Foor Commonly Eatn In Thaland

laphroaig

I am due back again soon for my tour of the North on motorbike. Last time I was able to order food by pointing and gesturing but would really lik to know the thai tems for the most commonly sered food so I can orer myself. I am talking specifically about the little roadside places rather than the official cafes and restaurants with menus.

I have Kow Pad and the various meat/fish to go into it. The other comon one i liked to eat was a noodle dish, almost a soup with a few little round balls of something or other thrown in. What is that called please and are there variables of it to ask for?

Thanks in anticipation

The noodle dish is called KOW-TE-YOW

For Beef KOWTEYOW NEUIA

For fish KOWTEYOW PLAA

Enjoy !!!

kowteyow ghai(chicken)

kowteyow ped(duck)

kowteyow tom yum(usually served with pork, pork ball, and various fish types of fish balls)

kowteyow moo(pork)

pad thai noodles(thin rice noodles, with small, prawns, peanuts, been shoots, spring onions and a slice of lime)your choice of prawns, chichen or pork.

pad se yieow(thick noodles, stir fried, with your choice of meat, vegetables cooked insoy and oyster sauce, msg sugar and nam plaa) i think

khai chieow(thai omelette)

hoi tot( thai omelette with mussels.

som tham(famous thai pappaya salad) up to you how hot you like it! usually eaten with sticky rice(cow nieow) and b.b.qed chicken fish or pork

som tham thai(as above)

som tham poo plaa(stinks to high heaven) most thai women go for this variation. alot nam plaa, land crads and fermented fish.

som tham tooah(cooked with the long stringy beans.

different types of noodle.

sen yai(thick rice noodle)

sen lek(thin rice noodle)

sen me( not sure0

bam me(egg noodle)

have a good tour on the bike! im sure someone while pick me up on my speeling, pronounciation and decriptions, but you get the jhist wright.