Pattaya Real Estate

sharecropper

mate you'll have to forgive dickies biased comments, if you look at property for sale he has one and it's not cheap :D

compare pattaya to the u.k, I wouldn't but at least for my £150k I spent on a 2 bed flat is my own and no xenephobic thai-chinese cretin who comes into power next over there can decide to take it off me in the future and I have a 20 year mortgage most of the already built stuff is cash up front or payment over 3-5 years out there, yes it is crap in England what with gordon brown and his cronies along with the state this country has got itself into but lets be realistic about this, Pattaya to me is a holiday destination and after living there for 8 years before it is somewhere I would purely choose to spend a week or 2 from time to time!

You spend £50k on an apartment out there, well you could get many years holiday in a 5* hotel for that and not be tied to the one place :D

had and sold all my property in Pattaya before, was gutted when I sold it as was moving back to U.K, looking back couldn't have made a better choice :)

Edited by norrona

Can I be an 'anarcist' too?

I couldn't work out if it was a fusion of the words "anarchist" with "narcissist"! Probably the latter if he was plugging the Waterfront.

On second thoughts, it could be the former if he was just trying to pump and dump, and smash the Pattaya capitalist system.

..a born pessimist and possibly anarcist.

:)

oh, and why compare prices to UK only? I compare prices to Luxembourg. And if my strange math and economy don't work out, Tokyo as well.

Edited by valgehiir

..a born pessimist and possibly anarcist.

:)

oh, and why compare prices to UK only? I compare prices to Luxembourg. And if my strange math and economy don't work out, Tokyo as well.

Monaco also have some pretty good deal that make Pattaya look very attractive and you are never very far away from the beach.. :D :

http://www.montecarlo-realestate.com/en/sa...co/r-6-5+rooms/

I couldn't work out if it was a fusion of the words "anarchist" with "narcissist"! Probably the latter if he was plugging the Waterfront.

On second thoughts, it could be the former if he was just trying to pump and dump, and smash the Pattaya capitalist system.

I thought he was trying to spell 'Antichrist'. :)

mate you'll have to forgive dickies biased comments, if you look at property for sale he has one and it's not cheap :D

compare pattaya to the u.k, I wouldn't but at least for my £150k I spent on a 2 bed flat is my own and no xenephobic thai-chinese cretin who comes into power next over there can decide to take it off me in the future and I have a 20 year mortgage most of the already built stuff is cash up front or payment over 3-5 years out there, yes it is crap in England what with gordon brown and his cronies along with the state this country has got itself into but lets be realistic about this, Pattaya to me is a holiday destination and after living there for 8 years before it is somewhere I would purely choose to spend a week or 2 from time to time!

You spend £50k on an apartment out there, well you could get many years holiday in a 5* hotel for that and not be tied to the one place :D

had and sold all my property in Pattaya before, was gutted when I sold it as was moving back to U.K, looking back couldn't have made a better choice :)

Norrona,

Thanks a bunch for having a go at me on TV, thought you being an x-agent in Ptty you might have backed me up a bit.

You have made it very clear over the years you don't like me, i can assure you the feeling is mutual.

Why don't you tell everybody on TV the truth, that you were an agent in Ptty, & if anyone has a biased opoinon its you?

I seem to recall you were the one who ran away from Ptty with your tale between your legs

Dickie

I thought he was trying to spell 'Antichrist'. :)

Surely that would only be if he was an off-plan developer!

Isin't it true that the reason you left Ptty so quickly & went back to the UK, was there was a Thai arrest warrant out for you at the time.

Issued by your x-boss (MR) at the agent you use to work for

The only property i know of you having in Ptty was a small piece of land next to me, what you sold real cheap. I know the UK guy you sold it to very well, & he still owns it

Edited by dickie58

there are pockets/areas in the UK where properties are extreme depending on location, there are also areas where 150-200k pounds would not be unusual for a detached house/bungalow, sorry but I hold fast with my statement, your example of 7million baht should be more like 4-5 million, you are doing exactly what I said in my original post............comparing with back home prices on the wrong end of the scale :) but please feel free to hand your well earned nest egg over to something you will never own and was built for a fraction of what you paid for it lol

So you are saying that, because some brackwater areas in the sticks in the USA have bungalows for 7 - 11 Million Baht, and because Thailand has to be much cheaper than that, you should get a nice 3 Bedroom House with Pool and imported furniture onthe beachfront of one of Thailand's most popular resort towns for 3 Million Baht? Or else it's a scam?

Wasn't that what you were trying to say?

Dream on, forever!

I have an old studio bought for 400,000B 6 years ago .I should now get 850,000 B if sold it .As i spent around 300,000 doing it up ,there would be no profit but also i have been living there rent free .

I also bought a one bedroom unit in Park Lane ,Jomtien for 1.2 M baht ,and am due to collect the keys this week .This development is sold out ,and if i wanted to sell i am sure i would at least get my money back .

Good to hear that development has successfully completed, given the former question marks over it last year.

Anyone on here exposed to (or actually living in) La Royale?

And what about Regatta as that never got built

I think the developer of the Regatta was meant to be Indochine (Mr Trevor Dick), the same developer as Regent Pratmanak condos

As I know Sunny I can tell you he can't afford teeth let alone real estate.

For all you guys who dont want to compare UK or overseas prices to Ptty, look at the attached, Angeles City offers similar actveties to Ptty, but look at these property prices, 700sqm of land for 30 milion pesos.

When i was last in AC it wasn't anywhere near the Sea?!!

In my opoinon Ptty is far better than AC.

PI_property.pdf

Edited by dickie58

And Thailand is far better than the PI! I'll stay here...

It is hard to compare property from other countries to here. Just too many differences (many real and many in the minds/dreams of the owners).

If you think Pattaya is expensive, head to Phuket!

For all you guys who dont want to compare UK or overseas prices to Ptty, look at the attached, Angeles City offers similar actveties to Ptty, but look at these property prices, 700sqm of land for 30 milion pesos.

Pattaya is a huge bargain compared to ac. Anyone who has looked at real estate in ac can confirm this. The quality in ac is horrible. The price are too high.

Pattaya is a huge bargain compared to ac. Anyone who has looked at real estate in ac can confirm this. The quality in ac is horrible. The price are too high.

Sounds like a last attempt sale at Kmart or Walmart.

The fact is that there are only a few really good condos (top, front w/ full view of the ocean).

The fact is that the city is a sewer, overdeveloped, and going downhill fast.

The fact is that if they ever want to do Twin Peaks II, Pattaya-Jomtien is there.

I wonder when the "real estate hounds" will start looking at other more receptive, potentially lucrative places like Vietnam and Cambodia?

I think by the time they figure this out they will be way behind the "first wave."

Imagine a new Pattaya w/ Western amenities in Cambodia or Vietnam. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Property in the Phillipines is cheaper than property in Thailand.

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Asia/Th...e-meter-prices#

Property in the Phillipines is cheaper than property in Thailand.

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Asia/Th...e-meter-prices#

according to that guide the average price of a 48 sqm studio in thailand cities is 3,952,080 baht. I am no expert but seems a little on the high side. I am sure real estate is generally more expensive in thailand. What i am saying is something close to the same quality is not going to be cheaper. This is not from a statistic. This is from personal shopping.

Many people will be sitting on their losses. Unless they sell their property this loss will not crystalise. Properties like most investments do go and down.

For me the more disappointing property aspect in Pattaya given the huge supply of units recently, is the weak rental return.

Many people will be sitting on their losses. Unless they sell their property this loss will not crystalise. Properties like most investments do go and down.

For me the more disappointing property aspect in Pattaya given the huge supply of units recently, is the weak rental return.

Real estate is a limited commodity. There is only so much. Only so much near the sea. Only so much in the city. Only so much...

It will always go up, over time. Ups and downs yes, but over time always up.

My Mom has a house in Las Vegas. She is down from her original investment in 2005. But, has no reason to sell....so really has not lost any money. That only happens when you sell....

Real estate is a limited commodity. There is only so much. Only so much near the sea. Only so much in the city. Only so much...

My Mom has a house in Las Vegas. She is down from her original investment in 2005. But, has no reason to sell....so really has not lost any money. That only happens when you sell....

"Always up over time" is simply not true, especially not the nominal value. Look at Japan, since the 1989 crash real-estate has just been hitting south, year after year.

Without proper upkeep a building, especially in Thailand can easily become worthless over time.

There is so much financial uncertainty ahead of us right now and it might very well be another 10 or even 20 years before we have another property bubble.

I agree with you property will always increase in value over time, if its maintained properly.

A lot of problems in the Ptty real estate market in my opoinon is down to the over supply of units.

A lot of these guys who are knocking there houses down to half of there orignal asking price are obvously desperate to sell, for whatever reason?

Some people can't afford to sit on non-productive properties for decades until the price finally goes up.

It is similar to the stock market.

The advice is always "don't sell." The only time you lose is when you sell low, so just wait.

But you might have to wait a decade..........two decades.........three decades.

Perhaps a better question is how much money have you lost by not selling at the top of the market a few years ago?

Related question: When do you expect that the market (general market and not just the top end condo market) will go up again?

Most places in thailand have tanked.

Just look at Pattaya, vast, vast oversupply.

Loads and loads of unsold empty units and few buyers.

More units being started, many never to be finished.

For sale for years.

Dodgy ownership rules.

only buy something if you intend to live in it as your home.

"Always up over time" is simply not true, especially not the nominal value. Look at Japan, since the 1989 crash real-estate has just been hitting south, year after year.

Without proper upkeep a building, especially in Thailand can easily become worthless over time.

There is so much financial uncertainty ahead of us right now and it might very well be another 10 or even 20 years before we have another property bubble.

You are right on with that! But Japan is one of the very few places in the world where this has happened...and over time...it will go up...but they do have an aging population and that won't help property values to increase.

What you said is why I did not buy a condo over here. You have NO control over the upkeep. I had one in New York City. It was an older building, and we paid a fairly large maintenance fee each month for the upkeep...and they spent it! New elevators, redid the fascia, new lobby, etc...and that was all done in just the 4 years I lived there. Lots of upkeep. Over here, the sinking/maintenance funds are not at high enough levels in many of the buildings to allow this type of work to occur. No biggie when it is new, a huge deal as it ages.

But land is very limited here. Thailand is densely populated. And it is a young population who will need homes to raise kids. Same is true pretty much all over Asia. So with such a limited supply and such a large population, demand will drive the prices. In my housing development, a good portion of the homes are owned by white collar Thais. Doctors, bankers, etc.

I agree we might not see a bubble for a long time, but I don't really want to see another. An nice 3% increase a year or so, as has been historically true, is prefect. Easier to handle than this crazy bubble stuff. If you are lucky, as I was, you can make money. But a fair degree of luck is involved.

Most places in thailand have tanked.

Just look at Pattaya, vast, vast oversupply.

Loads and loads of unsold empty units and few buyers.

More units being started, many never to be finished.

For sale for years.

Dodgy ownership rules.

only buy something if you intend to live in it as your home.

You could say the same thing about most of the Western US! Only the ownership rules are much better. :)

Agree with living in it. Way too many vacant rentals right now to even get into that business....