Hilltribe Food

anatta

Most hilltribe food is boiled and bland.

They do produce some good rice and a few 'goodies' though. :)

I guess it depends on which hill tribes, who does the cooking, etc.

Eating at an Akha house is like a raw foodists delight--lots of raw vegetables and green stuff on the table for dipping. Also lots of chilis. Have had some good stuff over the years.

However, to answer the OP, I don't know any restaurants that specialize in the cuisine. It ought to be the next craze...

Most hilltribe food is boiled and bland.

They do produce some good rice and a few 'goodies' though. :)

I guess it depends on which hill tribes, who does the cooking, etc.

Eating at an Akha house is like a raw foodists delight--lots of raw vegetables and green stuff on the table for dipping. Also lots of chilis. Have had some good stuff over the years.

However, to answer the OP, I don't know any restaurants that specialize in the cuisine. It ought to be the next craze...

Most hilltribes have raw veggies etc; what I meant to say was don't expect to get something that resembles a westerners idea of Thai food like gang kiew wan or tom yum gung.

E.g. the Lisu traditionally live on the top of mountains and just surviving was hard enough, without walking for hours to the lowlands for oil, oyster sauce, fish sauce (which they couldn't afford anyway) etc, so they just boil stuff and you can have raw veggies and chillies if you want.