How Long To Find And Secure A Rental Condo - On Average?

I've lived for months at a time in Bangkok over the last few years but previously only as a service apartment renter, and only as a visitor.

Next week I'm finally going to move to Bangkok full time and I want to secure a 1 year condo lease (prefer it not be a serviced apartment, but also not out of the question).

I am reading conflicting information on how long it might take to find and secure a rental condo for a 1 year lease.

I am most interested in living on the river near the BTS stops (either side) or in the Rajadamri area.

How long, on average, should it take to find, secure and move in to a place?

It seems there are plenty of rentals available. I've also read the great and helpful posts here from renters and leasers (great information).

I plan to devote EVERY waking hour to finding a place as soon as I land.

I want to do all of this in one or two weeks and I have the help of 3 Thai locals and some expats.

So far I've had zero interest from "relocation experts" who advertise in Thailand (I won't name them here). When I write these companies responding to ads they've posted about properties for rent, and tell them I'm relocating in several weeks, my e-mails and phone calls are ignored. Perhaps there are just too many properties and rentals available to be bogged down with an e-mail from a relocater like me. :)

Thank you everyone for the help.

20 minutes?

If your budget isn't an issue that is. No longer than a day regardless of your budget.

edit --- assuming you can read Thai or have a Thai person (or someone that can read and speak some Thai) with you.

Edited by jdinasia

:)

Budget for this is 35,000 to 38,000 baht. I see plenty in this price range.

Any issue with starting my rent before the first of the month? Here in the States some people make you wait until the month begins, but somehow I think this won't apply in Thailand.

:)

Budget for this is 35,000 to 38,000 baht. I see plenty in this price range.

Any issue with starting my rent before the first of the month? Here in the States some people make you wait until the month begins, but somehow I think this won't apply in Thailand.

Nope, no issue at all. Even in the US 99% of places would rather move you in immediately and pro-rate the rent.

Your issue is finding an area you want to be in. Then in a building you want to be in. Anytime you are budgeting at least 20k a month in BKK you should have plenty of options. I am not familiar with any of the buildings 'on' the river but if you have seen them advertised in your price range then just relax.