Chaging Title

Just read another thread that indicated a land title can be changed by the owner from NS2 to Chanotte.... All the info I have gleaned in "the boonies" is that is the perogative of the land office when and if they feel inclined...most of this came from the local land office...admittely there was no incentive offered...but..

So any one know the true story on this...

The MIL just had the land office come and survey her farm land and convert it to Chanotte without request or tea money...??? apparently instantly more than tripling the value thereof!

There is nothing strange in that. The land offices are working on changing land to proper chanoote. As always in Thailand though, it's not happening very quickly or organised, or rather, it's a painfully slow process and it happens when it happens :)

I haven't heard of tea money wanted anywhere. Seems your MIL had the same kind of luck as my MIL :D

Hi

We have had to do some research on this as I think that it may have been my post that you read before. According to the land department website and Isaan Lawyers website you can request a change of title to Chanote at any point and it is up to the goverment to grant this to you. However it seems like the reality is that you have to wait for the governement to come to you as that is certainly what my husband believes and other posts seem to reflect this. As with a lot of things in Thailand - what is supposed to happen and what actually happens are two different things.

Thanks

Hi

We have had to do some research on this as I think that it may have been my post that you read before. According to the land department website and Isaan Lawyers website you can request a change of title to Chanote at any point and it is up to the goverment to grant this to you. However it seems like the reality is that you have to wait for the governement to come to you as that is certainly what my husband believes and other posts seem to reflect this. As with a lot of things in Thailand - what is supposed to happen and what actually happens are two different things.

Thanks

Thanks for that Sontaya..hurry up and wait hugh...not an issue really but was curious..the wife says it will be up to five years for them to come and survey...

Hope you sorted out your "presence" issue for your survey...we had to go to the MILs place as witnesses??? TIT

regards

david