Carrefour...check Your Register Receipts

ginnyten

I was overcharged at Carefour for some sale items. I just scanned the receipt and remembered the price for the items because I bought them because they were on sale. The clerk asked me to fill out a form and they gave me the items for free and refunded double the difference. It was a nice way to settle the issue, but I rarely remember the prices so they could have overcharged me many times in the past. Because of that, I really don't have any confidence that they don't overcharge often and I don't shop there any more. It's a PIA if you have to check your receipt every time you shop. I think it's just the result of sloppy procedures rather than a scam, but the result is the same.

We were overcharged for something on sale too. However, I remembered the price and then went over to customer service. They checked the item's price in the aisle, found that it was correct, gave me the first one (I bought two) for free and charged me the sale price for the second one. So if you discover this before you are out of the store, go to customer service.

I am surprised and glad to hear that they have a similar policy as is found at some supermarket chains in the US where, if the scanned price is incorrect, they will give you the 1st item for free. We may forget the obvious, that the item prices that are scanned at time of purchase were entered into computers at some central office. Sometimes the sale prices may not be updated in time (or not at all) or were entered incorrectly.That why you should always either check the register display as the item is being rung up or the receipt after you leave the cash register. Remember this is Thailand and they may not have the best procedures in place to validate what was entered on the computer.

Of course, the other reason to check your receipt is to make sure , as someone has mentioned earlier, that if you buy multiples of the same item, they may incorrectly (accidentally or intentionally) ring up the wrong number of items.

When in Carrefour the system price is higher then the mentioned price you get the product for free, happened to me several times.

Indeed many errors, so I started to write the prices on the packages with a CD-writer, then it's easy to check when at the cassier :)

wonder if they get wrong pricing on a big ticket item

When in Carrefour the system price is higher then the mentioned price you get the product for free, happened to me several times.

Indeed many errors, so I started to write the prices on the packages with a CD-writer, then it's easy to check when at the cassier :)

It may be worth to check some flat TV's and motorbikes from time to time :D

<snip>

Thanks to those you who were sympathetic and really heard my message. There are many good TV membets out there!!

Is a membet a small TV member?

No, a membet is a female TV member. As in Dude and Dudet. Get your lexicon straight, man. :)

When I shop at Carrefour I always scan every product I buy at those price check scanners spread all over the shop.

I only keep the items that are wrong priced. :D

When I shop at Carrefour I always scan every product I buy at those price check scanners spread all over the shop.

I only keep the items that are wrong priced. :D

Wow, you have just saved me loads of money, Maybe not time.... But money, YEAH!

It may be worth to check some flat TV's and motorbikes from time to time :D

nice one :D