont resign. He is not the sort of indiviual that considers anybody else but himself else, his miserable character record proves that Not so long ago he was flirting with the media to go to City because he wanted more money from Chelsea ,he got it. I was taken to task by Chelsea supporters a long time ago when he was convicted of taking a disabled parking spot in his Bentley. Any man ? that does that i loses any respect from me and maybe others. But the quote of the year goes to his Manager Ancheloti. "the professionalism of John Terry helps IMPROVE the clubs profile " Welcome to the modern day footballer"

Terry is a very good footballer, Bridge spent his time sitting on a bench for top dollar when he could have been playing for almost any top club which didnt benefit England, if i were Terry i'd have gone for A Coles Mrs if i were going to be a <deleted> ... at the end of the day no one really cares about Bridge or Terry and their bed hopping, whats more important is how they play for England.

Terry is a very good footballer, Bridge spent his time sitting on a bench for top dollar when he could have been playing for almost any top club which didnt benefit England, if i were Terry i'd have gone for A Coles Mrs if i were going to be a <deleted> ... at the end of the day no one really cares about Bridge or Terry and their bed hopping, whats more important is how they play for England.

Yeah! the longer this thing goes on, the more I think so what! Hope Bridge and Terry can patch things up, and to what extent is this about some horrible publicist and a French Slapper trying to make a few hundred thousand.

Yeah! the longer this thing goes on, the more I think so what! Hope Bridge and Terry can patch things up, and to what extent is this about some horrible publicist and a French Slapper trying to make a few hundred thousand.

Its England which means she can cheat and will still get a huge amount of his wealth aswell as future earnings and custody of the kid.

In the past ive been to nightclubs where footballers go, and watching the women you and i can only dream of <deleted> desperately hover around them is funny as <deleted>, its surprising this kind of thing doesnt happen more often with the sexy little minx they hang out with, if you dance with the devil and all that!

Anyway only 127 days and counting. :)

He's leading a frigging soccer team, not running for Prime Minister. Jesus wept.

A very divisive subject.

There are some that believe what he does on the pitch is the only relevant thing.

and others who believe that being captain of your country is an honour that means you should set an example on and off the pitch.

If Terry was not a proven serial offender I would probably go with the first thought but enough is enough and there are alternatives.

The debate will go on, the media will see to that, whatever the outcome.

He's leading a frigging soccer team, not running for Prime Minister. Jesus wept.

A very divisive subject.

Indeed, and for me not dissimilar to the one concerning the coach of England - ie is it important that he be English? For me it is. Is it worth having a foreign coach if that's what it takes to win? For me the answer is "no". I want success desperately for England, but not that way. And i feel the same about having a captain who has acted as deplorably as Terry has. Is it worth forgetting about the sort of man he is off the pitch if he delivers on the pitch and it means we taste success? Again i say "no". There's a line we have to draw somewhere. A point where we say "ok, enough is enough".

^^^^^^^^

We'd all like it if we could relate to football players of our club and country and they didnt go out spit roasting young slappers, but the days of players sitting with the fans on the train are long gone and they are how they are these days so i couldnt care less what they do so long as it doesnt affect their fitness and how they play.

I just hope the bubbling ponce has brushed up on his penalty skills.

Though i can see you point on the manager, however id sooner a ban on all non British players under lets say 21 coming to England so English kids would get a chance thus enableing a manager being able to pick from more then 20 odd decent players, but the Premier League rules these days and nothing vaguely similar to this would ever happen.

Edited by whichschool

i couldnt care less what they do so long as it doesnt affect their fitness and how they play.

Hypothetically speaking then, you'd have no problem with Joey Barton captaining England?

Whichschool, i always find your posts very entertaining. But that said, do you really want that pikey tw#t to be the England captain. Very good player yes, but he ain't no Beckenbauer.

Edited by carmine

i couldnt care less what they do so long as it doesnt affect their fitness and how they play.

Hypothetically speaking then, you'd have no problem with Joey Barton captaining England?

Whichschool, i always find your posts very entertaining. But that said, do you really want that pikey tw#t to be the England captain. Very good player yes, but he ain't no Beckenbauer.

.........or Bobby Moore or Johnny Evans for that matter :)

No not as captain, but if he was irreplacable then if i think pretty much all managers would take him.

Im in no way defending Terry he is clearly an ass of immense proportions, and if he wasnt a important player he should be kicked out the England squad, but unfortunately we've only 2 world class centre backs and sadly he is one of them on his day.

But i will be chuffed if he makes an important tackle or scores a goal this summer.

Edited by whichschool

No not as captain,

So then you do care?

Im in no way defending Terry he is clearly an ass of immense proportions, and if he wasnt a important player he should be kicked out the England squad, but unfortunately we've only 2 world class centre backs and sadly he is one of them on his day.

I don't think anyone has been suggesting he get dropped from the squad.

I dont care about him fiddling with Bridges Mrs as i dont believe Bridge would go purely as he isnt very good, but his position as captain is hard to defend as the press will just rip him apart from now until the World Cup making interviews difficult for him and he will have lost some respect in the dressing room, but as its been shown in this thread all the best players have some kind of shady past so none of them are Bobby Moore esq candidates.

IMHO being captain in football isnt really important and it wont affect how the team or an individual plays, its more a prestigeous statesman like position being captain of England where the person named needs at least a few decent morals.

Edited by whichschool

I dont care about him fiddling with Bridges Mrs as i dont believe Bridge would go purely as he isnt very good, but his position as captain is hard to defend as the press will just rip him apart from now until the World Cup making interviews difficult for him and he will have lost some respect in the dressing room, but as its been shown in this thread all the best players have some kind of shady past so none of them are Bobby Moore esq candidates.

I agree, people like Ryan Giggs .... oops he's not English. :)

no other football nation on earth puts as much importance on who is the captain as england does, it's a nonsense. in most england starting XIs there are at least four captains of club sides anyway, so it really shouldn't matter. terry won't be stripped of it as capello knows this, but if he were to be it would pass to ferdinand, the vice captain. all this guff about rooney getting it is just pure press bluster.

crikey!! last week you were refering to england asWE, now youre taking cheap 2 bob shots at them??

sure you dont have a chronic identity crisis,? ps its called banter . do you get that in canada?

crikey!! last week you were refering to england asWE, now youre taking cheap 2 bob shots at them??

sure you dont have a chronic identity crisis,? ps its called banter . do you get that in canada?

I only like England when it's convenient (brunt of jokes, good food, weather and so on.) :D

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: 'I almost quit football for Canada'

Scotsman admits he couldn't escape "hairdryer" treatment from his mother...

By Alan Dawson

4 Feb 2010 18:09:00

Manchester United's dominance of English football might never have materialised had Sir Alex Ferguson given into his initial reaction to a severe facial injury and left Great Britain while a player at St Johnstone.

However, the Scotsman, famed for possessing a no-nonsense approach to his high-profile players, received a "hairdryer" treatment of his own - from his mother - and restored his faith in the sport when he struck a hat-trick the next day against Rangers.

Manchster United fans will thank her for the intervention as Ferguson, now 68, has acted as a trophy-magnet during his managerial years, transforming Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen, and current Manchester United outfit into European champions.

The two-time Champions League winning boss said to Press Association Sport: "I was part-time and in a reserve game against Airdrie I broke my eyebrow, cheekbone and nose and was out for months. They put this massive plaster cast on my face.

"After I came back from the injury I played three reserve games. We lost 8-1, 7-0 and 9-2. I said 'that's it - I am finished'. I took out papers to emigrate to Canada.

"On the Friday, my brother's girlfriend phoned up my manager at St Johnstone and told him I had the flu. But when I arrived home from a night at the swimming baths with my pals, my mother tore into me.

"She said, 'I've had a telegram from your manager - get down to the telephone booth and call him'. The manager said: 'Report to the Bath Hotel tomorrow, you're playing against Rangers'."

Ferguson then claimed that the events that unfolded altered his destiny.

"I scored a hat trick and became the first player to do so against Rangers at Ibrox - it changed my life. I became a full-time footballer in the summer and never looked back.

jsut another typical man utd fan. not even from manchester(whoops, old trafford isnt actually in manchester is it?) probably never been to a game. unless you call sitting in a private box, going to a game. loves man utd more than england. well that figures hes a moosehead. shall i go on....?

gotta love the english sence of humour though, aint you james?

no what i mean me old china!

Edited by tigerfish

jsut another typical man utd fan. not even from manchester(whoops, old trafford isnt actually in manchester is it?) probably never been to a game. unless you call sitting in a private box, going to a game. loves man utd more than england. well that figures hes a moosehead. shall i go on....?

gotta love the english sence of humour though, aint you james?

no what i mean me old china!

Sense of humour - English? Anyways, back to JT if we may (but feel free to start a new thread regarding banter - although I thought we had one before?).

Did JT meet with Mr. Cappello last night to discuss the situation?

I have a solution for all parties. Put JT on Captaincy probation until after the World Cup. Meaning, anymore transgressions that get picked up in the papers he loses the armband that doesnt really fit him anyway.

If he is a good boy and doesnt, get caught, all's good. :)