Excrement Bags Lobbed Into Compound Of Abhisit's House

webfact

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A whole lot of blaming the reds and now a culprit has been arrested. Can't link the source, but it seems he has no political agenda--something to do with being upset about police not stopping people from smoking near his house.

A whole lot of blaming the reds and now a culprit has been arrested. Can't link the source, but it seems he has no political agenda--something to do with being upset about police not stopping people from smoking near his house.

This is correct, the guy has admitted it and been sentenced to 10 days, no political affiliation and threw it as a protest against the police for not taking his complaint seriously.

All the posters in here wrongly assuming it was thrown by a red shirt, lots of abuse aimed towards them, even the fools in power assumed it was the red shirts. shame on you all. No doubt none of you will post in here admitting you were way off the mark.

I think it was a set up to blame red shirts and the plan backfired.

Just like the other incident a few weeks back.

Maj-General Khattiya did not understand the orders from Thaksin correctly.

The orders was to form a extremist group, not an excrement group.

Edited by PoorSucker

Much Apoo about nothing ....

This one probably should have been left in the joke column.

Lets remember that no one has been caught, so it is quite premature to blame any particular group. Speculation is fine.

The stunt is very juvenile and sounds like something a bunch of teenagers would do.

My concern is that his house is not well enough guarded to prevent this--that is my greatest concern.

And hooray for scott

and yes I was right ... much apoo about nothing!

All the posters in here wrongly assuming it was thrown by a red shirt, lots of abuse aimed towards them, even the fools in power assumed it was the red shirts. shame on you all. No doubt none of you will post in here admitting you were way off the mark.

I made no such assumptions on record here, but had you asked me at the time of the incident who would be the most likely culprit, i would have guessed at someone associated with the red-shirt movement. I think based on track record, most honest people would have guessed the same - everyone bar the red shirts themselves of course. Unless making such a guess were to result in an innocent red-shirt being hauled up on the turd throwing offence, i don't think anyone needs to be sorry or apologise for incorrectly guessing.

If a group of people get a reputation for doing stupid things, they only have themselves to blame when fingers get pointed their way, and they shouldn't bother feigning outrage or horror because few will really care too much.

Oh well seems hey have now found a scape goat to get of out a sticky situation and i am sure the goat will be well rewarded.

If they are so desperate to rule the nation, no telling what they will do next time.

Myself I think they should let the poor guy off but increase security in the PM's house.

Edited by monkfish

Oh well seems hey have now found a scape goat to get of out a sticky situation and i am sure the goat will be well rewarded.

If they are so desperate to rule the nation, no telling what they will do next time.

Myself I think they should let the poor guy off but increase security in the PM's house.

Sorry monk .... I am missing who exactly you mean by "they"

Do you mean the Democrats --If they wanted a scapegoat they could have picked a Red shirt and blamed him. Instead they seem to have gotten the guy who did it. They aren't desperate to run the country. They are running the country. It is their job to do so until the current coalition folds or the term of office for the current parliament is finished.

or

Do you mean the Reds found a scapegoat? Someone to do their dirtywork from a distance? They are desperate to run the country. They will get a chance to see if they can get over 50% of the seats in Parliament next time.

or do you mean the Police? Gads I hope THEY never run the country!

The comments posted by "blame Thaksin" gang are indicative of their mob mentality. I said it before and it bears repeating, take a hint from PM Abhisit: It was a nothing event. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that wouldn't fly with the bully contingent who sought to counter the reality by belittling anyone that disagreed with them and being more strident with their conspiracy theories. Did they actually believe that if they kept insisting "it's a conspiracy" and " they are plotting against us from afar", that it would change the reality?

However, the gem of the denial mantra comes from you monkfish with your unsubstantiated accusation that they "have now found a scape goat to get of out a sticky situation and i am sure the goat will be well rewarded." What is so difficult with accepting that there was no conspiracy and that there are apolitical upset people walking about? The accused was distraught over the officals refusal to deal with teenage smokers polluting his environment. Well golly gee, there are people that post in TV how they are on the verge of a mental breakdown due to the ambient noise in their neighborhoods.

It's been a bad week for you anti Thaksin people hasn't it?

First, the Army head gets summoned to the Pentagon in the USA for a sitdown with the US Army chief of staff Gen. Casey. We won't see a word on that meeting published in the Thai papers on what happened in that meeting.

Then we see the landmine event that embarassed PM Abhisit and violated one of the most important international treaties signed in the past 25 years. Not a word of explanation from the military HQ as to how a landmine was available, particularly when stockpiles were supposed to have been destroyed.

And now the poo incident is resolved with a simple explanation.

No apologies from Thai Visa's gang of bullies that play fast and loose with false accusations and fanciful statements they try to pass off as fact. Quick to dismiss Thaksin's supporters as uneducated Issan lackies, yet these people demonstrate more ignorance on a daily basis than any disadvantaged worker form Issan does in a lifetime.

monkfish is a prothaksin lackey :) ((sorry monk)) but nice way to prove a point!!

army head 'gets summoned' ... yeah ... you don't see a conspiracy or 7 do ya? Then again you were apologizing for Thaksin killing 2600+ folks on that other thread :D

Edited by jdinasia

Noting that fermented fish was thrown over the wall I have assumed it was barrar. IMO this is a very potent weapon. The light of my life has been told in no uncertain terms that it is NEVER to be brought into the house. That said I did bring five litres of the dreaded concoction back from Lomsak this week for her to distribute amongst her friends. For the sake of self preservation it was transported on the deck of the truck in a secure plastic container wrapped in several layers of plastic sheeting.

P.S. I should be obliged if some eminence would advise me on the correct spelling for this noxious liquid.

I made no such assumptions on record here, but had you asked me at the time of the incident who would be the most likely culprit, i would have guessed at someone associated with the red-shirt movement. I think based on track record, most honest people would have guessed the same - everyone bar the red shirts themselves of course. Unless making such a guess were to result in an innocent red-shirt being hauled up on the turd throwing offence, i don't think anyone needs to be sorry or apologise for incorrectly guessing.

If a group of people get a reputation for doing stupid things, they only have themselves to blame when fingers get pointed their way, and they shouldn't bother feigning outrage or horror because few will really care too much.

why would you assume it was thrown by a red shirt? have they done this before? are they the only ones with a gripe? Or is it just your anti red shirt belief that anything bad that happens must be the work of the red shirts? even the pm and deputy blamed the reds, egg on face time for many but no doubt that won't stop them blaming the reds for every little incident that happens.

First, the Army head gets summoned to the Pentagon in the USA for a sitdown with the US Army chief of staff Gen. Casey. We won't see a word on that meeting published in the Thai papers on what happened in that meeting.

Then we see the landmine event that embarassed PM Abhisit and violated one of the most important international treaties signed in the past 25 years. Not a word of explanation from the military HQ as to how a landmine was available, particularly when stockpiles were supposed to have been destroyed.

You say it's been a bad week for anti-Thaksin people and so i expect the reasoning that follows to be all about Thaksin and how he has been vindicated in some way, but instead what follows is all about the military and the current government.

You tell others not to make assumptions but yet you yourself rush to assume that any person who wants Thaksin punished for crimes commited (aka anti-Thaksin person) must be upset to hear any bed news concerning the military or Abhisit. I'm not upset at all. I'm not here to defend either. If they've done wrong they should be punished, just like Thaksin.

Maybe it's you who's having the bad week.

why would you assume it was thrown by a red shirt? have they done this before?

People who can throw molotov cocktails i think are certainly capable of lobbing a turd or two, wouldn't you say?

are they the only ones with a gripe?

No but they are the most vocal and active.

Incidently, if someone lobs a turd at Thaksin today and i'm asked to guess who was responsible, top of my list would be someone associated with the PAD / yellow-shirts, although obviously it would be a tough call as the man has so many enemies. I'm betting that if you answered honestly your guess would be the same too.

The political situation is tense and all sides seem capable of using methods and tactics that are severe or extreme. I think many people missed the essence of what Abhisit meant when he said it was 'nothing'. The political groups are well organized, do you really think they would waste an opportunity by throwing crap over the fence?

This act was immature and juvenile and not likely to instigated by an organized group--at least not one over the age of 16.

At this point in time, it would be almost nice if the most the political groups did was throw bags of fermented fish and feces at each other.

Let's take care to keep the discussion civil and avoid flaming.

Some posters may have assumed that, not me (going by my posts), so no ... not "all the posters in here" and not "lots of abuse aimed towards them" as you claim. I kept it humorous, in line with the gravity of the original story, so no shame on me ! :D

Perhaps you might now post in here admitting you too were off-target ? :)

But I must admit, the offender missed PM-Abhisit, so he was indeed 'way off Mark' ! :D

why would you assume it was thrown by a red shirt? have they done this before?

People who can throw molotov cocktails i think are certainly capable of lobbing a turd or two, wouldn't you say?

are they the only ones with a gripe?

No but they are the most vocal and active.

Incidently, if someone lobs a turd at Thaksin today and i'm asked to guess who was responsible, top of my list would be someone associated with the PAD / yellow-shirts, although obviously it would be a tough call as the man has so many enemies. I'm betting that if you answered honestly your guess would be the same too.

I fail to see the link between a petrol bomb and a sack of cack, at the very least this link is tenuous. the only link being that both can be thrown, so I am guessing a baseball will also fall into the category, or a paper plane et al.

If someone lobbed a turd at Thaksin today I would not assume who threw it, I would wait to see what evidence was produced, now if a bottle of stale urine was thrown then the yellow shirts have a precedent for throwing bottle of stale urine so I could make a guess, or if some greaseball stood on top of a truck firing his gun randomly at motorbike taxis and taxi drivers i could make a guess at it being PAD as they have form for that... I would also wonder why a group of people that have allegedly fired grenades at the PAD, allegedly fired grenades at the army chiefs office etc would bother to throw a turd at the PMs house, yet still the press, the PM, his deputy and the usual suspects on here had the reds hung drawn and quartered for this act, hopefully the usual suspects will thing twice in future before spouting their usual propaganda. I am just amazed that nobody speculated it was indeed a turd flown in fresh from Thaksins arse especially for the event.

Strange that I mentioned no posters names when I wrote my post about the wrong assumptions yet you seem to be vociferously defending yourself despite your claims you made no such assumptions.

Some posters may have assumed that, not me (going by my posts), so no ... not "all the posters in here" and not "lots of abuse aimed towards them" as you claim. I kept it humorous, in line with the gravity of the original story, so no shame on me ! :D

But I must admit, the offender missed PM-Abhisit, so he was indeed 'way off Mark' ! :D

ah yes, by ALL I mean ALL the posters that made the wrong assumption and not ALL the posters that have posted in this thread, I need to be careful spelling these things out as SOME posters will always read it the way they choose and not the way it is intended, despite it being clear what I meant as it is clear not ALL the posters in this thread have done as you thisk I suggested they had. So not way off the mark as you suggest.

You say it's been a bad week for anti-Thaksin people and so i expect the reasoning that follows to be all about Thaksin and how he has been vindicated in some way, but instead what follows is all about the military and the current government.

You tell others not to make assumptions but yet you yourself rush to assume that any person who wants Thaksin punished for crimes commited (aka anti-Thaksin person) must be upset to hear any bed news concerning the military or Abhisit. I'm not upset at all. I'm not here to defend either. If they've done wrong they should be punished, just like Thaksin.

Maybe it's you who's having the bad week.

Maybe if your posts were more balanced and you did post when the dems or the yellows did something wrong other posters would see you as neutral. Just a thought.

ah yes, by ALL I mean ALL the posters that made the wrong assumption and not ALL the posters that have posted in this thread, I need to be careful spelling these things out as SOME posters will always read it the way they choose and not the way it is intended, despite it being clear what I meant as it is clear not ALL the posters in this thread have done as you thisk I suggested they had. So not way off the mark as you suggest.

Sorry Tony, my misunderstanding. :D Although I still think "way off Mark" was mildly funny. :D

I fail to see the link between a petrol bomb and a sack of cack, at the very least this link is tenuous. the only link being that both can be thrown, so I am guessing a baseball will also fall into the category, or a paper plane et al.

The obvious point being that if someone is prepared and able to throw a petrol bomb, we can safely assume them capable of throwing a turd. Not that that means that they did it. Just that they are capable.

yet still the press, the PM, his deputy and the usual suspects on here had the reds hung drawn and quartered for this act, hopefully the usual suspects will thing twice in future before spouting their usual propaganda.

That's just the point. Nobody was hung, drawn or quartered, much less arrested, until evidence was forthcoming. The way it should be. Speculation is just speculation, and you do it just like everyone else in the world does it. No need to get upset about it.

Strange that I mentioned no posters names when I wrote my post about the wrong assumptions yet you seem to be vociferously defending yourself despite your claims you made no such assumptions.

Everyone's opinion is here in this thread in black and white. If you want to point fingers at those who rushed to wrong assumptions, why not just post their quotes rather than making insinuations?

Maybe if your posts were more balanced and you did post when the dems or the yellows did something wrong other posters would see you as neutral. Just a thought.

Here's my thought. For one, don't attempt to speak for "other posters" - stick to speaking for yourself. For two, start a thread on the dem's or the yellow's wrong-doings, wait for me to rush along and defend them, and then accuse me of not being balanced.

Red thugs will throw crap or anything else they can lay their hands on at anybody who opposes Thaksin. However, their apologists will first not admit to it, then deny there is sufficient proof and then blame the yellows. It is a well trodden path.

Unfortunately, we know that it is in a similar vein to the red thugs who attacked Bangkok neighbourhood locals with baseball bats not so long ago for daring to stand up to them. 'Anybody who opposes us will pay'. The reds were discredited by their last bouts of violence so now they resort to slinging bags of shit, while they prepare the next serious incident. If the reds continue to support a convicted criminal it is not surprising that they undertake criminal activities themseleves.

Here's my thought. For one, don't attempt to speak for "other posters" - stick to speaking for yourself. For two, start a thread on the dem's or the yellow's wrong-doings, wait for me to rush along and defend them, and then accuse me of not being balanced.

I read your post that tonywebster replied to and seem to have missed where you claimed to be neutral. I did see a claim of being objective and being opposed to criminality though!

I am not neutral and readily admit it ... I am able to be objective though. Why should I be 'balanced' on a thread about just one side? There are some facts that are unavoidable that tip the scales away from things being balanced and I am willing to always discuss them :) Publicly declaring Democracy is not my goal ... and publicly saying that extra-judicial murders are acceptable pretty much skews the balance imho ...

only 12 more days and we hopefully get a ruling!

However, the gem of the denial mantra comes from you monkfish with your unsubstantiated accusation that they "have now found a scape goat to get of out a sticky situation and i am sure the goat will be well rewarded." What is so difficult with accepting that there was no conspiracy and that there are apolitical upset people walking about? The accused was distraught over the officals refusal to deal with teenage smokers polluting his environment. Well golly gee, there are people that post in TV how they are on the verge of a mental breakdown due to the ambient noise in their neighborhoods.

May be you are right but I bet we see a lot of similar stories in the near future.