Fire Breaks Out At Krabi Hotel

webfact

Fire breaks out at Krabi hotel

krabi.PNG

Phra Nang Inn Hotel is one of the first hotels in Krabi.

File Photo by krabi-hotels.com

KRABI: -- A fire broke out at the Phra Nang Inn Hotel in Krabi early Tuesday, causing panic among hotel guests.

Channel 5 reported that the fire caused some Bt20 million worth of damages.

No injuries were reported.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Matichon Online (Google translate - NOTE: This machine translation by Google is the only one available for the moment):

Hotel fire as she expected Bay Fire damages 3-circuit L.

ผู้สื่อข่าวรายงานว่า Journalists reported. เมื่อช่วงเช้ามืดที่ผ่านมา When the sunrise past. เกิดเหตุเพลิงไหม้ที่ชั้น 2 โรงแรมพระนางอินน์ ต.อ่าวนาง อ.เมืองกระบี่ Fire occurrence floor hotel princess 2, T. Ao Nang, Muang Inn Krabi. ทำให้นักท่องเที่ยวที่พักภายในโรงแรมต้องวิ่งหนีกันอลหม่าน Make tourists stay in hotels must run each disorder. เจ้าหน้าที่ต้องใช้เวลาประมาณ 1 ชั่วโมง จึงสามารถสกัดเพลิงไว้ได้ ทั้งนี้ ไม่มีผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บ Officials take approximately 1 hour can be extracted into the fire without the injured. หรือเสียชีวิต Or death. เจ้าหน้าที่สันนิษฐานว่า Officials assume that. สาเหตุอาจเกิดจากไฟฟ้าลัดวงจรบริเวณห้องน้ำชั้น 1 ก่อนลุกลามไปยังชั้น 2 ส่วนความเสียหายเบื้องต้น คาดว่า ไม่ต่ำกว่า 3 ล้านบาท May cause electrical short-circuit caused by floor area, 1 bathroom before progression to the 2nd floor of damage initially estimated at least 3 million baht.

Good nobody hurt. Would hate to hear of more bad news for thailand.

Times are hard, nobody here. Oh, let's have a fire, that'll bring us some money.

Seems a bit to strange, no pics, no reports... :)

I agree it is good that there were no injuries.

Cynicism is so easy in Thailand and I am often guilty but, let's wait and see shall we?

Edited by Jonathanpattaya

Matichon Online (Google translate - NOTE: This machine translation by Google is the only one available for the moment):

Hotel fire as she expected Bay Fire damages 3-circuit L.

ผู้สื่อข่าวรายงานว่า Journalists reported. เมื่อช่วงเช้ามืดที่ผ่านมา When the sunrise past. เกิดเหตุเพลิงไหม้ที่ชั้น 2 โรงแรมพระนางอินน์ ต.อ่าวนาง อ.เมืองกระบี่ Fire occurrence floor hotel princess 2, T. Ao Nang, Muang Inn Krabi. ทำให้นักท่องเที่ยวที่พักภายในโรงแรมต้องวิ่งหนีกันอลหม่าน Make tourists stay in hotels must run each disorder. เจ้าหน้าที่ต้องใช้เวลาประมาณ 1 ชั่วโมง จึงสามารถสกัดเพลิงไว้ได้ ทั้งนี้ ไม่มีผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บ Officials take approximately 1 hour can be extracted into the fire without the injured. หรือเสียชีวิต Or death. เจ้าหน้าที่สันนิษฐานว่า Officials assume that. สาเหตุอาจเกิดจากไฟฟ้าลัดวงจรบริเวณห้องน้ำชั้น 1 ก่อนลุกลามไปยังชั้น 2 ส่วนความเสียหายเบื้องต้น คาดว่า ไม่ต่ำกว่า 3 ล้านบาท May cause electrical short-circuit caused by floor area, 1 bathroom before progression to the 2nd floor of damage initially estimated at least 3 million baht.

Jesus, what sort of language is this ... ?? Google translation machine needs urgent repair! please don't use this resource anylonger, we get a headache from this!

But good to hear that there are no casualties. The rest is material damage and insurance issue...

This belongs to a friend of ours. Glad no one was hurt

Although fires in LOS are usually looked upon as accidents in many cases they are not accidental, but rather waiting to happen.

I did report on this site how a highrise condominium building did not have any fire alarm and/or protection for over 3 years! As a result I filed a matter in Court against the Managing maintenance Co. Guess what happened? The alarm system was installed within 2 weeks. Case dismissed!...

Speaking of this OP, I wonder, what shape was the fire safety in this joint. The 20M bt

damage may be a dream never come true. Usually the insurer claims, that the accident happened due to negligence or malice on part of the insured employees is not paid for. :) (unless the compensation money is split up wisely).

Good nobody hurt. Would hate to hear of more bad news for thailand.

Times are hard, nobody here. Oh, let's have a fire, that'll bring us some money.

Seems a bit to strange, no pics, no reports... :)

I agree it is good that there were no injuries.

Cynicism is so easy in Thailand and I am often guilty but, let's wait and see shall we?

Jonathanpattaya, I agree with you 99%. To have 100% you must rephrase it: 'Cynicism

is impossible not to use in Thailand'

A word to the language critics....

If you can do better and have a good source available, please translate it and post it.

Thank you

i'll take up your challenge to translate the thai news into english and post it here for you and readers of thaivisa.

ANYWAY, HERE IS A MUCH BETTER VERSION OF THE TRANSLATION FOR REALDERS OF THAIVISA

ผู้สื่อข่าวรายงานว่า

The reporter stated that

(original translation said--Journalists reported).

เมื่อช่วงเช้ามืดที่ผ่านมา

early this morning.

(original translation said--When the sunrise past).

เกิดเหตุเพลิงไหม้ที่ชั้น 2 โรงแรมพระนางอินน์ ต.อ่าวนาง อ.เมืองกระบี่

Fire broke out on the 2nd floor of PraNungInn Hotel, at TumBon OwlNung, Umphur Krabee...

(original translation said--Fire occurrence floor hotel princess 2, T. Ao Nang, Muang Inn Krabi).

ทำให้นักท่องเที่ยวที่พักภายในโรงแรมต้องวิ่งหนีกันอลหม่าน

Hotel guests and tourists were scramming for exit..

(original translation said--Make tourists stay in hotels must run each disorder).

เจ้าหน้าที่ต้องใช้เวลาประมาณ 1 ชั่วโมง จึงสามารถสกัดเพลิงไว้ได้

It took responding officers around an hours to put out the fire..

(original translation--Officials take approximately 1 hour can be extracted into the fire without the injured)

ทั้งนี้ ไม่มีผู้ได้รับบาดเจ็บ หรือเสียชีวิต

There was no injury nor death reported.

เจ้าหน้าที่สันนิษฐานว่า

Officers were assuming that...

(original translation--Officials assume that).

สาเหตุอาจเกิดจากไฟฟ้าลัดวงจรบริเวณห้องน้ำชั้น 1 ก่อนลุกลามไปยังชั้น 2

the cause of the fire originated from short-circuit in the 1st floor bathroom before spreading to the 2nd floor..

(original translation--May cause electrical short-circuit caused by floor area, 1 bathroom before progression to the 2nd floor of damage).

ส่วนความเสียหายเบื้องต้น คาดว่า ไม่ต่ำกว่า 3 ล้านบาท

The initial damage estimation was placed at no less than 3mil baht.

(original translation--initially estimated at least 3 million baht.

webfact/george et al.... write up a critical review if you like.... and it will be my pleasure to receipt it and read it for myself and among my investor friends around the globe....

and thanks for the opportunity to show off some of my hidden talents in thaivisa.... lol

thank you very much, webfact/george et al

Edited by sbk
discussion of moderation is not allowed--annoying fonts and misquotes removed--sbk

As for the criticism of google translate, suggest you contact google- they do have the option to improve the service and would probably more than welcome your help. - otherwise any further attempts to hijack this topic will result in more than just deletion. cheers

A word to the language critics....

If you can do better and have a good source available, please translate it and post it.

Thank you

ditto

regards Brewsta

Somebody already has!! :) But we get the message!! "there was a fire in a hotel in Krabi". If ever you watch a Thai Electrician doing a house wiring job just have alook yourself you'll see why! :D

Burn your resort down, collect the insurance, sell the plot of prime beachfront real estate and retire! Easier than trying to sell a resort at the moment. I can't recall ever seeing too many fire extinguishers in Thai resorts. Maybe I'm wrong but my Greek mates dad in the UK did that as the plot of prime real estate overlooking Hyde Park was worth 5 times more than the listed Victorian building on it that he wasn't allowed to demolish. That's what real G's do!

Burn your resort down, collect the insurance, sell the plot of prime beachfront real estate and retire! Easier than trying to sell a resort at the moment. I can't recall ever seeing too many fire extinguishers in Thai resorts. Maybe I'm wrong but my Greek mates dad in the UK did that as the plot of prime real estate overlooking Hyde Park was worth 5 times more than the listed Victorian building on it that he wasn't allowed to demolish. That's what real G's do!

More common than you would think in the UK.

This belongs to a friend of ours. Glad no one was hurt

Although fires in LOS are usually looked upon as accidents in many cases they are not accidental, but rather waiting to happen.

I did report on this site how a highrise condominium building did not have any fire alarm and/or protection for over 3 years! As a result I filed a matter in Court against the Managing maintenance Co. Guess what happened? The alarm system was installed within 2 weeks. Case dismissed!...

Speaking of this OP, I wonder, what shape was the fire safety in this joint. The 20M bt

damage may be a dream never come true. Usually the insurer claims, that the accident happened due to negligence or malice on part of the insured employees is not paid for. :) (unless the compensation money is split up wisely).

hmm maybe you could have a word with Mahidol University International School in Salaya...many of the fire safety devices have been removed probably because they didn't look pretty. One of our teachers actually pointed out that the holes in the ceiling once held smoke detectors.

Fire safety is overlooked far too often in Thailand.. it's scary.