Buy Iphone In Bangkok Or Usa

TheJoker12

You can also buy them at Apple shops - unlocked by Apple. I trust them more than True. I've had mine for a month and received software updates from Apple with no problem. Also downloaded some apps. Brilliant device. I've put two SIM cards in already (1 DTAC and 1 from the UK) and connected no problem. 24,500 +7%vat for a 16GB. Go to http://www.copperwired.co.th/ for shop locations.

I don't know what you mean by that. There are no official Apple stores in Thailand. True is Apple's official partner for the iPhone and is selling the original as intended by Apple. That's as good as it gets. Everyone else is selling grey imports from HK, Australia, or elsewhere.

BTW I bought my 3GS at True. No problems. Using with AIS SIM, have also used it in Europe with a prepaid sim there. True didn't even try to sell me one of their data plans which was a bit surprising.

Actually there are many Apple stores in Thailand. They are not owned by Apple but they are authorized by Apple to sell and service Apple products.

There was a thread about this a while back, but things might have changed. Im pretty sure the thread stated that the "authorised" apple dealers were in fact not allowed to sell iphones, period, as this would interfere with the deal being made with True, however this being Thailand and having no real law they go ahead and import them HK and sell them anyway, this was before the True deal, now I have no idea whats up.

I know for a fact that authorized Apple stores in Thailand can indeed sell the iPhone.

There was a thread about this a while back, but things might have changed. Im pretty sure the thread stated that the "authorised" apple dealers were in fact not allowed to sell iphones, period, as this would interfere with the deal being made with True, however this being Thailand and having no real law they go ahead and import them HK and sell them anyway, this was before the True deal, now I have no idea whats up.

I know for a fact that authorized Apple stores in Thailand can indeed sell the iPhone.

That's what I thought. Thanks. Besides, my phone is not a grey import as it was produced for sale in Thailand. I'm sure these are not being sold in Hong Kong, or elsewhere (why would they be?). As mentioned earlier, Apple tend to keep tabs on who's selling their products, and in what form. Also I take comfort in knowing that, in the unlikely event of a problem, I can go to an Apple reseller (where I also bought an iMac with absolutely no problem and registered it with Apple at the point of purchase) and get my phone fixed. I prefer this to going to True and getting, "Sorry, cannot. You come back tomorrow".

Before True got the iphone there was NO official authorised dealer for Thailand so dont know what you guys are talking about. Maybe there are secondary authorised dealers other than True NOW but I dont see how, but I guess its possible.

Wiggy how do you know your iphone was "produced for sale in Thailand"?

Wiggy why would True not fix your broken Iphone considering they are the official distributors of the phone?

Before True got the iphone there was NO official authorised dealer for Thailand so dont know what you guys are talking about. Maybe there are secondary authorised dealers other than True NOW but I dont see how, but I guess its possible.

Wiggy how do you know your iphone was "produced for sale in Thailand"?

Wiggy why would True not fix your broken Iphone considering they are the official distributors of the phone?

It has "TH" in the model number - I'm assuming that stands for Thailand (I could be wrong)

My phone wasn't broken. I've just had more than my fair share of problems when dealing with True (TV, Internet etc.)

Can someone please tell me if there is a True store in Pattaya and its location and telephone number. I will be back there in March and would like to buy an Iphone outright. Or a better place to buy an Iphone perhaps other than True?

Thanks.