Teso Lotus

carlitos_way

Not having a map in front of me, I think the two closest would be either:

1) On the east side of Phahonyothin Road, about 1 bus stop (300 metres) north of Central Ladprao.

2) On the northeastcorner of Rama I and Bantadthong Roads (a bit west of the National Stadium, and across the road).

1) On the east side of Phahonyothin Road, about 1 bus stop (300 metres) north of Central Ladprao.

2) On the northeastcorner of Rama I and Bantadthong Roads (a bit west of the National Stadium, and across the road).

There is a relatively new Big C at Ari Bts Station I believe. Along with a Villa.

From Victory Monument, I would suggest using the Tops Market in the basement of the Century mall. The mall is a 5-10 minute walk from the monument, and the grocery store is adequate.

The nearest Tesco is so far away that it doesn't make sense to go there. If you need something that is rare in Thailand, you would be better served by jumping on the Skytrain to Paragon Mall (Siam Station), and trying the Gourmet Market in its basement.

Interesting choices...

I'm in the Victory M area.

A recent Tesco Lotus gal, I used to shop at Villa.

But the prices... whooh... blinking crazy and only getting worse.

For a weekly shop, I cut my grocery bill by doing the majority at Tesco Lotus (Ladprao) and the extras at Paragon's Gourmet.

My grocery bill is now half and under.

There is a relatively new Big C at Ari Bts Station I believe. Along with a Villa.

I enjoy both of these stores. Hope you are not looking to purchase "Foreigner" size clothing however. Neither seems to want to carry sizes for "bigger" people. Not sure why - maybe foreigners are "expected" to shop at more expensive shops or use individual tailors.

Cheers,

Keoki

There are two Villas in Ari. The newest one is under Ari BTS (soi 6 side). The older Villa is on Soi 8 (same side of the road). The Villa on soi 8 has cheaper products (sometimes half the price for avocados).

Within reach:

Gourmet (Paragon)

2 Villas Ari BTS & soi 8 (Paholyothin)

Big C (Paholyothin)

Tesco Lotus (across from Central Ladprao)

Tops (basement of Central Ladprao)

Carrefour (Ladprao)

There are others, obviously...

The Ari area also has street markets that beat on both price and produce.

from victory monument, your nearest tesco lotus is fortune tower, on the corner of ratchada, basically down the road going past din daeng from victory monument, about 5o baht in a taxi in non-rushour traffic

Edited by humbug

What does the "Lotus" part stand for in the name? Is it a Thailand chain, whereas Tesco is from England? Some kind of alliance, I guess?

Don't quote me but I believe there was a chain here called Lotus, Tesco purchased them when the entered the market or something like that.