Suvharnabumi Airport, Do You Like It, Beauty Wise?

I think they missed a great opportunity to make a world class airport- I find it 'cold' and sterile- especially compared with the carpeted 'loungey' feeling of Changi airprort. Also during the day the aircon is not strong enough in some parts which means it uncomfortable to sit in some cafes/restaurants.

The Illy cafe has lots of aircon and free internet and plugs for computers..my hot tip :)

Having said that i know lots of people working in africa and its a nightmare flying around there compared to around asia in terms of the airports.!

Reminds me of an unfinished building not yet ready to hand over.

Agreed, reminds me of a lot of industrial sites I have worked on during construction, nearly finished, but not quite there and in comparison with the likes of Changi, Swampy looks "dated" already even though its newer

"The beauty of Suvharnabumi airport".

It's sometimes difficult to believe the nonsense one sees on these forums. The place is hideous, uncomfortable, expensive. The designers just copied the trend in steel and glass airports, and Suvanapum is almost the same as so many other 'modern' airports in the world today.

Don Muang was/is so much nicer, more human in scale; and the staff there behave like human beings instead of robots.

But the damage is done. Bangkok airports have now entered the glass/metal/robot age.

For me it is a modern, engineering efficient style similar to many NEW worldwide airports. I have Never had a problem with the number nor cleanliness of the toilets nor with the adequate public taxi sevice.

Stop winging and have a look ot the new, magnificant orchid gardens at departure level. Give credit where it is due.

"Suvharnabumi Airport, Do You Like It, Beauty Wise?"

Are you aware that the English language has the word "aesthetically", and using it makes you seem more gifted smart-wise?

"The airport is to be substantially enlarged over the next few year. i wonder how the new buildings will compare architecturally."

Edited by hhgz

"Suvharnabumi Airport, Do You Like It, Beauty Wise?"

Are you aware that the English language has the word "aesthetically", and using it makes you seem more gifted smart-wise?

"The airport is to be substantially enlarged over the next few year. i wonder how the new buildings will compare architecturally."

Hey Ho...the English Police are out....what happened classes finish early ???