How Do You Make A Living In Thailand ?

Gary A

Where do your funds come from ?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Working in a office 5.5 days a week in BKK  :o  however, better than working in a office back in London  :D

True True

And the Bangkok traffic is preferable to that in LA or Houston! :D

...only worse

I only drive from Soi 21 to Soi 2 so its ok. Enough time for a cigarette, listen to the news and park the car.

Still have to work 3 months per year in the oilfields of the Middle East, when it all goes to plan I'd be working right now, because it's too hot here, but 'Murphys Law' always arranges my contracts for OCT-FEB.

Hope one day to live on interest from savings, but the best U.K. rates are 5% gross, so I either have to triple my savings or hope for the BOE to push up the base rate.

Anyone know anything about these adverts for 'do a few hours work on your PC for big cash'?

Have a look they are crap needs a lot of effort to make anything

goZing Surveys <[email protected]>

Still have to work 3 months per year in the oilfields of the Middle East, when it all goes to plan I'd be working right now, because it's too hot here, but 'Murphys Law' always arranges my contracts for OCT-FEB.

Yeah right, it's only a fukcing cold 40 degrees C today in Saudi and blowing frigging sand everywhere. With summer on the way it can only get better.

Temperatures mean nothing. Working in the Saudi desert is very comfortable, the humidity is very low. Bangkok at 40 and Riyadh at 40 feel totally different. Also evening temperatures in the desert are lower, a good night sleep is guaranteed, even without aircon.

Yeah right, it's only a fukcing cold 40 degrees C today in Saudi and blowing frigging sand everywhere. With summer on the way it can only get better.

Temperatures mean nothing. Working in the Saudi desert is very comfortable, the humidity is very low. Bangkok at 40 and Riyadh at 40 feel totally different. Also evening temperatures in the desert are lower, a good night sleep is guaranteed, even without aircon.

I wouldn't call it comfortable but agree it's all subjective. In summer it goes over 50C in the desert and if you been working outside all day obviously it feels "cool" at night when the temp. drops to a miserable 38C.

I wouldn't call it comfortable but agree it's all subjective. In summer it goes over 50C in the desert and if you been working outside all day obviously it feels "cool" at night when the temp. drops to a miserable 38C.

I doubt that you have worked in Saudi Arabia; at night in the desert, (Layla was my nearest city), the temperature fell to about 10 degrees in summer and 0 degrees in winter. (Celcius).

Also my ideal working temperature in the desert, was 40 degrees celcius, at low humidity. Even the highest temperature I witnessed: 52 degrees, was no where near as uncomfortable as a humid 40 degrees, which I experience right now in Pattaya.

Temperature figures without humidity figures are meaningless. Yahoo weather is excellent because it provides the temperature, with a 'feels like' quoted in degrees Celcius.

I doubt that you have worked in Saudi Arabia; at night in the desert, (Layla was my nearest city), the temperature fell to about 10 degrees in summer and 0 degrees in winter. (Celcius).

LOL. I'm in Saudi at the moment. PM me you're address and I'll send you a postcard.

LOL. I'm in Saudi at the moment. PM me you're address and I'll send you a postcard.

I'm in Riyadh and it sure doesn't drop to 10 at night here. At present it gets down as far as the high 20s but the heat hasn't really started here yet (only nudging 40 during the day). I remember heading to the airport last June at 2.30am when the outside temperature was 42 degrees.