How Can I Get New Pages In My British Passport?

Hello.

I only have three remaining pages in my British passport. How can I get a new passport or pages added? What documents do I need from the British embassy and what do I need to provide?

Thanks.

Ian

You cannot add pages to a British passport, so will need to apply for new one. More information on British Embassy website here.

After you receive your new passport you will need to go to Immigration who will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport. There is no charge but photo copies of old and new passport will be required and a one page form will need completing. If holding a valid visa, note this cannot be transferred as is not issued by Thai immigration but by Thai embassy/consulate abroad. Whilst a visa remains valid in an old passport, you would need to travel using both passports until the visa expires.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Transfer-Sta...orm-file20.html

As from March 8th you will need to apply to Hong Kong for a new passport.

Not entirely correct. The paperwork exercise can be done in BKK and handed into the passport section at the Embassy. The processing thereafter will be dealt with in Hong Kong. The new passport can be collected as usual in BKK. :)

Not entirely correct. The paperwork exercise can be done in BKK and handed into the passport section at the Embassy. The processing thereafter will be dealt with in Hong Kong. The new passport can be collected as usual in BKK. :)

Sorry, but they have not said that.

The information on the website states that from 8th March applications will be processed in Hong Kong and until that date applications can be handed in at Bangkok. Nowhere does it say that after that date you will be able to hand an application in and collect your new passport in Bangkok. Whilst full details of the process have not been published yet, they do say that you must factor in the cost of secure delivery of the application and for the secure return of your passport, they would hardly say that if you can hand in and collect from Bangkok. The new arrangements are already in place in other countries, certainly in Malaysia you are required to send the application to Hong Kong together with the fee in Hong Kong Dollars.

I would like to be proved wrong, but I suspect I will not be.

The information on the website states that from 8th March applications will be processed in Hong Kong and until that date applications can be handed in at Bangkok. Nowhere does it say that after that date you will be able to hand an application in and collect your new passport in Bangkok. Whilst full details of the process have not been published yet, they do say that you must factor in the cost of secure delivery of the application and for the secure return of your passport, they would hardly say that if you can hand in and collect from Bangkok. The new arrangements are already in place in other countries, certainly in Malaysia you are required to send the application to Hong Kong together with the fee in Hong Kong Dollars.

I read it the same way. You're right.

You cannot add pages to a British passport, so will need to apply for new one. More information on British Embassy website here.

After you receive your new passport you will need to go to Immigration who will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport. There is no charge but photo copies of old and new passport will be required and a one page form will need completing. If holding a valid visa, note this cannot be transferred as is not issued by Thai immigration but by Thai embassy/consulate abroad. Whilst a visa remains valid in an old passport, you would need to travel using both passports until the visa expires.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Transfer-Sta...orm-file20.html

I would also add that sometimes Thai Immigration will ask for a letter from your British embassy explaining that this is a new passport and please transfer the entry permits.

On another thread, I talked about an email I had from the embassy in reply to some questions. The official stated clearly that once the system is in operation, we can still make the application at the embassy, and the embassy would then send them on to HK.

I read it the same way. You're right.

After you receive your new passport you will need to go to Immigration who will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport.

Can this be done at Border Immigration, Ranong? Thanks.

After you receive your new passport you will need to go to Immigration who will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport.

Can this be done at Border Immigration, Ranong? Thanks.

They might handle it for you, but it is better to go to your immigration office. The service is free and doesn't take much time. Make sure to take a copy of the old passport with you (all used pages and ID page).

What form do I need to complete from the British embassy website?

It's all here http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/passport...ing-in-thailand

With the form being here http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/passport-forms

You might want to note that the Consular Section is closed next Monday and Tuesday, 8th & 9th.

Anyone know if VFS Regent House is open on these days? I was planning on submitting a UK visa application on Monday.

DM

[You might want to note that the Consular Section is closed next Monday and Tuesday, 8th & 9th.

Anyone know if VFS Regent House is open on these days? I was planning on submitting a UK visa application on Monday.

Yes the Visa Application Centre will still be open, it's just the Embassy itself that will be closed for a computer upgrade, which means they will not be doing the work associated with processing the applications.

[You might want to note that the Consular Section is closed next Monday and Tuesday, 8th & 9th.

Yes the Visa Application Centre will still be open, it's just the Embassy itself that will be closed for a computer upgrade, which means they will not be doing the work associated with processing the applications.

Thanks for that. Let's hope that the computer upgrade doesn't slow down the processing too much! :)

DM

I would also add that sometimes Thai Immigration will ask for a letter from your British embassy explaining that this is a new passport and please transfer the entry permits.

Most embassies issue a letter, but the British embassy refuses to do so and that is known to immigration.

Most embassies issue a letter, but the British embassy refuses to do so and that is known to immigration.

Yes, and very inconvenient it is too!

I had to get Barry K to issue me a letter in Jomtien.

Another 1450 baht down the pan.

Have seen reports of immigration accepting the 'receipt' for passport issue from the British embassy as acceptable alternative, but may of course be down to individual immigration officer.

Agreed. I was unlucky to get a 'jobsworth' Immigration Officer in Jomtien.

I later heard that at the BKK Immigration office, it wasn't a problem to tranfer entry stamps into a new passport (for free) (and without a British Embassy letter).

:)